Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sabotage's 3 Round Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottonatable

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 1st round pick for the bucs is absolute trash. JESSE [inappropriate/removed] WILLIAMS ARE YOU KIDDING ME HOW MUCH METH DO YOU SMOKE!?!
green24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Solid feedback. Rolling Eyes
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not seeing the Vikings draft turning out as it went, I don't see them looking at Austin in round one, don't see him as BPA and don't see him as a fit, unless Harvin is traded, see someone more like Jarvis Jones or Hankins going to the Vikings as BPA. Round two and three I could live with, Short could be BPA when we pick in round two, but the first round pick is bad and doesn't fit the Vikings typical draft.

I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like the Pats picks. Adding a DL like Jenkins from the SEC. Adding a WR and also a OL.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
the 1st round pick for the bucs is absolute trash. JESSE [inappropriate/removed] WILLIAMS ARE YOU KIDDING ME HOW MUCH METH DO YOU SMOKE!?!

scottonatable this is a warning for the following: [There are better ways of giving feedback on mock drafts]

Quote:
1. Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.

2. Personal attacks, name calling, and threats to other members are not allowed.

#JDI
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good Titans draft.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Good Cardinals Mock

Good, but not great.

Would much rather Warford/Johnson there in the second round or even Pugh. Just not big on Aboushi.

Not sure I really want to take a shot on Jenkins in a defense that emphasizes the ability to set the edge vs the run from their OLB's. Not sure where else I go there, but I am not a big Jenkins fan.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
WhODaT888

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to argue with who's chosen compared to who is available but I'd almost reach a bit for Margus Hunt in round 2. Could be an asset inside and rotate with Bryant.

Solid draft though, nice.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Sabotage's 3 Round Mock Draft Reply with quote

Your board is starting to shape up a lot like mine.

With regard to the Chargers' picks, every early read I'm getting on Telesco is that he's a BPA kind of guy (quotes like "ideal draft is when the line of talent meets the line of need, but if it doesn't I'm not going to reach," suggest as much - though it could also just have been lip-service paid to the fans who were highly critical of some of AJ Smith's trademark draft reaches).

The thing is, I see Fisher as being exactly that in the 1st; line of talent meeting line of need. Is he the definitive Best Player Available there? No. I'd contend Chance Warmack and (though I'm not as high on him as so many) Jarvis Jones have better cases. That said, he's the best combination of value meeting need (and I expect Fisher to grade out around 13th or 14th on my big board when all is said and done).

In the 2nd, that's where it gets interesting. There's an obvious case the Alec Ogletree may have better pure value than Eric Reid (position premium being one since Ogletree has the athleticism to kick outside as a pass-rusher; also because I really don't feel like there's a 1st round safety in this class - again because of traditional position premium). Both could be considered filling needs (yes, Smith sunk a 3rd round pick into Brandon Taylor last season, but Reid is the superior prospect - as is Tony Jefferson). And this is a tough one because under Polian the two positions that Telesco (and obv. Polian) were drafting most often with the Colts were DB's and LB's. Kind of a toss-up, I'd personally give Ogletree a bump in terms of better positional value, but I can certainly see a case for Reid.

Gratz in the 3rd I agree with - the only other prospect worth considering there is Sly Williams in terms of value meeting need (and Williams really is of much higher value to a team running a 4-3 than a 3-4).

Also glad to see we see eye to eye on:
- Tavon Austin as a 1st rounder (from everything I hear a number of scouts are gaga for him)
- Te'o falling out of the Top 15 but likely not out of the Top 25. I've been saying all along it's going to pain me when he gets plugged into an ideal situation for him in either Pittsburgh or Baltimore, but that's where his value kicks in.
- Dallas Thomas being notably above Aboushi. I'd contend Lane Johnson is as well, and is picked before Aboushi, as I just haven't seen evidence to lead me to believe that O'Day isn't a one-year-in-reserve type project. Very good ceiling, yes. But I don't see the right match-up of team to talent - as in a team that has a "need" at OT but not so pressing that they don't feel like they need more of a Day 1 impact somewhere on the line from the player. Thomas gives you that. Johnson gives you that. Pugh gives you that. Aboushi reminds me a bit too much of Will Beatty right now.

One thing we don't see eye-to-eye on:
I just don't see Eiffert as the first TE off the board. I can see both Kelce and Reed going before him. While none of the three is a fantastic blocker, Reed in particular has superior athleticism to Eiffert that I think gets him a nod prior to Eiffert's better "roundness". Eiffert reminds me a lot of Zack Miller (the ASU one the Raiders drafted, not the one your Jags drafted), but that's both good and bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Wow I would DIE OF JOY. This is an absolute dream draft.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlanta doesn't need a corner at all..

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
joru1000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anybody reading this. The Vikings are not drafting Tavon Austin
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Sabotage's 3 Round Mock Draft Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:

One thing we don't see eye-to-eye on:
I just don't see Eiffert as the first TE off the board. I can see both Kelce and Reed going before him. While none of the three is a fantastic blocker, Reed in particular has superior athleticism to Eiffert that I think gets him a nod prior to Eiffert's better "roundness". Eiffert reminds me a lot of Zack Miller (the ASU one the Raiders drafted, not the one your Jags drafted), but that's both good and bad.

While his tape has been worse this season, compared to last, but until I do my full breakdown on Kelce [the only one I see topping Eifert], he stays as my #1 TE. While others have gotten close, more notably Ryan Otten, I expect Kelce to take him over in the coming weeks. I don't like Reed, he isn't a 3 down player, and lags off the snap in pass pro/run blocking, and I can't see how a guy with that, is going to make it higher then where they normally land, which is starting the late 2nd- early 3rd.

#JDI
Play4Blood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3. Oakland (4-12) // Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M

Would. Not. Complain.

Veldheer might get [inappropriate/removed], but he's a big boy. He'd get over it. Moving him to RT would give us a freakishly good set of bookends. I'm for it.

Quote:
4. Oakland (4-12) // John Simon, DE Ohio State

Meh.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Atlanta doesn't need a corner at all..

You can never have too many corners

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: