Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sheldon Richardson vs Jonathan Hankins

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 2815
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Sheldon Richardson vs Jonathan Hankins Reply with quote

Writing up a mock and I have one of these players at #14 to Carolina. My question is which one?

Hankins looks to be a monster at clogging the run however, I see Richardson as the more complete DT.[/u]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james.mcmurry13


Moderator
Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 32367
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson would probably get the nod now, either would be a fine pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carolina_Champ


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 352
Location: Charlotte
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing how much losing Ron Edwards hurt our run D, I would rather have a guy like Hankins. I really like John Jenkins though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
OneBadCat


Joined: 24 Aug 2012
Posts: 726
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I want us to get a DT in the first I think if Hopkins or Allen is there we need to take them. It's time to get Steve Smith real help. No more projects, no more guys with potential, we need production now. LaFell is good, not great, Adams/Edwards are N/A, Gettis is nothing but a legend right now. Murphy's dropped most 3rd down catches this season.

Hopkins and Allen wouldn't have to be a #1 star right off the bat because of the players just mentioned. We have WR's with talent but they are all too raw and unrefined. But having #1 talent is going to take a lot of pressure off Steve Smith and if we can get him in the slot he will be uncoverable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21254
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time to take a DT that is going to produce. With all the LB talent we have, we need someone to stand up the point of attack to let our LBs make plays. Also, a guy that can take on multiple blockers to get CJ and Krakken 1 on 1 with OT is a good thing as well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toughguy77


Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 1967
Location: South Cackalack
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneBadCat wrote:
As much as I want us to get a DT in the first I think if Hopkins or Allen is there we need to take them. It's time to get Steve Smith real help. No more projects, no more guys with potential, we need production now. LaFell is good, not great, Adams/Edwards are N/A, Gettis is nothing but a legend right now. Murphy's dropped most 3rd down catches this season.

Hopkins and Allen wouldn't have to be a #1 star right off the bat because of the players just mentioned. We have WR's with talent but they are all too raw and unrefined. But having #1 talent is going to take a lot of pressure off Steve Smith and if we can get him in the slot he will be uncoverable.

Of corse Hopkins and Allen will be there. Those two aren't even the top two let alone top five wide outs in this draft class. That being said, the only wr I would take with where we sit in the first would be Corradelle Patterson if he dropped. Other than that DT all the way and possibly Hopkins/Elam in the second.
_________________

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ericr0319


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 1026
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
OneBadCat wrote:
As much as I want us to get a DT in the first I think if Hopkins or Allen is there we need to take them. It's time to get Steve Smith real help. No more projects, no more guys with potential, we need production now. LaFell is good, not great, Adams/Edwards are N/A, Gettis is nothing but a legend right now. Murphy's dropped most 3rd down catches this season.

Hopkins and Allen wouldn't have to be a #1 star right off the bat because of the players just mentioned. We have WR's with talent but they are all too raw and unrefined. But having #1 talent is going to take a lot of pressure off Steve Smith and if we can get him in the slot he will be uncoverable.

Of corse Hopkins and Allen will be there. Those two aren't even the top two let alone top five wide outs in this draft class. That being said, the only wr I would take with where we sit in the first would be Corradelle Patterson if he dropped. Other than that DT all the way and possibly Hopkins/Elam in the second.


i wish elam in the 2nd. this guy wont make it out of the 1st.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Toughguy77


Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 1967
Location: South Cackalack
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
OneBadCat wrote:
As much as I want us to get a DT in the first I think if Hopkins or Allen is there we need to take them. It's time to get Steve Smith real help. No more projects, no more guys with potential, we need production now. LaFell is good, not great, Adams/Edwards are N/A, Gettis is nothing but a legend right now. Murphy's dropped most 3rd down catches this season.

Hopkins and Allen wouldn't have to be a #1 star right off the bat because of the players just mentioned. We have WR's with talent but they are all too raw and unrefined. But having #1 talent is going to take a lot of pressure off Steve Smith and if we can get him in the slot he will be uncoverable.

Of corse Hopkins and Allen will be there. Those two aren't even the top two let alone top five wide outs in this draft class. That being said, the only wr I would take with where we sit in the first would be Corradelle Patterson if he dropped. Other than that DT all the way and possibly Hopkins/Elam in the second.


i wish elam in the 2nd. this guy wont make it out of the 1st.

This is true. Really wouldn't miind Reid or Swearinger.
_________________

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group