Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should Kenny Phillips be resigned
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ermertne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Should Kenny Phillips be resigned Reply with quote

Being that he's one of my favorite giants I really hope they get him back I like stevie brown but 1 year is not enough to put all their chips on, what does everybody think?
Acgott

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes if it is a team friendly contract, but we cannot overpay for him with his MAJOR injury concerns
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly should be trying hard to retain him, but it will depend on his demands. Hopefully we can get something heavily incentive based.
Ermertne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going into this past year he was one of the best safeties in the NFL and I heard the Cowboys are gonna make run for him I'd be seriously mad if he did our defense is so much better with him in and if I can recall he was out for the falcons and the Ravens game and started when they played the eagles, Packers and saints... Bottom line is he makes the defense better
Acgott

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ermertne wrote:
Going into this past year he was one of the best safeties in the NFL and I heard the Cowboys are gonna make run for him I'd be seriously mad if he did our defense is so much better with him in and if I can recall he was out for the falcons and the Ravens game and started when they played the eagles, Packers and saints... Bottom line is he makes the defense better

No doubt he makes our defense much better, but we cannot use big money on players with major injury concerns
Ermertne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Ermertne wrote:

No doubt he makes our defense much better, but we cannot use big money on players with major injury concerns

Yea I agree they should try and make it team friendly but also keep in mind that he's an elite safety
dkebones

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ermertne wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Ermertne wrote:

Yea I agree they should try and make it team friendly but also keep in mind that he's an elite safety

I think i will trust JRs judgment (financial, medical, etc) as to conviction of signing him, just as he did with Steve Smith.

Steve Smith with Giants= elite receiver.

Steve Smith chasing the money = 25 total receptions in two seasons....
Ermertne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Ermertne wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Ermertne wrote:

I think i will trust JRs judgment (financial, medical, etc) as to conviction of signing him, just as he did with Steve Smith.

I trust JR's choices but kenny already proven and it's not like he went on I.R this year
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ermertne wrote:
I trust JR's choices but kenny already proven and it's not like he went on I.R this year

He...almost did. Also missed over half the season. For that I'd give him very little because we have to make sure we have a solid backup who can replace him because we're going to need one. Much like TT.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ermertne wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Ermertne wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Ermertne wrote:

how was Steve Smith not proven? and Kenny is still dealing with the same microfracture procedure as Smith was. the fact of the matter is that Philips is still a good player, absolutely worthwhile to have on the team, but he has not been the same player since the injury.
Ermertne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Ermertne wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Ermertne wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Ermertne wrote:

how was Steve Smith not proven? and Kenny is still dealing with the same microfracture procedure as Smith was. the fact of the matter is that Philips is still a good player, absolutely worthwhile to have on the team, but he has not been the same player since the injury.

I'm not talking about Steve Smith I'm talking about kenny Phillips and kenny was good in the beginning of the season when he wasn't play with injures (no body plays good with injures) and like I said at a 100% he's an elite player he's play never declined
Ermertne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And when you say 'elite' Steve Smith was not in that category with elite WR Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald are elite... Steve Smith is just a one year wonder main because Burress was gone and are only receiver
reckless123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he makes our defense leaps and bounds better, evident in the games he played this year. We must resign him, must. And is it me or are some people kinda exaggerating his injury concerns a bit. Prior to this year he had missed one game in 2 years.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Ermertne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
he makes our defense leaps and bounds better, evident in the games he played this year. We must resign him, must. And is it me or are some people kinda exaggerating his injury concerns a bit. Prior to this year he had missed one game in 2 years.

Can't agree more I see him as a must sign but his injures is not good but the media makes it look like Terrell Thomas injury
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ermertne wrote:
And when you say 'elite' Steve Smith was not in that category with elite WR Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald are elite... Steve Smith is just a one year wonder main because Burress was gone and are only receiver

Hakeem Nicks isn't a WR? News to me. Manningham had an even better year than Nicks. Combined they had over 1500 yards. Steve Smith did well because he was great with Eli

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: