Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brady ties Montana Record
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 30084
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
To be clear, was Bart Starr more important than Vince Lombardi in the building and maintenance of the Packers dynasty?

His 5:1 TD/INT ratio in the postseason is the primary reason they're even a dynasty. Without his ability to protect the football and distribute it promptly and accurately, they don't win championships.


So, was that a yes?

Absolutely. Dynasties are defined by execution.


Fair enough. Laughing

Bart Starr was more important to the building and maintenance of the Packers dynasty than Vince Lombardi. <shrug>
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FirstDownFaulk


Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 5359
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
You have zero evidence that the QB is more important than the HC in the building and maintaining of a dynasty. If thats what you are saying.

Find me something that shows that every "mistake" a head coach makes in the playoffs, it decreases his teams chance of winning by 25%.....


They dont keep stats on how much a poor draft pick, or a poor game plan, or a poor FA signing, or poor coaching effects a teams chances of winning.

Exactly....that's because execution, or lack thereof, is all that ultimately matters and what people remember.

But how often recently have the Patriots had poor draft picks and poor FA signings, yet they continue winning and having success....
_________________
jrry32 wrote:
Tom Brady hasn't left NE and proven himself not to be a system QB...so he is one.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FirstDownFaulk


Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 5359
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
To be clear, was Bart Starr more important than Vince Lombardi in the building and maintenance of the Packers dynasty?

His 5:1 TD/INT ratio in the postseason is the primary reason they're even a dynasty. Without his ability to protect the football and distribute it promptly and accurately, they don't win championships.


So, was that a yes?

Absolutely. Dynasties are defined by execution.


Fair enough. Laughing

Bart Starr was more important to the building and maintenance of the Packers dynasty than Vince Lombardi. <shrug>

Take a look at the Buffalo Bills....had the potential to be the most dominant dynasty of them all. Absolutely stacked everywhere on the field....how come they didn't win four Super Bowls in a row ??

2 touchdowns and 7 interceptions is why.....
_________________
jrry32 wrote:
Tom Brady hasn't left NE and proven himself not to be a system QB...so he is one.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 30084
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
You have zero evidence that the QB is more important than the HC in the building and maintaining of a dynasty. If thats what you are saying.

Find me something that shows that every "mistake" a head coach makes in the playoffs, it decreases his teams chance of winning by 25%.....


They dont keep stats on how much a poor draft pick, or a poor game plan, or a poor FA signing, or poor coaching effects a teams chances of winning.

Exactly....that's because execution, or lack thereof, is all that ultimately matters and what people remember.

But how often recently have the Patriots had poor draft picks and poor FA signings, yet they continue winning and having success....


But theyve never won a game with Brady throwing a pick, right???

Laughing

No, it isnt because "execution is what matters." It's because you cant quantify what I am talking about. Because keeping a stat like that would be impossible.

Seriously, I am all ears. How would you keep stats like those I mentioned?

I mean, couldnt you conclude, based on the lack of stats and the same silly conclusion drawn by that fact, that draft picks dont matter at all? Free agent signings dont matter at all? Game plans dont matter at all? At some point common sense has to play a part in this.
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
x0x


Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 15470
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:

Take a look at the Buffalo Bills....had the potential to be the most dominant dynasty of them all. Absolutely stacked everywhere on the field....how come they didn't win four Super Bowls in a row ??

2 touchdowns and 7 interceptions is why.....



Just had to respond to this specifically.

You can put some of the blame on Kelly but certainly not all. Not to mention he didn't play the whole game against the first Cowboys meeting.

Thurman Thomas fumbled the ball in XXVIII that ultimately turned that game to the Cowboys. Thurman Thomas also failed to convert a crucial short 3rd down as well.

And of course Scott Norwood.




So yeah, not happening. Not to mention the fact the 1991 Redskins were a disgusting overmatch against that Bills team.
_________________
Legends Never Die. They Breathe Through The New Generation.
100 Greatest Quarterbacks of All Time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FirstDownFaulk


Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 5359
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:

Take a look at the Buffalo Bills....had the potential to be the most dominant dynasty of them all. Absolutely stacked everywhere on the field....how come they didn't win four Super Bowls in a row ??

2 touchdowns and 7 interceptions is why.....



Just had to respond to this specifically.

You can put some of the blame on Kelly but certainly not all. Not to mention he didn't play the whole game against the first Cowboys meeting.

Thurman Thomas fumbled the ball in XXVIII that ultimately turned that game to the Cowboys. Thurman Thomas also failed to convert a crucial short 3rd down as well.

And of course Scott Norwood.




So yeah, not happening. Not to mention the fact the 1991 Redskins were a disgusting overmatch against that Bills team.

The '01 Rams were a disgusting overmatch against that Patriots team, whats your point ??

Bill Polian and Marv Levy built a great organization and gave them every chance to succeed.....Jim Kelly just didn't execute well and it cost Polian his job. It was the dynasty that never was.
_________________
jrry32 wrote:
Tom Brady hasn't left NE and proven himself not to be a system QB...so he is one.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 30084
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
To be clear, was Bart Starr more important than Vince Lombardi in the building and maintenance of the Packers dynasty?

His 5:1 TD/INT ratio in the postseason is the primary reason they're even a dynasty. Without his ability to protect the football and distribute it promptly and accurately, they don't win championships.


So, was that a yes?

Absolutely. Dynasties are defined by execution.


Fair enough. Laughing

Bart Starr was more important to the building and maintenance of the Packers dynasty than Vince Lombardi. <shrug>

Take a look at the Buffalo Bills....had the potential to be the most dominant dynasty of them all. Absolutely stacked everywhere on the field....how come they didn't win four Super Bowls in a row ??

2 touchdowns and 7 interceptions is why.....


Yes, because missed kicks and the utter destruction of their defense had nothing to do with it, right?

All about the QB.
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FirstDownFaulk


Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 5359
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could have 21 first team All-Pros surrounding a quarterback, yet the team will only go as far as his level of execution (or lack of execution) allows the team to go in January.

Just as I type this...we're watching Matt Ryan throw and fumble his teams' chance away....
_________________
jrry32 wrote:
Tom Brady hasn't left NE and proven himself not to be a system QB...so he is one.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 30084
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
x0x wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:

Take a look at the Buffalo Bills....had the potential to be the most dominant dynasty of them all. Absolutely stacked everywhere on the field....how come they didn't win four Super Bowls in a row ??

2 touchdowns and 7 interceptions is why.....



Just had to respond to this specifically.

You can put some of the blame on Kelly but certainly not all. Not to mention he didn't play the whole game against the first Cowboys meeting.

Thurman Thomas fumbled the ball in XXVIII that ultimately turned that game to the Cowboys. Thurman Thomas also failed to convert a crucial short 3rd down as well.

And of course Scott Norwood.




So yeah, not happening. Not to mention the fact the 1991 Redskins were a disgusting overmatch against that Bills team.

The '01 Rams were a disgusting overmatch against that Patriots team, whats your point ??

Bill Polian and Marv Levy built a great organization and gave them every chance to succeed.....Jim Kelly just didn't execute well and it cost Polian his job. It was the dynasty that never was.


That it took the defense holding the GSOT to 16 points to win the SB?

And again, you are ignoring the other clear meltdowns on those Bills teams while you try to lay it all on the QB.
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FirstDownFaulk


Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 5359
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
x0x wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:

Take a look at the Buffalo Bills....had the potential to be the most dominant dynasty of them all. Absolutely stacked everywhere on the field....how come they didn't win four Super Bowls in a row ??

2 touchdowns and 7 interceptions is why.....



Just had to respond to this specifically.

You can put some of the blame on Kelly but certainly not all. Not to mention he didn't play the whole game against the first Cowboys meeting.

Thurman Thomas fumbled the ball in XXVIII that ultimately turned that game to the Cowboys. Thurman Thomas also failed to convert a crucial short 3rd down as well.

And of course Scott Norwood.




So yeah, not happening. Not to mention the fact the 1991 Redskins were a disgusting overmatch against that Bills team.

The '01 Rams were a disgusting overmatch against that Patriots team, whats your point ??

Bill Polian and Marv Levy built a great organization and gave them every chance to succeed.....Jim Kelly just didn't execute well and it cost Polian his job. It was the dynasty that never was.


That it took the defense holding the GSOT to 16 points to win the SB?

And again, you are ignoring the other clear meltdowns on those Bills teams while you try to lay it all on the QB.

Who's "ignoring" them ??

I'm simply saying that completing 81 of 145 passes (56%) and throwing only 2 touchdowns and 7 interceptions is not quality execution, and is the primary reason why they're 0-4 in those games.
_________________
jrry32 wrote:
Tom Brady hasn't left NE and proven himself not to be a system QB...so he is one.



Last edited by FirstDownFaulk on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 30084
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
You could have 21 first team All-Pros surrounding a quarterback, yet the team will only go as far as his level of execution (or lack of execution) allows the team to go in January.

Just as I type this...we're watching Matt Ryan throw and fumble his teams' chance away....


Peyton Manning 2006?
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FirstDownFaulk


Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 5359
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
You could have 21 first team All-Pros surrounding a quarterback, yet the team will only go as far as his level of execution (or lack of execution) allows the team to go in January.

Just as I type this...we're watching Matt Ryan throw and fumble his teams' chance away....


Peyton Manning 2006?

You can attempt to pass off the exception as the rule....but it only makes you look foolish Laughing

Trent Dilfer next ??
_________________
jrry32 wrote:
Tom Brady hasn't left NE and proven himself not to be a system QB...so he is one.



Last edited by FirstDownFaulk on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 30084
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
x0x wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:

Take a look at the Buffalo Bills....had the potential to be the most dominant dynasty of them all. Absolutely stacked everywhere on the field....how come they didn't win four Super Bowls in a row ??

2 touchdowns and 7 interceptions is why.....



Just had to respond to this specifically.

You can put some of the blame on Kelly but certainly not all. Not to mention he didn't play the whole game against the first Cowboys meeting.

Thurman Thomas fumbled the ball in XXVIII that ultimately turned that game to the Cowboys. Thurman Thomas also failed to convert a crucial short 3rd down as well.

And of course Scott Norwood.




So yeah, not happening. Not to mention the fact the 1991 Redskins were a disgusting overmatch against that Bills team.

The '01 Rams were a disgusting overmatch against that Patriots team, whats your point ??

Bill Polian and Marv Levy built a great organization and gave them every chance to succeed.....Jim Kelly just didn't execute well and it cost Polian his job. It was the dynasty that never was.


That it took the defense holding the GSOT to 16 points to win the SB?

And again, you are ignoring the other clear meltdowns on those Bills teams while you try to lay it all on the QB.

Who's "ignoring" them ??

I'm simply saying that completing 81 of 145 passes (56%) and throwing only 2 touchdowns and 7 interceptions is not quality execution, and is the primary reason why they're 0-4 in those games.


And I am saying no it wasnt. Missed FGs and defensive meltdowns were the primary reason they are 0-4 in those games.
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 30084
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
You could have 21 first team All-Pros surrounding a quarterback, yet the team will only go as far as his level of execution (or lack of execution) allows the team to go in January.

Just as I type this...we're watching Matt Ryan throw and fumble his teams' chance away....


Peyton Manning 2006?

You can attempt to pass off the exception as the rule....but it only makes you look foolish Laughing


I suppose if I was actually trying to "pass off the exception as the rule" you would have a point.
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FirstDownFaulk


Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 5359
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
You could have 21 first team All-Pros surrounding a quarterback, yet the team will only go as far as his level of execution (or lack of execution) allows the team to go in January.

Just as I type this...we're watching Matt Ryan throw and fumble his teams' chance away....


Peyton Manning 2006?

You can attempt to pass off the exception as the rule....but it only makes you look foolish Laughing


I suppose if I was actually trying to "pass off the exception as the rule" you would have a point.

Peyton Manning is a great example though. He lights it up during the regular season, his team dominates...then he disappears in the playoffs and they're all golfing by MLK day.
_________________
jrry32 wrote:
Tom Brady hasn't left NE and proven himself not to be a system QB...so he is one.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group