Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pep Hamilton to Colts
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 27961
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Pep Hamilton to Colts Reply with quote

Quote:
Jim TrotterVerified
‏@SI_JimTrotter
Congrats to Pep Hamilton on accepting the Colts offensive coordinator position. #TheRealHU


Didn't see a thread. Should be a nice hiring.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 22989
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good for Luck.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 3422
Location: Travel-er
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't pep his OC at stanford?
_________________

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19348
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Wasn't pep his OC at stanford?
Pep was his OC his last year at Stanford, David Shaw before that.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted him for the Jets. He was the reported favorite until the Indy job became available.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mooche


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 448
Location: Winnipeg
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely happy with this hire.
_________________
Building The Monster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Malik


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 4499
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy for the Howard Alum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chamilitary


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 3152
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the jim harbaugh coaching tree
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19348
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chamilitary wrote:
from the Lovie Smith coaching tree
FIFY
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13518
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
chamilitary wrote:
from the Lovie Smith coaching tree
FIFY
Ironic because Lovie is crying under a tree waiting to get hired. Someone sign Lovie already!
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19348
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
chamilitary wrote:
from the Lovie Smith coaching tree
FIFY
Ironic because Lovie is crying under a tree waiting to get hired. Someone sign Lovie already!
I guess its a good thing he has $5M to wipe his tears with.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 8044
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chamilitary wrote:
from the jim harbaugh coaching tree
Exactly, he was essentially run out of Chicago and Harbaugh resurrected his career.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Cryptkeeper


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 2464
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lukewarm on this hire for us. At best.

Yeah, it'll be nice to reunite Luck and Hamilton on paper, but I have a bad feeling the guy's too green for a job at this level right now. I hope I'm dead wrong about him being in over his head....but it's hard to get psyched about a guy who's NFL resume is "coaching up" Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton, Cutler when he threw 26 picks, Chad Pennington, and Alex Smith.

He's had 2 years of being an OC at any level. I'm not particularly impressed by his playcalling, which included the infamous running straight into the strongest part of ND's defense 4 times instead of doing any kind of bootleg or play action.

We'll see how it turns out....but I'm not thrilled about the hire right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
popie70


Joined: 18 Dec 2010
Posts: 1064
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cryptkeeper wrote:
I'm lukewarm on this hire for us. At best.

Yeah, it'll be nice to reunite Luck and Hamilton on paper, but I have a bad feeling the guy's too green for a job at this level right now. I hope I'm dead wrong about him being in over his head....but it's hard to get psyched about a guy who's NFL resume is "coaching up" Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton, Cutler when he threw 26 picks, Chad Pennington, and Alex Smith.

He's had 2 years of being an OC at any level. I'm not particularly impressed by his playcalling, which included the infamous running straight into the strongest part of ND's defense 4 times instead of doing any kind of bootleg or play action.

We'll see how it turns out....but I'm not thrilled about the hire right now.


You don't think that if Luck kept playing under Arians offense he would get killed?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Cryptkeeper


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 2464
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popie70 wrote:
The Cryptkeeper wrote:
I'm lukewarm on this hire for us. At best.

Yeah, it'll be nice to reunite Luck and Hamilton on paper, but I have a bad feeling the guy's too green for a job at this level right now. I hope I'm dead wrong about him being in over his head....but it's hard to get psyched about a guy who's NFL resume is "coaching up" Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton, Cutler when he threw 26 picks, Chad Pennington, and Alex Smith.

He's had 2 years of being an OC at any level. I'm not particularly impressed by his playcalling, which included the infamous running straight into the strongest part of ND's defense 4 times instead of doing any kind of bootleg or play action.

We'll see how it turns out....but I'm not thrilled about the hire right now.


You don't think that if Luck kept playing under Arians offense he would get killed?


Arians' over reliance on long developing plays and inability/refusal to develop a quicker, short passing game drove me nuts. I'm grateful for how he stepped in for Pagano and he outperformed my expectations for him there by a wide margin, but I was also happy for him to get the Arizona gig.

That said, I hated that the timing of the hire because it didn't leave us many options. I was hoping for someone who had a little more seasoning because we are still young and inexperienced not only in key roster spots, but in our front office as well. Hamilton may prove to be an NFL caliber OC, but I don't think he's there yet. Our offense is in a fragile state right now; there's enough growing pains with the players without an OC learning on the job.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and that Hamilton can develop the inexperienced weapons we've got on the roster. Hopefully Pep can develop himself in a hurry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group