Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars Name Gus Bradley Head Coach
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 2862
Location: NC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Jaguars Name Gus Bradley Head Coach Reply with quote

Quote:
@JayGlazer

The #GusBus is stopping in Jacksonville. Jags have decided to hire Gus Bradley as their new head coach. Working out a contract now


https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/291887730693115904

Quote:
@AdamSchefter

Filed to ESPN: Former Seahawks DC Gus Bradley has accepted the head coaching job with the Jacksonville Jaguars.


https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/291887654407131136
_________________
Adopt A Titan

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14


Last edited by TitanSlim on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 734
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're lucky I turned off my computer before turning on NFL Network or I would have broke this Brick wall Laughing

seems like a good hire, Seahawks fans say he's very vanilla with his play calling though and it was mainly that the talent on D got better and that's why they improved.

I wonder who he might bring in as coordinators, any ideas?


Last edited by TheRealMcCoy on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46359
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really surprised they didn't wait to interview Roman.

I think it's a fantastic hiring though. Obviously I'm biased, but there's some really exciting things happening in Duval for once.
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 2862
Location: NC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
you're lucky I turned off my computer before turning on NFL Network or I would have broke this Brick wall Laughing

seems like a good hire, Seahawks fans say he's very vanilla with his play calling though and it was mainly that the talent on D got better and that's why they improved.

I wonder who he might bring in as coordinators, any ideas?


Laughing I just so happened to be on twitter when the news broke.


I'm a little suprise the Jags didn't interview Greg Roman but I think they wanted to go on and hire a HC instead of waiting until potentially after the Super Bowl to interview Roman.
_________________
Adopt A Titan

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46359
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
I'm a little suprise the Jags didn't interview Greg Roman but I think they wanted to go on and hire a HC instead of waiting until potentially after the Super Bowl to interview Roman.
They would have been able to interview him next week, regardless of if they make the Super Bowl or not.
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10269
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume they are going to switch to a 3-4 ... Poz wasnt too good in the 3-4 for Buffalo.

I like the hire for Jacksonville. He just needs to hire a good OC and QB Coach.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 2862
Location: NC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
I'm a little suprise the Jags didn't interview Greg Roman but I think they wanted to go on and hire a HC instead of waiting until potentially after the Super Bowl to interview Roman.
They would have been able to interview him next week, regardless of if they make the Super Bowl or not.


That makes it even more interesting that they didn't decide to wait to atleast interview Roman, especially given his connection to Caldwell. I guess they liked what they heard from Bradley, enough to not even wait to interview Roman.
_________________
Adopt A Titan

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 26363
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to be an awkward college reunion for Roman and Caldwell.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 9763
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
I assume they are going to switch to a 3-4 ... Poz wasnt too good in the 3-4 for Buffalo.

I like the hire for Jacksonville. He just needs to hire a good OC and QB Coach.


Why would they switch to a 3-4...? Bradley ran a 4-3 in Seattle...
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46359
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
I assume they are going to switch to a 3-4 ... Poz wasnt too good in the 3-4 for Buffalo.

I like the hire for Jacksonville. He just needs to hire a good OC and QB Coach.


Why would they switch to a 3-4...? Bradley ran a 4-3 in Seattle...
I think they ran both, switching between the two depending on what they wanted to do. Seattle fans can probably better explain that.

Poz will be fine in that type of scheme.
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 36381
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. And now we see if Seattle becomes at better défense without Bradley.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21999
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only candidate I knew nothing about.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10269
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
I assume they are going to switch to a 3-4 ... Poz wasnt too good in the 3-4 for Buffalo.

I like the hire for Jacksonville. He just needs to hire a good OC and QB Coach.


Why would they switch to a 3-4...? Bradley ran a 4-3 in Seattle...
I think they ran both, switching between the two depending on what they wanted to do. Seattle fans can probably better explain that.

Poz will be fine in that type of scheme.
Whoops my bad. I thought Seattle ran mostly a 3-4 ...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dools=hawks


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2767
Location: What's next?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
I assume they are going to switch to a 3-4 ... Poz wasnt too good in the 3-4 for Buffalo.

I like the hire for Jacksonville. He just needs to hire a good OC and QB Coach.


Why would they switch to a 3-4...? Bradley ran a 4-3 in Seattle...
I think they ran both, switching between the two depending on what they wanted to do. Seattle fans can probably better explain that.

Poz will be fine in that type of scheme.
Whoops my bad. I thought Seattle ran mostly a 3-4 ...


defiantly a 4-3, basically 2 DTs a HUGE DE in Red Bryant that basically is a DT then a fast pass rusher aka Chris Clemons and Bruce Irvin at the other spot or take out Red Bryant on passing downs. We only have one MLB in Bobby Wagner. so yupp a 4-3.

Hope he does well but i think this is the hawks a better chance to grow honestly
_________________
Go Hawks!

WINTER IS COMING
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billsoilers


Joined: 02 Oct 2011
Posts: 237
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
I assume they are going to switch to a 3-4 ... Poz wasnt too good in the 3-4 for Buffalo.

I like the hire for Jacksonville. He just needs to hire a good OC and QB Coach.


Jags go for 3-4 and we bring back Poz Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group