Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manti Te'o in any round?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want to see Manti Te'o in a Giants uniform?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Sure, but not a 1st rounder.
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would want Te'o IF he is at #19, which he likely won't be. One bad game won't ruin 50 great ones. Some of the same things were said about Luke Kuechly last year, he never even played a team like Bama. He turned out pretty good.

I'll give my two cents on the subject of the hoax. Having been a long-time reader (I read Kotaku) of other Gawker Media sites (like Deadspin is), I can't believe any crap that comes from them. They may have uncovered that it was a hoax (which no one denies), but I wouldn't put trust in their stuff. It has been at least a couple years since Gawker let go most of their talent that didn't provide cheap internet hits and sensationalist news. It has since become a joke in the gaming industry when it used to be the leader. I would wait for more time and journalists with integrity to research the issue.

A college FB player at a Major Program like ND doesn't have the time to spend lots of quaility time with a person, especially someone at another university several states away. The school requirements, football practices, and official and non-official workouts leads little time for much of a long-time releationship. The ESPN article lends credence to the fact that this was infact a hoax with the Reagen Mauia quotes. Also, its not a surprise her "death" came during his senior year and after his grandmother's death. That leads just as much evidence to that fact that he was hoaxed, not a hoaxer. He very possily was too trusting, not thinking that someone like that to him. I mean he is 22. Were you real world ready at 22?

While I can never say for sure he wasn't in on a hoax, his postion as a major college foorball player means his situation lends itself more to being hoaxed.

And as much as Te'o's heisman campaign was aided by the media, so was Johnny Football's, Geno Smith's, Collin Klein's, and any other past and future player.

Ok, that was more like a quarter, but that's my point for now. Everyone should have their own opinion, but lets let the facts get more sorted first.

Now proceed to praise/critique every Giants decision and make fun of divisional rivals. That's what we are here for. Enjoy Very Happy
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want Teo at all. Not even in the 7th. His big selling point was his fiery leadership. He'll be the laughing stock of a locker room. Players won't respect him. I don't think its possible.
IbleedBLUE24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would cry if this were to be the reason he dropped in the draft. If he is there at #19 he needs to be the choice.

To catapult off of FracDaddy's comment is anybody, regardless of age, really ready for the real world? As for those thinking he could never lead a locker room, or that he will be a joke because of this (not singling out anybody because there are plenty of people out there that think this) I think you are taking things way too serious right now. You could go into any locker room right now and there will be plenty of members of the team, from superstar to practice squader, who has been duped before whether it be a financial decision, falling for a girl, false paternity suits, whatever you can imagine. Players, especially ones in the spotlight, are targets. Plain and simple there are people out there with nothing better to do than lie and create drama. It's drama like this that makes FB billions.

If he goes on to bomb at the combine then he very well could drop far down the draft, ala Brandon Spikes. If he was part of the Hoax then shame on him, but besides this one incident what other examples can you find of Te'O being deceptive or immature is more like the word I would use. I have my fingers crossed that this will make him slide to 19, but I do not see that happening. I am for pulling a trade off with Gettleman if Te'O makes it to the Carolina pick at 14. Yes he had a bad game versus Bama, but so did ND. The entire team was outmatched, outcoached, outplayed that night. Plain and simple if he is there, right now, he is my choice.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fracdaddy14 wrote:
Some of the same things were said about Luke Kuechly last year, he never even played a team like Bama. He turned out pretty good.

Kuechly was twice the prospect Te'o is. Minter is probably going to end up being the best LB from this draft.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
dkebones

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
fracdaddy14 wrote:
Some of the same things were said about Luke Kuechly last year, he never even played a team like Bama. He turned out pretty good.

Kuechly was twice the prospect Te'o is. Minter is probably going to end up being the best LB from this draft.

simply not true. Kuechly probably had better football intelligence, but Te'o beats him out in speed and athleticism. Te'o is also more verstaile than Kuechly was coming out of college because he covered as well as blitzed. Kuechly was never really asked to rush. Both are/were great run stoppers.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Won't get past Buffalo at #8.

FIFY.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:

FIFY.

Agree to disagree; I can see him falling big time. I'd honestly be surprised if he was taken by the time we're on the clock.. just watch
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:

FIFY.

Agree to disagree; I can see him falling big time. I'd honestly be surprised if he was taken by the time we're on the clock.. just watch

Why would he fall?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:

FIFY.

Why would he fall?

Ogletree is catching up on him, especially after we see his athleticism at the combine and I think some may see Minter as better than him aswell. If they are not better than him, they are around the same level without the problems. Also if you are looking at stats, Ogletree is better and Minter is slightly below Te'o. So I could see Manti dropping after all this news, and Ogletree going in front. I think it will be Ogletree-Te'o-Minter in order of who gets picked.
bzane

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
He did not break any laws! Even if he was involved for publicity, there were no laws broken. This just shows that high rewards (heisman, pro bowl, all pro, etc.) can be controlled by the news and publicity. Don't hate bc reporters are trying to make a story.

He wont be at pick 19 unless he comes out and says he did this for money reasons.

You have to wonder if he's eventually going to come out about something else.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take back my answer ...

I would take teo past the 1st ... him at 2nd is just to big of a "steal"

even if he doesn't work out its not like we really wasted something

Not a Knicks fan
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tehzl wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:

FIFY.

Why would he fall?

Ogletree is catching up on him, especially after we see his athleticism at the combine and I think some may see Minter as better than him aswell. If they are not better than him, they are around the same level without the problems. Also if you are looking at stats, Ogletree is better and Minter is slightly below Te'o. So I could see Manti dropping after all this news, and Ogletree going in front. I think it will be Ogletree-Te'o-Minter in order of who gets picked.

Again, what news? Him falling for a prank? That will have zero impact on his draft stock. Zero.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Tehzl wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:

FIFY.

Why would he fall?

Again, what news? Him falling for a prank? That will have zero impact on his draft stock. Zero.

Yea ... Unless there is another level of something that is so incredibly awful this wont affect him at all.

After his combine people will still look at him as a top 10 pick

Not a Knicks fan
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

think he slips to the second round.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
bagh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dont get why this story is getting so much press. It just seems too silly to even discuss.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: