Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars Name Gus Bradley Head Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter
Jacksonville requested permission from New Orleans to interview Pete Carmichael Jr for its OC job. New Orleans still wants to re-sign him.

Carmichael is the OC, right? Would make sense if he wants to get out of Paytons shadow. But losing both Carmichael and Kromer must hurt.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
I assume they are going to switch to a 3-4 ... Poz wasnt too good in the 3-4 for Buffalo.

I like the hire for Jacksonville. He just needs to hire a good OC and QB Coach.

Why would they switch to a 3-4...? Bradley ran a 4-3 in Seattle...
I think they ran both, switching between the two depending on what they wanted to do. Seattle fans can probably better explain that.

Poz will be fine in that type of scheme.

Should actually be noted. The 4-3 Under is much more a signature of Pete Carroll (who lest people forget is a defensive coach and a former DC at the pro level). Bradley comes from more of a pure 4-3 background (Quality Control for Monte Kiffin and later LB coach). It's possible he utilizes a good amount of 4-3 Under looks in Jacksonville, but the guy doesn't exactly have a 3-4 background in the slightest.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter
Jacksonville requested permission from New Orleans to interview Pete Carmichael Jr for its OC job. New Orleans still wants to re-sign him.

Why would they need permission? Like Aaron Kromer, Carmichael is out of contract. He's been free to interview with whoever he wants until such a time as he's under contract somewhere again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter

Why would they need permission? Like Aaron Kromer, Carmichael is out of contract. He's been free to interview with whoever he wants until such a time as he's under contract somewhere again.

We're just really really nice.

Or really really mean.

Depends on how you look at it.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
JDJaguar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter

I read somewhere that he is technically still a member of the Saints organization until after the Superbowl. Did the Bears ask permission to interview Kromer?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDJaguar wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter

I read somewhere that he is technically still a member of the Saints organization until after the Superbowl. Did the Bears ask permission to interview Kromer?
Trestman was hired at 2 am, 8 am Aaron Kromer agreed to be the OC, so it certainly doesn't sound like it. And FA works different for coaches than it does for players.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thought. With Lovie likely to sit out this year (as he's been reported to favor taking a year off over taking a DC gig somewhere), I'd say there a decent chance that we see the former Bears' defensive staff potentially divided among the Cowboys and Jags staff next season (unless Jauron is retained in Chi-town, or hired somewhere else).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a good hire to me. Especially if they are able to get Carmichael to come as the OC.
JMG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Interesting thought. With Lovie likely to sit out this year (as he's been reported to favor taking a year off over taking a DC gig somewhere), I'd say there a decent chance that we see the former Bears' defensive staff potentially divided among the Cowboys and Jags staff next season (unless Jauron is retained in Chi-town, or hired somewhere else).

Why do you believe their staff will go to those teams? Because they're two defenses that are going to be run by 'Tampa 2' coaches?
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle rejoices.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news for JAX: Your prevent defense is going to be THE WORST in the league.

Good news for JAX: It's hard to run a prevent defense when your team never has the lead in the 4th Laughing
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
iPwn wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
I assume they are going to switch to a 3-4 ... Poz wasnt too good in the 3-4 for Buffalo.

I think they ran both, switching between the two depending on what they wanted to do. Seattle fans can probably better explain that.

Should actually be noted. The 4-3 Under is much more a signature of Pete Carroll (who lest people forget is a defensive coach and a former DC at the pro level). Bradley comes from more of a pure 4-3 background (Quality Control for Monte Kiffin and later LB coach). It's possible he utilizes a good amount of 4-3 Under looks in Jacksonville, but the guy doesn't exactly have a 3-4 background in the slightest.
Three years working with the Under with Carroll seem seems to be a enough time to add that wrinkle to his arsenal. That, of course, if he took the time to learn it. Who knows. I hope he did though. I really like those hybrid looks.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Seahawks ran a variation of the 4-3 Under.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Bradley's roots are in the tampa-2 scheme, but he has been running Pete Caroll's 4-3 under scheme for the last 3 years. My guess would be he incorporates aspects of both in his defense, but it will be a 4-3 scheme.

This guy gets it.

I really respect and enjoy his cover schemes. It's fun to watch how he uses his secondary...although some was Pete Carroll. However, he gets far too vanilla on 3rd down and I think he needs to do a better job of sending exotic blitzes when his team is struggling to get pressure.

Once Jason Jones went down, Seattle's pass rush took a hit. When Clemons also went down, they took a major hit. I didn't think Bradley did enough to compensate.

Solid hire for the Jags but I prefer Ray Horton as a defensive mind.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
The LBC wrote:

Why do you believe their staff will go to those teams? Because they're two defenses that are going to be run by 'Tampa 2' coaches?

Because coaches are generally creatures of habit and stick to already established relationships. Take for example why Andy Reid was hesitant about taking a year off even though most felt it might well be in his best interest considering his recent family history. He didn't want to leave assistant who had been faithful to him for years without jobs and on the unemployment line because he decided he needed to step away.

It's not just the Tampa-2 scheme that ties these coaches together, it's that via Lovie they're branched out from the Dungy/Kiffin tree. Coincidentally Kiffin is now coordinating again in Dallas and one of his coaches he worked closely with (QC guys are the ones in there doing a lot of the grunt work in the tape room and what not for DC's) is now the HC in Jacksonville. If Marinelli follows Kiffin to Dallas as is rumored then who on the Chicago defensive staff is there for the other assistants to have any real loyalty to unless Cleveland doesn't retain Jauron and Trestman brings him back to the Bears. Gill Byrd, Jon Hoke, and Mike Phair are supposed to have some great loyalty to Bob Babich? Lovie's "right hand" who essentially took a demotion? Or Babich is supposed to have much loyalty to Trestman if, for example, he isn't made DC again?

Certainly there are other options as to where these individuals could go, but the most logical progression is that they follow coaches they have previously worked with who are in a position to offer them jobs now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: