Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft: Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

With the 2nd pick in the draft the Jaguars select?
Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DeMarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

mike23md

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: 2013 NFL Draft: Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock Reply with quote

The Kansas City Chiefs select Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia with the first pick in the draft.

The Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock.

Jacksonville just hired Gus Bradley as their new head coach and he was the DC for the Seahawks. The Jaguars need a lot of holes filled, including one at QB as Blaine Gabbert was absolute garbage and Chad Henne may not be the answer.

They were the worst team in the league when it came to pass rush and they run a 4-3 defense. There are quite a few ways the Jags could go with this pick.

So with the 2nd pick in the draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select?

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones. He's the best pass rusher in this draft and that's what they need the most.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seconded Jarvis Jones Cool

Bjoern Werner is interesting but Jones is a sleek athlete and fits the Jags/
Doh just read Jones has a degenerative spinal condition I would change that pick Confused

Damontre Moore would be mine then, he is Beast in the video:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/01/detroit_lions_will_select_texa.html

Last edited by DCRED on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Almm24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags have really nice options for choosing a pass rusher. Can't go wrong with Damontre Moore or Jarvis Jones.

^ El Ramster
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones does have spinal stenosis, but that has not stopped him from playing at UGA and I dont think that is going to stop him from playing in the NFL.

On the Lions taking Damontre Moore, if Luke Joeckel is on the board, I cannot see the Lions passing on the best LT in the draft and one that does not have any major weaknesses.

He would upgrade that LT spot immediately.

2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they're going to go with Mike Glennon with the options you have available here...

RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I think they're going to go with Mike Glennon with the options you have available here...

I agree with this.

Cannot see a team selecting Jarvis Jones in the top 5 considering he has spinal stenosis. You could be getting a player for <6 years, and while that is still significant, these picks should be franchise pillars.

Blknite01's masterpiece
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

I agree with this.

Cannot see a team selecting Jarvis Jones in the top 5 considering he has spinal stenosis. You could be getting a player for <6 years, and while that is still significant, these picks should be franchise pillars.

I think they could snag Mike Glennon in the second round. Just my opinion, but if anything, they dont pass up on DaMontre Moore or Star Lotulelei. Dee Milliner could be the pick. I just don't see them passing up on that kind of talent with Glennon being a potential 2nd round pick. I currently see him in the 2-3 round range, but he needs to show well at the Senior Bowl or in the combine and pro days.

2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

I agree with this.

I think they could snag Mike Glennon in the second round. Just my opinion, but if anything, they dont pass up on DaMontre Moore or Star Lotulelei. Dee Milliner could be the pick. I just don't see them passing up on that kind of talent with Glennon being a potential 2nd round pick. I currently see him in the 2-3 round range, but he needs to show well at the Senior Bowl or in the combine and pro days.
i agree with this. Mike Glennon is being overrated because the qb draft class is weak. There is a lot of Defensive talent that I wouldn't pass on for a qb who might not be better than the one you've been developing for two seasons.

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

I agree with this.

I just don't see anyway Glennon falls out of the top-10...

RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bjoern Werner here only other option is Star

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

I agree with this.

While I agree its risky, Chris Samuels had the same condition and played for a long time at a high level. He also was selected in the top 5. That being said, I voted for D. Moore. I'm not sure Jones is big enough to be a complete player in a 4-3 system and I feel Moore has more of the body type to hold up against the run better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: