Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If 2nd round pick isn't for the secondary...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you pick?
Marcus Hunt, DE, SMU
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Kyle Long, OT, Oregon
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Robert Woods, WR, USC
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Williams Gholston, DE, MSU
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (list them)
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: If 2nd round pick isn't for the secondary... Reply with quote

Assume all the best secondary players are off the board by our pick and BPA is at another position. Who would you want to take and why?
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Hunt,,assuming he'd be a pass rushing LB. If we dont upgrade our secondary we'll need more of a pass rush.

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Lane Johnson. If we can't get the secondary guy (which is really unrealistic be cause there will be a boatload worthy of the selection when we pick) I'd go OT and solidfy our OL for years to come.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
I went with Hunt,,assuming he'd be a pass rushing LB. If we dont upgrade our secondary we'll need more of a pass rush.
hunt will be a 3-4 DE not olb. He's 6'7, 280 with the frame to add 20 to 30 lbs on to play 3-4 DE on every down.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mrdriii

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Long. A little less experience than the other guy but a better athlete and has the bloodlines. Fits what we do exactly.

Thanx Mike23MD for the sig!!
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
hunt will be a 3-4 DE not olb. He's 6'7, 280 with the frame to add 20 to 30 lbs on to play 3-4 DE on every down.

Oh Embarassed Shows how much I follow college football Wink

mike23md on the sig
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdriii wrote:
I went with Long. A little less experience than the other guy but a better athlete and has the bloodlines. Fits what we do exactly.

I didnt realize he was Howies son,id grab him up!

mike23md on the sig
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone tell me about the NT from Bama, I wouldn't mind another NT to sure up the defense a little.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdriii wrote:
I like Long and his athleticism but he has to get stronger. I don't see him as a
2nd round pick but that could change depending on how well he perfoms over the next 3 months leading up to the draft.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Someone tell me about the NT from Bama, I wouldn't mind another NT to sure up the defense a little.
stout at the point of attack, is versatile enough to play DE as well. The previous few years he played DE because Bama had other NTs like Chapman and Cody.

1. He plays with excellent pad level which is key for the NT position. Despite being 6'4 he does a great job at getting his pads lower than his opponents. Because of these two things he is a great anchor to the middle of a defense.

2. He does a great job eating up blockers and is also great at shedding blockers to get in the backfield for tackles for loss and sacks

3. He gets a good jump off the line of of scrimmage

4. He also plays with a mean attitude and tenacity which something needed to be a great NT

5. Run defense is his strength, but he is also good at shedding blockers and has short-area quickness. This also makes him a threat to penetrate the pocket on passing downs as well and get pressure on the QB.

6. He is only going to get better as a football player because he didnt start till he was 15 after coming to the United States from Australia. So, he can improve a lot and has a lot of upside

I'll say this. If he makes it out of round 1 I'll be totally shocked! I don't see Any way he makes it to us in round 2. IMHO I don't think he should be included on this list as getable with our natural 2nd Round Selection.
mike23md

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William Gholston and Kyle Long are 3rd round prospects right now. And there is a slew of WR's that I would like to see drop to us.

Cordarelle Patterson
Robert Woods
DeAndre Hopkins

Lane Johnson would be a nice pick as well.

Jesse Williams is a big boy and could play the nose to clog up the A gaps and bring on C's and G's.

I would like to keep a good staple of WR's and I would believe that adding another younger prospect with speed and height would really set us up for some long seasons.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mrdriii wrote:
I like Long and his athleticism but he has to get stronger. I don't see him as a
2nd round pick but that could change depending on how well he perfoms over the next 3 months leading up to the draft.

Well his stock will probably be rising as Howie has said he is the most natural and athletic of the 3. We talked about that at some point before Skinsfan21.?.. I thought... http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2012/01/oregon_ducks_recruit_kyle_long.html
Quote:
"I think Kyle is more gifted than I am, or was," Howie Long, 51, said.

And I would LOVE to have this guy on the team too, agree with this our first pick IF it falls into our laps. But I think he'll be Gone and we'll get a S or CB most of us will be happy with Cool
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with long. But Id rather go ILB with Shayne Skov.

Kid with that kind of brains you want to groom behind as smart a player as fletcher.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
tyler735

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
William Gholston and Kyle Long are 3rd round prospects right now. And there is a slew of WR's that I would like to see drop to us.

Cordarelle Patterson
Robert Woods
DeAndre Hopkins

Lane Johnson would be a nice pick as well.

Jesse Williams is a big boy and could play the nose to clog up the A gaps and bring on C's and G's.

I would like to keep a good staple of WR's and I would believe that adding another younger prospect with speed and height would really set us up for some long seasons.

Been saying this for several months. This is the perfect draft for us to take a WR, being that there are several WR's that are worthy of a 1st round grade, but likely won't all be selected in the 1st due to how many are coming out this year.

I'm hoping Patterson/Hunter/Williams/Austin are available in the second
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mrdriii wrote:

Well his stock will probably be rising as Howie has said he is the most natural and athletic of the 3. We talked about that at some point before Skinsfan21.?.. I thought... http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2012/01/oregon_ducks_recruit_kyle_long.html
Quote:
"I think Kyle is more gifted than I am, or was," Howie Long, 51, said.

And I would LOVE to have this guy on the team too, agree with this our first pick IF it falls into our laps. But I think he'll be Gone and we'll get a S or CB most of us will be happy with Cool
do you think Howie is biased?

Anyways. I agree, S or CB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: