Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32 No Chance Warmack? Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Jrry32 No Chance Warmack? Mock Reply with quote

Hey guys, thought I'd explore the possibility of Warmack being gone before we pick. So this is what I'd do if Warmack is off the board at Pick #16:
Cut
Steven Jackson
Quintin Mikell
Wayne Hunter
Chris Williams
Harvey Dahl

Re-sign
William Hayes
Wayne Hunter
Robert Turner
Darian Stewart
Joe Barksdale

Free Agency

Kenny Phillips SS

Rob Jackson SLB

Chris Ivory HB

Mike Adams CB/S

Tony McDaniel DT

NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #16 - Terrance Williams WR Baylor
Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep3ASYyhUB4
Round 1 Pick #22 - Tavon Austin WR/RS West Virginia
Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q3UOd9_Tkw
Round 2 Pick #16 - Larry Warford OG Kentucky
Round 3 Pick #16 - Kyle Long OT Oregon
Round 4 Pick #16 - Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State
Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgZm7M3PoO8
Round 5 Pick #16 - Earl Watford OG James Madison
Round 6 Pick #16 - Micah Hyde CB/FS Iowa
Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtuQRly4xnk
Round 7 Pick #16 - Kemal Ishmael FS/SS UCF
Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muVANT9nyJs

Projected Starting Lineup:
QB - Sam Bradford
HB - Chris Ivory
FB - Lance Kendricks
WR1 - Terrance Williams vs. Brian Quick
WR2 - Chris Givens
WR3 - Tavon Austin
TE1 - Lance Kendricks
TE2 - Gavin Escobar
LT - Rodger Saffold
LG - Rokevious Watkins vs. Shelley Smith vs. Earl Watford
C - Scott Wells
RG - Larry Warford
RT - Kyle Long vs. Joe Barksdale

LDE - Chris Long
LDT - Kendall Langford
RDT - Michael Brockers
RDE - Robert Quinn
WLB - Jo-Lonn Dunbar
MLB - James Laurinaitis
SLB - Rob Jackson
CB1 - Cortland Finnegan
CB2 - Janoris Jenkins
CB3 - Trumaine Johnson
FS - Micah Hyde vs. Mike Adams vs. Kemal Ishmael
SS - Kenny Phillips

K - Greg Zuerlein
P - John Hekker
LS - Jake McQuaide
KR - Tavon Austin
PR - Tavon Austin

I won't be surprised if this one isn't loved. I know many of us are set on Warmack and the idea of not drafting any OLs in the 1st might scare us. Plus there wasn't a ton of emphasis on defense in the draft.

Ultimately, though, I think we'd do well if things worked out like this. I really really like Ishmael from UCF and I think Hyde from Iowa has a lot of potential at FS. Hyde is more of a deep coverage type with great ball-skills and range. I think he'd do well at FS...very reliable tackler too.

Obviously, adding Austin, Williams and Escobar would offer some more firepower to this offense. But I think Long, Warford and Watford would be underrated additions. Think Long has unbelievable potential in the right situation. Warford is a mauler that is impossible to move in pass pro and Watford is a very talented small school OG. Feel like if Rok didn't take the LG job, Watford might be able to. But man...could you imagine Rok Watkins at LG and Larry Warford at RG? That's 670 to 680 pounds of OG on this OL. Laughing

Oh and as always, this is what I'd personally do if I were in the GM spot so it's based on my rankings.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually really like it a lot, love all the weapons we're giving Sam. The only thing I dislike is the cutting of Harvey Dahl, I just don't understand why we need to. Couldn't we just keep him and then use maybe even that 2nd rounder on another position?
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
I actually really like it a lot, love all the weapons we're giving Sam. The only thing I dislike is the cutting of Harvey Dahl, I just don't understand why we need to. Couldn't we just keep him and then use maybe even that 2nd rounder on another position?

Whether we keep him or not, imo, we need to draft a young OG so the Warford pick wouldn't change. I just think that money is better spent elsewhere. I know some feel like we need to keep him because he's a solid player. But at the same time, without him, we gave up 0 sacks and averaged around 4.5 yards per carry over the final 2 weeks of the season.

Not to say we were better off without him, just saying our OL survived quite well without him. Harvey is or is going to be 32. His best days are behind him. We need as much cap space as we can get. I just feel like we can cut Harvey Dahl and be ok. I love his attitude but the OL as an unit will survive quite well without him.

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I just say this, so you all stop putting him in mocks. Chris Ivory is a RESTRICTED Free Agent. That means we would have to trade for him. He is not free and clear to just sign where ever he pleases.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it! I think i actually like this best out of all.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Williams is going to go that high at this point. Williams is more a late first rounder in my opinion, could slip into the second depending on what he does at the combine in comparison to other receivers.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm never going to be on board with taking 2 WR's in the first round, really, in any year, but particularly in a year with as much depth at the position as there is in this draft. By taking two in the 1st round, we are essentially negating that fact that it has so much depth and quality. With a lot of talk about Williams slipping to the 2nd, I think we would be making a poor choice taking him with our first pick (don't mistake this for me not loving him as a prospect). I'm more and more on board with waiting to see which one is there with our 2nd round pick, and taking BPA in the first round.

Another thing I'm not a fan of in this mock is not really addressing FS. Sure, there is guys listed for the position, but are any of them really upgrades? Some might argue just Dahl not being on the field in an upgrade, but they don't pop of the page for me as improving our safety situation. Keeping Mikell and taking a FS higher in the draft just sounds like a better idea from improvement standpoint.

Where is your boy Swearinger!?
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
S-jax39

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like getting rob jackson, he straight up balled for the redskins once he got some playing time.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about this again had to come back to it after realizing how much damn speed will be out there on offense with Williams, Givens and Austin... Yikes.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Can I just say this, so you all stop putting him in mocks. Chris Ivory is a RESTRICTED Free Agent. That means we would have to trade for him. He is not free and clear to just sign where ever he pleases.

No, it doesn't. With the Saints HB depth, I was working off the assumption that he was given the ROFR or Original Round tender rather than the 2nd or 1st round tender. Under both those scenarios, we give up nothing to sign him. They just have the right to match our offer.

jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I'm never going to be on board with taking 2 WR's in the first round, really, in any year, but particularly in a year with as much depth at the position as there is in this draft. By taking two in the 1st round, we are essentially negating that fact that it has so much depth and quality. With a lot of talk about Williams slipping to the 2nd, I think we would be making a poor choice taking him with our first pick (don't mistake this for me not loving him as a prospect). I'm more and more on board with waiting to see which one is there with our 2nd round pick, and taking BPA in the first round.

Another thing I'm not a fan of in this mock is not really addressing FS. Sure, there is guys listed for the position, but are any of them really upgrades? Some might argue just Dahl not being on the field in an upgrade, but they don't pop of the page for me as improving our safety situation. Keeping Mikell and taking a FS higher in the draft just sounds like a better idea from improvement standpoint.

Where is your boy Swearinger!?

That's the thing, he was the best value on my board.

We did address the FS position. Brought in a vet who can play CB and FS in Mike Adams and drafted 2 players who would compete for the spot.

Whether people like it or not, you aren't going to have All Pros at every position. We're going to have a weak link on defense next year unless we choose to neglect the offense.

I'd rather have FS be that "weak link" with a guy like Hyde who gets the job done in coverage than Dahl. Same thing with Ishmael.

Swearinger is a 2nd round pick on my board and I took Warford there.

ctp2124

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like everything with maybe the exception of Austin. I keep going back and forth how I feel he would fit in the offense. If the price is right, I'd rather have Amendola and then maybe go BPA. Could land a talented defensive player at 22 like Ogletree, Floyd, or Vaccarro.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
I like everything with maybe the exception of Austin. I keep going back and forth how I feel he would fit in the offense. If the price is right, I'd rather have Amendola and then maybe go BPA. Could land a talented defensive player at 22 like Ogletree, Floyd, or Vaccarro.

What type of person are you? Why would you want to deprive Sam Bradford of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxzPryPMB74

Do you love Sam? DO YOU LOVE SAM?

Wink Laughing

Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:

What type of person are you? Why would you want to deprive Sam Bradford of this:

Wink Laughing

Man do I love tape on him. If I keep looking at these tapes, I'm going to start liking the 2 WR in the first. That game by Austin against Oklahoma as the most dominant I've seen a player be in a long time, if not ever.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:

Wink Laughing

Man do I love tape on him. If I keep looking at these tapes, I'm going to start liking the 2 WR in the first. That game by Austin against Oklahoma as the most dominant I've seen a player be in a long time, if not ever.

He embarrassed Tony Jefferson numerous times and Jefferson is one of my favorite safety prospects. Just could not be tackled.

Scary thing is that he did the same thing to LSU in 2011. Not on the same scale but made some of their best defenders look absolutely silly and had a big game.

I think the thing that makes me most confident is that 70 to 80 yard run against OU. You've had similar players like Warrick and McCluster who didn't become great in the NFL because their straight-line speed wasn't where you thought it would be. Although I still think Warrick could have been damn good if he had been drafted 10 years later...drafted during the wrong era.

But on that run, Austin outruns Oklahoma CB Julian Wilson who is one of the fastest players in the nation. Ran a 4.3 40 in HS and ran a 10.2 100m dash as well in HS.

That's a testament to how fast Austin is imo. I think he has 4.38ish speed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: