Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Idzik to the Jets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE DENISON

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: John Idzik to the Jets Reply with quote

John Idzik was our V/P of Football Administrations, this is a major loss, he was the money man. He managed salaries and cap space in addition to sitting in on player personal meetings, for six years. Hope we've got a "next man up" for him, if not this one could really hurt.
KayJayz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as we start to have some success we get ripped apart by a bunch of scavengers. This is terrible news.

~props to mike23md~
chpjns15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as his job wasnt evaluating talent, im OK with it. But when it comes to the offices, its hard to tell how much say each person has. I feel like this might hurt though.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt it's gonna hurt as bad as you guys are making it seem.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KayJayz wrote:
As soon as we start to have some success we get ripped apart by a bunch of scavengers. This is terrible news.

This is what happens when your team is good as long as we have John Schneider we will be fine.
silus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm concerned because this defense could be ripped apart in the next 1-2 seasons. Sherman and Thomas may want to be the highest paid at their position. Browner could command high #2 money. Chancellor will want probowl type money... And then of course you will have to be prepared to give Wilson a huge contract...

People talk about the future being bright for the Seahawks, but can this team even maintain its level of talent?

Last edited by silus on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
silus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delete
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
I'm concerned because this defense could be ripped apart in the next 1-2 seasons. Sherman and Thomas may want to be the highest paid at their position. Browner could command high #2 money. Chancellor will want probowl type money... And then of course you will have to be prepared to give Wilson a huge contract...

People talk about the future being bright for the Seahawks, but can this team even maintain its level of talent?

In the FA era, no one can retain all of their players. That is why it is so important to draft well and replace the talent through that.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:

I would pay Sherm and ET first. They make our defense go. I see Browner being cut unless he will sign for a favourable contract. Kam is more replaceable than ET, but I see him getting a solid contract.

Russell Wilson isn't on the priority list right now. I also see him being very cooperative throughout his contract negotiations.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
silus wrote:

In the FA era, no one can retain all of their players. That is why it is so important to draft well and replace the talent through that.

Not only building through the draft, but developing a system that allows the coaches to plug other players in and have them succeed in case guys leave or get injured.

Sheldon Cooper
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
silus wrote:

I would pay Sherm and ET first. They make our defense go. I see Browner being cut unless he will sign for a favourable contract. Kam is more replaceable than ET, but I see him getting a solid contract.

Russell Wilson isn't on the priority list right now. I also see him being very cooperative throughout his contract negotiations.

I agree although if Browner was younger and didn't have the PED accusation i would make him more of a priority over Thomas since its hard to find guys his size who can be CB's.
bobob123

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
silus wrote:

Not only building through the draft, but developing a system that allows the coaches to plug other players in and have them succeed in case guys leave or get injured.

We draft players that are a scheme fit and not always a fit for other teams, that's why we've been able to draft pro bowl caliber players late in the draft and other teams have passed on them.

Example: Bruce Irvin, everyone and their mothers called Pete & John crazy for drafting him 15th overall, but he was a scheme fit for this defense and he has worked out so far.

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: