Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cap Space , also Jonathon Goff
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Cap Space , also Jonathon Goff Reply with quote

I read we are 4 mill OVER--Guess that isn't awful considering the $18 mill penalty. I hope when we come outta Cap Hell--we target every decent Giant free agent player, if nothing more than drive up their cost Twisted Evil

Jonathon Goff.. Remember we signed him from the Giants in Free Agency .. Decent L B coming off ACL repair,,and he tore again in 2011 pre-season. I guess we then released him. I read he's still rehabbing at the same facility with RGIII. I know there is some L B out there playing after 3 ACL repairs. Just wondering if he might come back for another shot--with us ?
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only LB position of somewhat need is the ILB for Fletcher. I really like Kevin Reddick for this position.

We can find a player in the draft instead of signing an oft injured LB still rehabbing.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mike23. I wouldn't sign Goff back, we should find another player to develop in the mid rounds of the draft.

Another guy I'd really like to sign if he isn't too expensive is Larry Grant from the 49ers. He's going to be a Unrestricted Free agent and with his vast experience playing behind Willis and Bowman for a few years he should be able to take over for Fletch when he retires.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just move Rob Jackson to the middle. He has the size, speed and instincts to play there and I'm almost positive this will be Fletchers last season.
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Just move Rob Jackson to the middle. He has the size, speed and instincts to play there and I'm almost positive this will be Fletchers last season.

I dont think that Jackson has the speed to play side to side like Fletcher and Riley. Jackson is a bit slow and his acceleration is not that quick.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
redskins4789

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Jackson in round 4 would be geat. He would bring size and elite run stopping ability to this defense.
RIP #21 Sean Taylor

Deadpulse on the sig
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Cap Space , also Jonathon Goff Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
I read we are 4 mill OVER--Guess that isn't awful considering the $18 mill penalty.

So that number definitely includes the cap penalty?

mike23md on the sig!
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskins4789 wrote:
Andrew Jackson in round 4 would be geat. He would bring size and elite run stopping ability to this defense.

Can you send a link on Andrew Jackson? I dont have him on my big boards and a few other sited dont either. Plus the only Andrew Jackson I get is an OG.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Cap Space , also Jonathon Goff Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
I read we are 4 mill OVER--Guess that isn't awful considering the $18 mill penalty.

So that number definitely includes the cap penalty?

uuuhhhhh,,,,I kinda made that leap -- but not 100% sure.. Think

Got it here ,,and shows Cowgirls under water by $18mill something YES!
http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-team-cap-space-6/
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
redskins4789 wrote:

Can you send a link on Andrew Jackson? I dont have him on my big boards and a few other sited dont either. Plus the only Andrew Jackson I get is an OG.

Thanks, Jets Laughing

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/109225-andrew-jackson-ilb/

Check out the 4th and 1 video at the bottom
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Jackson is a good find. He is aggressive, hits the gaps well, pursues the QB, is quick to react, and is always around the ball, I am concerned about the level of competition, but hey, Fletcher was from John Carrol.

I like him though. Might actually change my pick due to his play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMK4a-NcbJ4

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If ILB/MLB Monte' Teo is sitting on the board @#51 (i think that's our 2nd rd pick)

I'm scooping him up. Sorry..just am.

We eventually need Fletcher's replacement and not having a 1st rd pick from the RG3 trade, but having a top 5-top 10 player drops in your lap @#51. You take him even knowing the risks.

I don't care if we are desperate for a Corner or Safety or whatever there.
You take the best available player, with no 1st rounder.

Specially a player of his caliber, imo.

I'm sure we can land a really good Corner or Safety with our 3rd rd pick.
Or sign free agents depending on our cap situation or readjusting cap figures on current players.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
If ILB/MLB Monte' Teo is sitting on the board @#51 (i think that's our 2nd rd pick)

We eventually need Fletcher's replacement and not having a 1st rd pick from the RG3 trade, but having a top 5-top 10 player drops in your lap @#51. You take him even knowing the risks.

Or sign free agents depending on our cap situation or readjusting cap figures on current players.

If I had my choice between Te'o or Philip Thomas? Its Thomas. I absolutely love this kid.

Te'o is going to have to overcome a lot of obstacles. He looked really bad against Alabama, almost unprepared, but against other teams, he was aggressive, and played well especially against Oklahoma and Stanford. But Alabama really exposed Te'o and his weaknesses and he really looked confused out there.

Lacy dared Te'o to tackle him and he looked like a deer in the headlights.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
a2piece89

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:

just because he made a couple ints at the end position doesnt mean you can move him to middle linebacker,one of if not the most influential part of the defense. He would get exposed like Lorenzo, would struggle covering tight ends and slot receivers would have a field day....and i like Rob tbh but they can't just keep asking players to play out of position. patchwork

mike23md wrote:
aceinthehouse wrote:

If I had my choice between Te'o or Philip Thomas? Its Thomas. I absolutely love this kid.

Te'o is going to have to overcome a lot of obstacles. He looked really bad against Alabama, almost unprepared, but against other teams, he was aggressive, and played well especially against Oklahoma and Stanford. But Alabama really exposed Te'o and his weaknesses and he really looked confused out there.

QFT, and philip thomas is a beast. would trade every draft pick for him,Elam, and oline if it were possible

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a2piece89 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

just because he made a couple ints at the end position doesnt mean you can move him to middle linebacker,one of if not the most influential part of the defense. He would get exposed like Lorenzo, would struggle covering tight ends and slot receivers would have a field day....and i like Rob tbh but they can't just keep asking players to play out of position. patchwork

mike23md wrote:
aceinthehouse wrote:

QFT, and philip thomas is a beast. would trade every draft pick for him,Elam, and oline if it were possible

What I'm suggesting is sort of a trial for Rob Jackson, if it doesn't work he still has major value as an OLB. Not to mention Perry Riley will be taking over Fletchers role as the leader of the defense which would make Jackson more of a freelancer in the middle. Don't forget we still have Keenan Robinson who played pretty well when given the chance so that option is still available.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: