Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers hire former Cardinals HC Ken Whisenhunt as OC
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
I'm a little suspect of bringing in the Wiz since Arizona's line wsa the only one I can say was definitively worse than ours last year - and I can't help but feel like Wiz may mean Russ Grimm (exactly how much blame can be put on Rod Graves?


1 - Whis and Grimm ain't going to work together again. Whis made promises to Russ that were not kept. Russ wanted out a long time ago.

2 - How much blame to put on Rod. A LOT of it, a LOT of it. 1 top 100 pick on OL in 6 years. Going two entire drafts without a single pick on the OL? A lot of that is Rod.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47578
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
The LBC wrote:
I'm a little suspect of bringing in the Wiz since Arizona's line wsa the only one I can say was definitively worse than ours last year - and I can't help but feel like Wiz may mean Russ Grimm (exactly how much blame can be put on Rod Graves?


1 - Whis and Grimm ain't going to work together again. Whis made promises to Russ that were not kept. Russ wanted out a long time ago.

2 - How much blame to put on Rod. A LOT of it, a LOT of it. 1 top 100 pick on OL in 6 years. Going two entire drafts without a single pick on the OL? A lot of that is Rod.


Just out of curiosity, what were the promises?
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
khodder wrote:
The LBC wrote:
I'm a little suspect of bringing in the Wiz since Arizona's line wsa the only one I can say was definitively worse than ours last year - and I can't help but feel like Wiz may mean Russ Grimm (exactly how much blame can be put on Rod Graves?


1 - Whis and Grimm ain't going to work together again. Whis made promises to Russ that were not kept. Russ wanted out a long time ago.

2 - How much blame to put on Rod. A LOT of it, a LOT of it. 1 top 100 pick on OL in 6 years. Going two entire drafts without a single pick on the OL? A lot of that is Rod.


Just out of curiosity, what were the promises?


From what I have heard, as the assistant Head Coach he was promised a larger say in all personnel matters (Did not eventuate, was not consulted on the signings of either of Snyder or Colledge) as the "Run Game Coordinator" and OL Coach he was promised more impact on the X's and O's of the running game and more input in gameplanning. Again neither happened.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Oregon Ducks


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 16303
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOOM! Hell yeah, liking the staff so far.
_________________

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 249 rush yds(8.3), 388 rec yds(11.4), 4 TDs
Tyner: 279 rush yds(4.2), 65 rec yds(7.2), 2 TDs
Freeman: 636 rush yds(5.6), 37 rec yds(7.4), 11 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14568
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
The LBC wrote:
This comes out of left field. I was fully expecting Jeff Davidson from Minnesota.


I hope he wasn't who you were hoping for. He's dreadful.


Say whaaa? He helped establish an offense line that blocked for a 2000 yard rusher. and Yes, Adrian Peterson didn't do it all on his own.

Nice try though.
_________________

down but not out. I still believe!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 8645
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good hire for San Diego. Thought Whisenhunt might have got a head coaching position in the NFL.
_________________
Me lose brain? Uh, oh! Ha ha ha! Why I laugh?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
shawn


Joined: 02 Nov 2005
Posts: 5976
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

short term hire. He will be a HC again next year. But a good hire none the less.
_________________

sig made by mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CJ4life


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 5711
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid pick-up for the Chargers. If Rivers sticks around, this should bring him back into relevancy.
_________________

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83771
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiz never got a chance in Arizona with who he had at QB
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duffman57


Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 8290
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to get some more peoples opinions of it, but whats the opionion of Joe D'Alessandris and Fred Graves as OL/WR coaches respectively, as their the new position coaches for McCoy and Wisenhunt.
_________________

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47578
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
I just wanted to get some more peoples opinions of it, but whats the opionion of Joe D'Alessandris and Fred Graves as OL/WR coaches respectively, as their the new position coaches for McCoy and Wisenhunt.


D'Alessandris is an amazing hire. What he's done with Buffalo's OL during his time there has been very impressive.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group