Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4 Rounder w/ 1st Rd Trades - Some new picks/Suprises!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers select Tyler Bray in the 3rd round? I mean, yea the backup QB position needs upgrading...but uhhh this early?

I like Minter in the first, would be OK with Gio in the 2nd.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent for Buffalo.. Robert Woods I like in round 2
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Barkley is a terrible fit for the Vertical Offense the Browns are putting in.

Doesn't have the arm for it. If we were still in the WCO I would be ok with him in the third.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miles2626 wrote:
Thanks for all the input so far everyone. For a few responses:

Cards trade - I disagree and think they would definitely pull that trade. There's a big difference between an OT that is playing ok and a franchise-calibur OT.

Vikings QB draft - See the point there, but I like to put myself in place of each team's GM and I think Ponder is average at best. Just cause Webb looked awful in the playoffs doesn't mean Ponder is good.

Falcons draft CB - I hear you and didn't realize the 3 and 4 were playing well. I just hear Grimes may jet and Robinson/Samuel aren't ancient yet but certainly aren't spring chickens either.

Cowboys trade - Cooper is not Warmack. If you want to argue to stay put, then fine, but not with that reasoning. Jerry showed us last year that he doesn't care about quantity, he wants the best player at a position of need or he'd have just stayed put and taken Kirkpatrick.

Thanks to those who are making late-round suggestions. I can think of my own team needs all I want, but no one knows depth needs like fans of a team!

Yeah our 3/4 CB are pretty good in McClain and Owens. McClain specifically the kid has surprised all of us. Then i think we bring Grimes back as well as he has probably came back within our price range a bit easier now after the injury.

Still at #2 pick we got much bigger needs.

Jordan, Reed, and Gillislee i love for the Falcons all great picks.

I am probably with scar on the OF pick or maybe even fredericks at C/G or a big body DT to help our almsot last ranked run defense and help Nolan run some 3-4 Sets we like to do i would say Sylvester Williams would be a fine grab for us here?
ShineOnStar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love the draft player wise but how the heck do you calculate your trades?
Myth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miles2626 wrote:

Yes. I've watched Christian Ponder and his career 77.1 QB rating in one of the worst pass defense divisions in the NFL do some work despite having the greatest RB on earth behind him. Then I watched his backup look like he was throwing with the wrong arm during a playoff game. Vikes are all set at QB.

LOL. Now that you say it, that is exactly what Webb looked like he was doing...all 5 times they let him throw. Made me snort.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 Rounder w/ 1st Rd Trades - Some new picks/Suprises! Reply with quote

BrownsDog23 wrote:
6. Cleveland Browns - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State - More pass rush could make the Brownies a top-5 calibur defense.

With the Browns switching to a 3-4 Werner isn't reallty a fit.

68. Cleveland - Matt Barkley, QB, Southern Cal

Again another bad fit, Rob Chudzinski has stated his offense will involve a vertical passing game.

101. Cleveland - Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss
really like this pick

This.
Chiefs93

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: You lost me at.... Reply with quote

Geno at number 1. he blows.
Danish49ers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: 4 Rounder w/ 1st Rd Trades - Some new picks/Suprises! Reply with quote

31. San Francisco 49ers - Sharrif Floyd, DE, Florida
61. San Francisco 49ers - Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin
74. San Francisco (Car) - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
93. San Francisco - Shawn Williams, S, Georgia
125. San Francisco - Kwame Geathers, NT, Georgia

Would be my preferred selection...
patman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bailey134 wrote:
Why would Dallas trade two first rounds and a fourth to move up six spots? To top it off just to draft a gaurd!! Cooper is just as good as Warmack in my opinion. I just dont see how that trade makes any sense?

That is one of the most far fetched trades that I seen in mocks. Using 2 1sts and 4th to get one guy that does not throw the ball to move up 6 spots.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid draft but I'd switch Lester to Swearinger and Holmes to Lattimore or Bell.
Play4Blood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3. Oakland Raiders - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah - The Raiders keep the focus on the defensive side of the ball and get a presence they lack up the middle.

Trendy pick, and entirely likely. I'm of the mind that we have to get a pass rusher here or trade out. Wouldn't bash this pick, though the inconsistent reports regarding his motor worry me.

Quote:
66. Oakland - John Simon, OLB, Ohio State

Certainly fits the mental makeup that McKenzie is looking for. I'd be all for this pick just to have him and Miles Burris together energizing the rest of the defense.

Quote:
97. Oakland - Zac Dysert, QB, Miami (Oh)

Meh. Not a fan. Someone like Alvin Bailey could come in and compete for a starting job immediately. Bennie Logan or one of those RBs could be drafted with a near-future starting role in mind. Travis Kelce would make sense here, too.
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff for the Panthers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good First Round pick. B.Jones is the best all-around Linemen in the country. He would be a steal for the Bills in the 2nd. In the 3rd Bailey from WV would be a great pick. And Nico Johnson in the 4th would be perfect. GO BILLS Very Happy

Bills for life!!!!!!!!RIP Yusef Abdullah aka Big Sef 03/12/80 - 04/26/09
mlucas12002

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all the people mocking a QB to Cleveland any earlier than round 4:

Stop it. You're wasting your time. Nobody is saying Weeden is the second coming of Peyton Manning, but the list of great QBs who had awful first years is way longer than the list of QBs who had some degree of success right away.

Put Wilson, RG3, Luck, Flacco or Ryan on this team, and you'd be trying to run them out of town after 1 season too.

Change the wasted pick to DJ Swearinger and you have a decent drat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: