Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4 Rounder w/ 1st Rd Trades - Some new picks/Suprises!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miles2626

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the input so far everyone. For a few responses:

Cards trade - I disagree and think they would definitely pull that trade. There's a big difference between an OT that is playing ok and a franchise-calibur OT.

Vikings QB draft - See the point there, but I like to put myself in place of each team's GM and I think Ponder is average at best. Just cause Webb looked awful in the playoffs doesn't mean Ponder is good.

Falcons draft CB - I hear you and didn't realize the 3 and 4 were playing well. I just hear Grimes may jet and Robinson/Samuel aren't ancient yet but certainly aren't spring chickens either.

Cowboys trade - Cooper is not Warmack. If you want to argue to stay put, then fine, but not with that reasoning. Jerry showed us last year that he doesn't care about quantity, he wants the best player at a position of need or he'd have just stayed put and taken Kirkpatrick.

Thanks to those who are making late-round suggestions. I can think of my own team needs all I want, but no one knows depth needs like fans of a team!

^props to Kiltman on the sig

Shady, Mac, 'n Jack...CAN YOU DIG IT??
BrownsDog23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 Rounder w/ 1st Rd Trades - Some new picks/Suprises! Reply with quote

6. Cleveland Browns - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State - More pass rush could make the Brownies a top-5 calibur defense.

With the Browns switching to a 3-4 Werner isn't reallty a fit.

68. Cleveland - Matt Barkley, QB, Southern Cal

Again another bad fit, Rob Chudzinski has stated his offense will involve a vertical passing game.

101. Cleveland - Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss
really like this pick
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miles2626 wrote:
Thanks for all the input so far everyone. For a few responses:

Cards trade - I disagree and think they would definitely pull that trade. There's a big difference between an OT that is playing ok and a franchise-calibur OT.

Vikings QB draft - See the point there, but I like to put myself in place of each team's GM and I think Ponder is average at best. Just cause Webb looked awful in the playoffs doesn't mean Ponder is good.

Falcons draft CB - I hear you and didn't realize the 3 and 4 were playing well. I just hear Grimes may jet and Robinson/Samuel aren't ancient yet but certainly aren't spring chickens either.

Cowboys trade - Cooper is not Warmack. If you want to argue to stay put, then fine, but not with that reasoning. Jerry showed us last year that he doesn't care about quantity, he wants the best player at a position of need or he'd have just stayed put and taken Kirkpatrick.

Thanks to those who are making late-round suggestions. I can think of my own team needs all I want, but no one knows depth needs like fans of a team!

I just don't see Atlanta going CB with actual needs like OG/C, TE, and RB not addressed.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Bailey134

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just saying who in there right mind would give a first and fourth for for the best gaurd over the second best. The cowboys gave a second to move up and get claiborne which is a way higher valued position.

Made by BigBadLion20

Favorite Teams
NFL- Dallas Cowboys
NCAA- Ohio State
NBA- Phoenix Suns
MLB- Yankees
miles2626

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 Rounder w/ 1st Rd Trades - Some new picks/Suprises! Reply with quote

BrownsDog23 wrote:
6. Cleveland Browns - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State - More pass rush could make the Brownies a top-5 calibur defense.

With the Browns switching to a 3-4 Werner isn't reallty a fit.

68. Cleveland - Matt Barkley, QB, Southern Cal

Again another bad fit, Rob Chudzinski has stated his offense will involve a vertical passing game.

101. Cleveland - Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss
really like this pick

Definitely bad timing. Made this mock the day before Cleveland hired Horton, posted it the day of. Boo. I just thought Barkley was too good a value to pass on here.

Tha King

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As already stated,awful Cowboys trade.Jerry Jones rarely uses first round picks on offensive lineman,and while I think he'll come around and start building the line in the coming years,in no way would he give up a future 1st round pick to move up for a Guard,especially when a player like Cooper(whom I believe isn't that far off from Warmack) would likely be available at there spot.
Nzd07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible draft for Minnesota.

QB and DE in rounds 2 and 3? Have you ever watched a Vikings game?
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Bad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:

Yes. I've watched Christian Ponder and his career 77.1 QB rating in one of the worst pass defense divisions in the NFL do some work despite having the greatest RB on earth behind him. Then I watched his backup look like he was throwing with the wrong arm during a playoff game. Vikes are all set at QB. DE while not the biggest need obviously does have both starters at 30+ next season. Might as well not get any depth there, esp with a value pick like Lemonier. Teams never draft depth guys for value over perceived needs.

Thanks for the constructive criticism though!

Nobody

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd absolutely love
1. Elam
3. Alvin Bailey
4. Leon McFadden
McFadden better fits our scheme.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
1st and 4th rounds are good, other two are terrible, Vikings won't spend a pick that high on a QB, Ponder was solid at the end of the year, and he will be the starter next year, so they aren't going to bring in another high round rookie, OLB Greene is an obvious pick. DE is almost not a need right now, but Dt is a big need, better options in round three, or a DB.

This
Nzd07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miles2626 wrote:
Nzd07 wrote:

Yes. I've watched Christian Ponder and his career 77.1 QB rating in one of the worst pass defense divisions in the NFL do some work despite having the greatest RB on earth behind him. Then I watched his backup look like he was throwing with the wrong arm during a playoff game. Vikes are all set at QB. DE while not the biggest need obviously does have both starters at 30+ next season. Might as well not get any depth there, esp with a value pick like Lemonier. Teams never draft depth guys for value over perceived needs.

Thanks for the constructive criticism though!

I see you've looked up some stats.

Too bad Christian Ponder is our starting QB next year.

Too bad we have Everson Griffen.

Give us Greene and McDonald.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
1st and 4th rounds are good, other two are terrible, Vikings won't spend a pick that high on a QB, Ponder was solid at the end of the year, and he will be the starter next year, so they aren't going to bring in another high round rookie, OLB Greene is an obvious pick. DE is almost not a need right now, but Dt is a big need, better options in round three, or a DB.

I don't like the 4th round pick at all, either. Nico Johnson isn't the athletic, coverage LB that our defense needs at MLB.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give us Jordan Instead of Montgomery in the 1st and O my lord I LOVE THIS DRAFT!!!!!

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
IrishBengalGXG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ba-da-bup-ba-baa I'm lovin' it

Cincinnati... just keep doin' what your doin' and that's WIN...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: