Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RedGreenShow's Post Combine Piece
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Bengals pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bengals wont go LB here
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:

Sure they can. And why wouldnt they? The only linebackers they have under contract are Burfict and Lamur. Sure they could bring back Howard and Lawson to cheap deals, but Maualuga is likely gone just because he is just useless in pass defending. Also, the Bengals don't start players outside of the first round unless it is an emergency situation (ala Burfict when Howard went down). Why wouldn't we grab a stud linebacker first round to plug next to Burfict? It was easily our weakest position for the majority of the season and was our Achilles heel in the playoffs. Where do you see them going? Safety? Maybe RT if Andre Smith walks?
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because the bengals will try to bring back every one. rey was playing great in the middle and towards the end of the season, they migh take a LB, just not in the 1st, maybe in the second. LB isnt the biggest need. S is the biggest need because every player that has at least 10 yrs experience is in the secondary. Lewis will want to beef up the DL so he will probably take a DE. I really hope they take Eifert who will help solve their 3rd down problems (the main reason they lost every game they did).
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
because the bengals will try to bring back every one. rey was playing great in the middle and towards the end of the season, they migh take a LB, just not in the 1st, maybe in the second. LB isnt the biggest need. S is the biggest need because every player that has at least 10 yrs experience is in the secondary. Lewis will want to beef up the DL so he will probably take a DE. I really hope they take Eifert who will help solve their 3rd down problems (the main reason they lost every game they did).

At no point during the season was Rey playing great. Don't kid yourself. No one our our defense played worse than he did. There is no concrete "biggest need" at this point. We could use a little help everywhere. As for safety, there really isnt a prospect worthy of that spot. Matt Elam doesn't do it for me. Althought i wouldnt be mad at Kenny Vaccaro. Beef up the D-Line? Even if we don't resign Pat Sims we still have enough "beef" all along the D-Line. We drafted 2 DT's high last year to sit behind Peko and Atkins. There is no need. Were also not drafting a TE anywhere near the first round with Gresham and Charles.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you even watch a game this year? rey was playing fine after lewis called out him and andy. I'm not sold on elam either but id be fine with vaccro or reid. I would only take a DE if MJ leaves but lewis loves his DE and i could see him taking one early. The bengals bes reciever on 3rd down is aj green. Your 3rd don reciever should be a TE or a slot guy. not a deep threat. Gresham and Charles are not consistent 3rd down securety blankets for andy and eifert would help and out a lot. Dont get me wrong, gresham and charles are great players, but eifert would help out the offense a lot more than what those two can do. He's the best thing for the bengals offense in the 2013 nfl draft. How can you pass on that??
carrolljcmc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No on Sam Montgomery. We need secondary help more than we need d line help.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
did you even watch a game this year? rey was playing fine after lewis called out him and andy. I'm not sold on elam either but id be fine with vaccro or reid. I would only take a DE if MJ leaves but lewis loves his DE and i could see him taking one early. The bengals bes reciever on 3rd down is aj green. Your 3rd don reciever should be a TE or a slot guy. not a deep threat. Gresham and Charles are not consistent 3rd down securety blankets for andy and eifert would help and out a lot. Dont get me wrong, gresham and charles are great players, but eifert would help out the offense a lot more than what those two can do. He's the best thing for the bengals offense in the 2013 nfl draft. How can you pass on that??

I haven't missed a minute of Bengal football in 8 years. So yeah, i watch. No one runs a 3 TE system in this league. The pick would be absolutely pointless. And who says the 3rd down rate has anything to do with the passing game? Having mediocre RB's and 1st and 2nd down execution is more to blame then the receiving corps. 3rd and 8 every other series doesnt cut it. Eifert makes no sense, im sorry.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carrolljcmc wrote:
No on Sam Montgomery. We need secondary help more than we need d line help.

He was far and away the best player available. I see him going in the 25-15 range.
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gresham is not the greatest blocker, eifert is a great blocker. and a 3 TE set would be devistating to defenses considering all 3 of them could line up outside as well as inside. Eifert could help block for the RB that the bengals should take in the 2nd or 3rd round. making better 3rd down senarios. Just imagine 3 huge targets on 3rd and 4 or 2 of the 3 if one is tired (where gruden will 9 out of 10 times pass the ball) with AJ green, jones, and hawkins or sanu. andy would have almost no excuse to not exicute. and btw, in 07 and 09 the bengals had over 40% conversion rate on 3rd down. the last 2 years they havent even gotten to 37%
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather Ansah, but its not a bad pick

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the pick with Banks, want to see how he performs during senior bowl week. For now I like Rhodes a bit more, so a trade down and getting him would be great, but that's getting greedy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mind Jordan for jets there
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:

Sure they can. And why wouldnt they? The only linebackers they have under contract are Burfict and Lamur. Sure they could bring back Howard and Lawson to cheap deals, but Maualuga is likely gone just because he is just useless in pass defending. Also, the Bengals don't start players outside of the first round unless it is an emergency situation (ala Burfict when Howard went down). Why wouldn't we grab a stud linebacker first round to plug next to Burfict? It was easily our weakest position for the majority of the season and was our Achilles heel in the playoffs. Where do you see them going? Safety? Maybe RT if Andre Smith walks?

Thank you.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: