Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Te'o...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjab360

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never was a fan of him as a prospect, and now he kind of creeps me out as a person. No thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am more concerned that Alabama had no problem running right at this kid.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halradio wrote:
I am more concerned that Alabama had no problem running right at this kid.

No linebacker, short of Lavon Kirkland could have stopped the Alabama running game that night. Their offensive line was just throwing around Notre Dame's defensive lineman. I mean, what LB is going to shed a block from Jones or Warmack? Not many.

I'm not interested in Teo, unless this debacle has him slide to our 2nd round pick or later. In that event, I would definitely take the risk. I felt the same way about Votaze Burfict last year. Cincinnati has gotten extremely solid lay out of him.....

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm torn on Te'o. On one hand, he is an extremely active and instinctual LB'er that could easily play OLB for us. On the other hand, he certainly has something to work out in his head. I can't say I'd be pissed if we took him with our second 1st rounder, obviously depending upon who is still on the board.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
dtwizzy2k8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on talent alone, Teo is a mid-second round prospect at best. In the most important game of his life against the closest thing to an NFL offensive line, he failed miserably. That is a serious red flag and indicator of what you can expect from him in the NFL.
Taking the girlfriend hoax into consideration, I wouldn't want the Rams to even consider him until our third-round pick, and even then I'd be uneasy. Not only does the hoax throw dirt on his character and leadership (who will take him seriously as a leader at this point in the locker room?) but it also brings all sorts of unwanted media attention and distractions just like Tim Tebow, Terrell Owens, etc. Those guys are simply not guys you want or need on your team, it's just unnecessary.

Let someone else draft him...
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after seeing highlights of his explination interview, I actually feel bad for him. It only came out that he actually met her because he was embarrassed to admit he hadn't.

That said, what kind of scum bags have that much time on there hands to carry this on for multiple years? I fail to see any reasoning or motive behind it either, as if it was some kind of hobby that were doing, rather then messing with a young kids head.

This really won't hurt his draft stock in my eyes. The bowl game is something else though.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
j-stew32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Well, after seeing highlights of his explination interview, I actually feel bad for him. It only came out that he actually met her because he was embarrassed to admit he hadn't.

That said, what kind of scum bags have that much time on there hands to carry this on for multiple years? I fail to see any reasoning or motive behind it either, as if it was some kind of hobby that were doing, rather then messing with a young kids head.

This really won't hurt his draft stock in my eyes. The bowl game is something else though.

How can you feel bad for this guy? He lied his way to almost winning a heisman. As for the player he can't shed a block, he's slow, and his "coverage ability" that people rave about is a combination of bad quarterback play and sheer dumb Luck. Teo will flame out, I don't want him on the rams at all.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:

I definitely don't feel bad for him. IMO, granted I don't know how he feels, but I think he never truly loved the 'woman' and played up the relationship/death for the story/publicity. He said in interviews that she was the most beautiful woman he has ever met. Clearly this isn't true as he never met her.

I fail to see though how he could have been duped for this long. How can you be in a 'relationship' for so long without face to face contact, or any web-cam chatting? I still think something seems real fishy about it and I don't entirely believe Te'o.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
S-jax39

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

I definitely don't feel bad for him. IMO, granted I don't know how he feels, but I think he never truly loved the 'woman' and played up the relationship/death for the story/publicity. He said in interviews that she was the most beautiful woman he has ever met. Clearly this isn't true as he never met her.

I fail to see though how he could have been duped for this long. How can you be in a 'relationship' for so long without face to face contact, or any web-cam chatting? I still think something seems real fishy about it and I don't entirely believe Te'o.

Yeah...i mean a couple of years ago this might have been believable, but your trying to tell me they never face timed, skyped or oovooed? BS.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just saying, the story as he explains it, if 100% accurate, yeah, I feel bad for the kid. Lets say he never met her and was just sent the pics, he still talked on the phone with her every night for hours at a time. In his eyes, he actually did lose his girlfriend. Sorry, I feel a bit bad for him. Just the way i see it.

Unless he's in on it, then all bets are off.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I'm just saying, the story as he explains it, if 100% accurate, yeah, I feel bad for the kid. Lets say he never met her and was just sent the pics, he still talked on the phone with her every night for hours at a time. In his eyes, he actually did lose his girlfriend. Sorry, I feel a bit bad for him. Just the way i see it.

Unless he's in on it, then all bets are off.
How ever you want to believe how it all got started, whether he was really duped for 3 years, or he knew what was going on, He is in on it.

At the VERY LEAST, he knew for the past 6 weeks that she was not dead. And he helped perpetuate a lie about this massive story that just about all of the media and tons of fans all bought into hook line and sinker. A lie of omission is still a lie. He could have corrected all of this and it wouldnt be this big of a deal, but the fact that he let this happen for a month leading up to the National Title game, letting people do stories about it (and participating in those stories) is the problem.

If you believe the "anonymous ND player" (which I do, because they dont have any agenda) they though it was fishy for awhile, and it was quite obvious to them that he Loved all the attention and clearly milked it for all it was worth. That to me is the bad part.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: