Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best teams to not win a super bowl?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PatriotBeast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
2007 Pats for sure. They are the best team I have ever seen.

agreed Smile
18-1 is still pretty good
but not PERFECT.

which year did the dolphins go 19-0?
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
'97 Chiefs (with Rich Gannon)

They were already a pretty good team with Grbac, but better than the Broncos with Gannon. I went to a game against a good SF team and with Gannon at the helm they destryoed them like 44-9.

You're talking about a guy in Gannon who was better than C Kaep is at this point and a guy in Grbac who is worse than Alex Smith. You got the #1 scoring D, Andre Rison, Tony G, one of the top return games, and a tremendous O-Line that could run the ball down your throat.

I don't think that they were better than the Broncos even with Gannon, and that win over SF, while very good, wasn't quite as impressive as you were saying because the Niners were a paper tiger who beat up on a weak division.

However, the 97 Chiefs were still pretty good, and them and Denver were the two best teams in the NFL that year.

As for Gannon, the Chiefs should have kept him after the 98 season, and traded Grbac.
Silver Bullet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
'the 98 vikes & the 07 pats (its comical that Moss was on both)

Actually it makes total sense. Those were probably 1a and 1b as far as GOAT offenses in the NFL and he was the biggest reason. It just shows how special of a player he was. Hope he gets a ring this year to seal his legacy.
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'04 Steelers... They decimated both Super Bowl Participants by a combined score of 51-20 and that was holding back against the Eagles. Only team to hold T.O. to less than 100 yards that season.

Patriots just spygated them... Wink

Trust in the 4Bs: Ben, Bell, Blount and Brown!
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
2004 Eagles, 1998 Vikings

The 2004 Eagles were the 3rd best team in the league at best that season...

BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:

2004 Eagles - People forget that this was basically a 13-1 team. They rested their starters in the final two weeks and that probably does somewhat hurt their legacy, unfortunately. That being said, they weren't overly dominant against a comically weak schedule and floundered against their toughest opponent during the season (a 27-3 loss to Pittsburgh)

This is what I don't get... Pittsburgh absolutely decimated them... Like it really wasn't even close. Pittsburgh held up for the entirety of the 4th quarter out of fear they might see them in the Super Bowl. Likewise, Pittsburgh beat New England the week afterwards. Philadelphia MIGHT have gone 15-1 but Pittsburgh DID go 15-1 while resting their starters.

Yet whenever these topics pop up everyone always mentions the 2004 Eagles but not the 2004 Steelers... a team that won it all the next season.

incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
'04 Steelers... They decimated both Super Bowl Participants by a combined score of 51-20 and that was holding back against the Eagles. Only team to hold T.O. to less than 100 yards that season.

you mean other than the Giants (twice), Vikings, Redskins (twice) and Dallas?
TKWSNx93

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2007 Patriots
1998 Vikings
1969 Vikings
2004 Steelers
1990 Bills
2006 Chargers
1987 49ers
1999 Jaguars?
1983 Redskins?
1984 Dolphins?

The one team that seems to be overlooked is the 2002 Raiders. If they had faced any other team besides the Buccaneers that season, they would have won the Superbowl. Shame that their staff were too stupid and naive to change the playbook that Jon Gruden knew at the back of his head. That team was loaded. Rich Gannon (league MVP), Tim Brown, Jerry Rice, Charles Woodson, Rod Woodson
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

You're correct. I was thinking to under 100 and scoreless to which only 3 other teams did and not when he was on his first half season tear.

incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

You're correct. I was thinking to under 100 and scoreless to which only 3 other teams did and not when he was on his first half season tear.

it seemed very implausible to me so i had to look it up Smile
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:

2004 Eagles - People forget that this was basically a 13-1 team. They rested their starters in the final two weeks and that probably does somewhat hurt their legacy, unfortunately. That being said, they weren't overly dominant against a comically weak schedule and floundered against their toughest opponent during the season (a 27-3 loss to Pittsburgh)

This is what I don't get... Pittsburgh absolutely decimated them... Like it really wasn't even close. Pittsburgh held up for the entirety of the 4th quarter out of fear they might see them in the Super Bowl. Likewise, Pittsburgh beat New England the week afterwards. Philadelphia MIGHT have gone 15-1 but Pittsburgh DID go 15-1 while resting their starters.

Yet whenever these topics pop up everyone always mentions the 2004 Eagles but not the 2004 Steelers... a team that won it all the next season.

I think it's more than fair to bring up. Two things that probably lead to the Steelers being left off: one, their point differential is absurdly low for a team that went 15-1. Two, and what stands out most, is that their playoff performance was so downright uninspiring that people soured on them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

it seemed very implausible to me so i had to look it up Smile

I just remember him tearing the league up prior to that game and Troy Polamalu shut him down and that was the game in which he emerged in his career.

BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:

I think it's more than fair to bring up. Two things that probably lead to the Steelers being left off: one, their point differential is absurdly low for a team that went 15-1. Two, and what stands out most, is that their playoff performance was so downright uninspiring that people soured on them.

For the record I don't think they're deserving. I just think they're more deserving than the Eagles. How often does a team go 15-1 and beat the teams with the 2nd and 3rd best records in the league that year?

neezy007

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
13-3 Tennessee Titans with a motivated Big Al.

Only thing that could stop them was 2 fat boys fumbling inside the 20, and the refs giving the other team a 43 second playclock.

In other words, pure luck and flat-out cheating (on top of attempting to injure players) let a certain team bet the Titans.

It should have been our year, damnit.

Boo hoo!

Shouldn't even be close to this list.

They were pretty awesome. I remember I had them as my D in fantasy. Nasty. Big Al was the best player in football.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotBeast wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
2007 Pats for sure. They are the best team I have ever seen.

agreed Smile
18-1 is still pretty good
but not PERFECT.

which year did the dolphins go 19-0?

It was 16-0 and in '72

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: