Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Julio Jones 2 playoff game output vs Michael Jenkins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swift924

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
adam9 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Wrs rely on so many other players, you cat possibly think this is a good comparison. Right?

He compared Matt Ryan to Matthew Hasselbeck in NFLG. I said he would get punched for saying that to a true ATL fan.

Honestly think he's a troll.

Umm, Matthew Hasselbeck is a 3X Pro Bowler and has made it to the Super Bowl so what is wrong with that comparison?

Our Matt has been to two and is a few years off of 30. He is continuously improving as well.

I did say a " IMPROVED " Matt Hassleback
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
adam9 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Wrs rely on so many other players, you cat possibly think this is a good comparison. Right?

He compared Matt Ryan to Matthew Hasselbeck in NFLG. I said he would get punched for saying that to a true ATL fan.

Umm, Matthew Hasselbeck is a 3X Pro Bowler and has made it to the Super Bowl so what is wrong with that comparison?

Our Matt has been to two and is a few years off of 30. He is continuously improving as well.

I did say a " IMPROVED " Matt Hassleback

Very specific.

I could say Cam Newton is an improved JaMarcus Russell. That's true, but to what extent..? In reality he is a huge upgrade of JR just like Ryan would be over Hasselbeck, but the way you say it he could be a little better, or could be a lot better.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

You gotta pay the Troll Toll, to get into the Super Bowl, you gotta pay the troll toll, to get in Dancing

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:

That's fine, but you made it seem like Matt Ryan is LIGHTS years better than him. Hasslebeck also has five playoff wins so he deserves his due. That wasn't THAT bad of a comparison, or at least not as bad as you made it out to be.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
adam9 wrote:

That's fine, but you made it seem like Matt Ryan is LIGHTS years better than him. Hasslebeck also has five playoff wins so he deserves his due. That wasn't THAT bad of a comparison, or at least not as bad as you made it out to be.

I do believe it's that bad.

Think however you please though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree to disagree, but I do believe Ryan is a DAMN good QB. Who would you rather compare him too?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Agree to disagree, but I do believe Ryan is a DAMN good QB. Who would you rather compare him too?

I remember coming out if college he was being compared to Chad Pennington. I liked that comparison. Obviously Pennington didn't last in the league due to repeated injuries, but a completely healthy Pennington sounds right. Was in the MVP running once or twice in his few healthy seasons, but was never really elite I would say. Very good though.

I'm still hoping Matt turns the corner to elite though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I remember coming out if college he was being compared to Chad Pennington. I liked that comparison. Obviously Pennington didn't last in the league due to repeated injuries, but a completely healthy Pennington sounds right. Was in the MVP running once or twice in his few healthy seasons, but was never really elite I would say. Very good though.

Come one man, Hasselbeck was just as good as Pennington, if not better.

I think a fair comparison would be Trent Green in his prime.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
adam9 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Healthy Pennington>Matt Hasselbeck

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
adam9 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Healthy Pennington>Matt Hasselbeck

It can go either way. It is definitely arguable. Pennington was 2nd in MVP votes in 2008, but didn't even make 2nd team All Pro. He was a good QB no doubt, but so was Hasselbeck.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are going to compare him to Pennington, but take offense for someone saying he is an improved version of Hasselbeck? How does that make sense? Both were similar to an extent, but I could argue Hasselbeck easily had the better career and he definitely had more playoff success. No need to get too upset with the comparison Swift924 made.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think Matt is better than both were. And I don't why we are even discussing Julio vs Mike J. Julio is clearly better. You just can't expect him to catch 10 passes for 100+ yards every playoff game.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
So you are going to compare him to Pennington, but take offense for someone saying he is an improved version of Hasselbeck? How does that make sense? Both were similar to an extent, but I could argue Hasselbeck easily had the better career and he definitely had more playoff success. No need to get too upset with the comparison Swift924 made.

He had the better career because Pennigton had 2-3 good and healthy seasons. One in which he did finish second in MVP voting.

I said a healthy Pennington. Healthy Pennington was a top 5-7 QB and had a huge impact on the success/failure if his team. Also both play very similarly and that's how I based the comparison.

Matt Hasselbeck is Matt Schaub to me.

Too many Matt's Eh?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Julio Jones 2 playoff game output vs Michael Jenkins Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
Michael Jenkins
2008 playoff stats @ Arizona 5 catches 51 yards
2010 playoff stats vs Green Bay 6 catches 67 yards

Julio Jones
2011 playoff stats vs NYG 7 catches 64 yards
2012 playoff stats vs Sea 6 catches 59 yards

Falcons gave up 5 draft picks for Julio to dominate in these post season games and add some explosiveness. Time for Julio to have a Torrey Smith performance 2 TDS vs Champ Bailey . It's time for Julio to have his breakout game on biggest stage ..

Randy Moss did it in his 2nd year of playoffs..188 yards 2 TDS

Swiftkick is that you O.o After all these years coming to footballsfuture from the Falcons board Very Happy Ah the times we will have here if it is Swifty's an old friend Wink He will get some peoples panties in a bunch with the quickness.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this enough answer for you swifty. 6 cathes 120 yards. 2 TDs today.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: