Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Xavier Rhodes??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Xavier Rhodes?? Reply with quote

What do you guys think about FSU CB Xavier Rhodes? I'd personally love to take him in round one, and I'd rather take him over Johnathon Banks. There's a good chance he's there at pick 19, although not certain, but I think he has to be high on their draft board as BPA if he is available. The thing that worries me is that, as you know, T2, Prince, and Kenny Phillips all being injury prone players in the secondary, and while Rhodes didn't miss a game in 2012, he did go down a few times and he also missed the whole 2009 season with a thumb injury, was slowed by a hip pointer in 2011 and suffered a knee injury in the bowl game that year.. but the dude is extremely talented. Unless Warmack, Ansah, or Richardson are available, and maybe Fisher, I'd like to see this be the choice.

Last edited by jerseyboy257 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tellin y'all we're going to be taking a DE in round 1. We play to win in the trenches and Osi is going to be gone, who knows what's going on with Tuck, and we need to ensure we'll have studs there in the next few years.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
I'm tellin y'all we're going to be taking a DE in round 1. We play to win in the trenches and Osi is going to be gone, who knows what's going on with Tuck, and we need to ensure we'll have studs there in the next few years.

I agree DE is important, but don't Giants draft BPA instead of singling out one position? And honestly, JPP, Tuck, KIWI, and then letting Ojomo and Tracy, who are both talented, fight for playing time.. I think we should give them a shot.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

I agree DE is important, but don't Giants draft BPA instead of singling out one position? And honestly, JPP, Tuck, KIWI, and then letting Ojomo and Tracy, who are both talented, fight for playing time.. I think we should give them a shot.

The draft is loaded with DE talent so I don't think it'll be a shock if someone solid falls into our lap. I could see us going CB though because there are a couple options that could be there at 19 too. My biggest hope is an OT falls to us. Unlikely but a hope.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

The draft is loaded with DE talent so I don't think it'll be a shock if someone solid falls into our lap. I could see us going CB though because there are a couple options that could be there at 19 too. My biggest hope is an OT falls to us. Unlikely but a hope.

Yeah, with Matthews and Lewan returning to school, the only tackle not named Joeckel I would consider taking at 19 would be Fisher.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

No. We draft for need early. JPP's year was the only recent BPA 1st rounder. Phillips, Nicks, Prince, Wilson all filled big holes.

I think our first will be DL as well.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

No. We draft for need early. JPP's year was the only recent BPA 1st rounder. Phillips, Nicks, Prince, Wilson all filled big holes.

Other than a Linebacker, is CB not our biggest need more than anything?? Webster sucks. T2 can't stay on the field. Prince is probably our best corner right now, and he's on and off the field. Hosley's only effective in the slot and was average last year.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corner, tackle, linebacker, d-end are all needs and can all be addressed in the first round

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

No we draft BPA. You have to realise that different teams have different rankings when it comes to ranking players in the draft. JR's ranking is going to be different from Mayock or Kiper or McShay etc .Some of them are coincidental that the BPA happens to fill a need. We didnt have to go with Wilson in round 1, we couldve waited but he was the BPA at the time. Prince was definitely a BPA, JR and TC even said when they drafted him that they expected Prince to be long gone but he just fell to us and filled a need. And TBH, i dont think CB was a pressing need at the time, we had depth but we soon realised that drafting Prince was necessary because of the injuries that were to come.

I think Nicks was probably the only one in which we drafted through need though some people had him as a 1st round talent but those were in the minority

Honestly we need to draft a RT and CB respectively. Our o-line as a unit isnt bad per se but that right side is a problem, if youre bad at either tackle side then it collapses your o-line .I wouldnt mind a safety as well somebody like Elam.

"Champagne"..."Mountain Range"..."Hugs".
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:

Yes ...

I havent seen much out of Xavier ... but in the end we are talking a de/lb

Bolieve in Masai
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Yes ...

You don't know that. I'd rather have our first pick either address CB or DT. JR never prioritizes LB in the first round, but at least one linebacker will be drafted within the first four rounds. Although I wouldn't mind taking an end if he's the BPA, which would have to be Werner, Jordan, or someone, I think people are overreacting. If, and when, we move Kiwi to DE where he should have ALWAYS been, we'll have JPP, Tuck, Kiwi, Ojomo, and Tracy, and probably a F/A or a rookie in the mix. That's solid depth to me. I just don't want us wasting a pick on Montgomery or Mingo or someone. Both overrated. So unless one of the top 3 DEs fall to us, then I wouldn't bother taking an end. I'm really against spending a 1st rounder on offensive line help, UNLESS its Chance Warmack, but I doubt he falls to us. I also think people are overreacting about our OL. I know it could use an upgrade, but guess who was the least sacked QB in the NFL last season? Eli Manning. We spent all last years draft on offense, and now after having a 29th ranked defense, it needs to be addressed often, and early. I'm also hoping Sheldon Richardson falls to us, but I have a feeling if he falls to us, Dallas will snag him the pick before at 18. I'd be extremely happy with Richardson or Rhodes as both would be top talent filling positions of need. Jesse Williams a possibility too.

Last edited by jerseyboy257 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Yes ...

You don't know that. I'd rather have our first pick either address CB or DT. JR never prioritizes LB in the first round, but at least one linebacker will be drafted within the first four rounds. Although I wouldn't mind taking an end if he's the BPA, which would have to be Werner, Jordan, or someone, I think people are overreacting. If, and when, we move Kiwi to DE where he should have ALWAYS been, we'll have JPP, Tuck, Kiwi, Ojomo, and Tracy, and probably a F/A or a rookie in the mix. That's solid depth to me. I just don't want us wasting a [removed] pick on Montgomery or Mingo or someone. Both overrated. So unless one of the top 3 DEs fall to us, then I wouldn't bother taking an end. I'm really against spending a 1st rounder on offensive line help, UNLESS its Chance Warmack, but I doubt he falls to us. I also think people are overreacting about our OL. I know it could use an upgrade, but guess who was the least sacked QB in the NFL last season? Eli Manning. We spent all last years draft on offense, and now after having a 29th ranked defense, it needs to be addressed often, and early. I'm also hoping Sheldon Richardson falls to us, but I have a feeling if he falls to us, Dallas will snag him the pick before at 18. I'd be extremely happy with Richardson or Rhodes as both would be top talent filling positions of need.

Usually I'm fine with going BPA, this year I really want us to address the line because the lack of FA talent in LB's/De's. There are many O-linemen out there in FA this year, also many corners too.

The only secondary I want us to take if available is Vaccaro ... but I'd rather have 3-4 guys over him. All of whom I dont see escaping us.

Ps. I removed your sensor, I see you're kinda new to this sight. But we like to keep our language Pg here Laughing If you're angry enough to say it I suggest either not posting it at all ... or finding something more appropriate. We have very few members on this sight, and I'd hate to lose another one. Especially one who seems as "into it" as you.

Bolieve in Masai
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Yes ...

You don't know that. I'd rather have our first pick either address CB or DT. JR never prioritizes LB in the first round, but at least one linebacker will be drafted within the first four rounds. Although I wouldn't mind taking an end if he's the BPA, which would have to be Werner, Jordan, or someone, I think people are overreacting. If, and when, we move Kiwi to DE where he should have ALWAYS been, we'll have JPP, Tuck, Kiwi, Ojomo, and Tracy, and probably a F/A or a rookie in the mix. That's solid depth to me. I just don't want us wasting a [removed] pick on Montgomery or Mingo or someone. Both overrated. So unless one of the top 3 DEs fall to us, then I wouldn't bother taking an end. I'm really against spending a 1st rounder on offensive line help, UNLESS its Chance Warmack, but I doubt he falls to us. I also think people are overreacting about our OL. I know it could use an upgrade, but guess who was the least sacked QB in the NFL last season? Eli Manning. We spent all last years draft on offense, and now after having a 29th ranked defense, it needs to be addressed often, and early. I'm also hoping Sheldon Richardson falls to us, but I have a feeling if he falls to us, Dallas will snag him the pick before at 18. I'd be extremely happy with Richardson or Rhodes as both would be top talent filling positions of need.

Usually I'm fine with going BPA, this year I really want us to address the line because the lack of FA talent in LB's/De's. There are many O-linemen out there in FA this year, also many corners too.

The only secondary I want us to take if available is Vaccaro ... but I'd rather have 3-4 guys over him. All of whom I dont see escaping us.

Ps. I removed your sensor, I see you're kinda new to this sight. But we like to keep our language Pg here Laughing If you're angry enough to say it I suggest either not posting it at all ... or finding something more appropriate. We have very few members on this sight, and I'd hate to lose another one. Especially one who seems as "into it" as you.

Lol sorry i wasnt angry at what you wrote, I was just typing casual. Thanks for the heads up. Why would you want another safety over a corner?? Are you assuming that we let Kenny Phillips go? Phillips/Rolle/Brown has to be one of the best in the league, and personally I prefer Matt Elam over Vaccaro
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Lol sorry i wasnt angry at what you wrote, I was just typing casual. Thanks for the heads up. Why would you want another safety over a corner?? Are you assuming that we let Kenny Phillips go? Phillips/Rolle/Brown has to be one of the best in the league, and personally I prefer Matt Elam over Vaccaro

Unfortunately I see us releasing Phillips, and depending on the situation I see us moving Rolle to corner depending on Webster/TT.

I've heard/seen great things out of Vaccaro, and see him molding nice into our secondary.

Also the giants prefer to draft BPA like you said, and I could see him having a "draft stock leaping" combine

But preferably like I said early I want multiple guys over him at Lb/De Laughing

Bolieve in Masai
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:

Unfortunately I see us releasing Phillips, and depending on the situation I see us moving Rolle to corner depending on Webster/TT.

I've heard/seen great things out of Vaccaro, and see him molding nice into our secondary.

Also the giants prefer to draft BPA like you said, and I could see him having a "draft stock leaping" combine

But preferably like I said early I want multiple guys over him at Lb/De Laughing

Would you want Ogletree or Minter at 19?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: