Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Former Chiefs, Falcons TE Tony Gonzalez retires from the NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little surprised he didn't take 1 more year. At least he got the playoff win

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Tony, seems like a great person. Enjoy your time.

New York JetsRutgers Scarlet KnightsBrooklyn NetsNew York Mets
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
So nothing in that quote says he's done although I can see why one would think that. Is there anything else on this?

Sooooo he's still never said he's done?? We still only have this little quote which could be misinterpreted?

PM sig requests.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
So nothing in that quote says he's done although I can see why one would think that. Is there anything else on this?

Sooooo he's still never said he's done?? We still only have this little quote which could be misinterpreted?

He also said he was 97% sure he was retiring before the game. It will be a big surprise if they talk him in to coming back.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

He also said he was 97% sure he was retiring before the game. It will be a big surprise if they talk him in to coming back.

I don't think he'd get talked into coming back, but getting this much closer than he'd ever been before will certainly tempt him.

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

I knew he had said it but to know you came that close, on a team that young and that talented when he obviously still has the ability to play at a high level..... I dunno...... that'd be tough to walk away from IMO.

I only posed my questions b/c everyone is acting like it's a done deal when, in fact, it's not....

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
I don't think he'd get talked into coming back, but getting this much closer than he'd ever been before will certainly tempt him.

Combine this w/ the fact he played at a high level and is obviously more than healthy enough to play and this is exactly why I'm thinking the opposite of you.

I don't think he'll go just yet.

PM sig requests.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:

Combine this w/ the fact he played at a high level and is obviously more than healthy enough to play and this is exactly why I'm thinking the opposite of you.

Oh no, you misunderstood me. I think there's a very good chance he comes back, I just think if he does, it won't be because anyone convinced him, it will be the temptation of having finally gotten close.

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:

Oh no, you misunderstood me. I think there's a very good chance he comes back, I just think if he does, it won't be because anyone convinced him, it will be the temptation of having finally gotten close.

OK got ya! I did misread that. Based on your first sentence, I thought you said he's done.

PM sig requests.
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
I knew he had said it but to know you came that close, on a team that young and that talented when he obviously still has the ability to play at a high level..... I dunno...... that'd be tough to walk away from IMO.

I only posed my questions b/c everyone is acting like it's a done deal when, in fact, it's not....
Well, after the game he made statements about it being difficult taking off the uniform for the last time, pads, cleats, etc. Almost didn't want to take them off and all that.

So yeah, it's not a done deal and he could definitely come back. But, he's put out some pretty big signs indicating his intentions to retire.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see him coming back. He'll enjoy his vacation and all that, but once training camp starts up the hunger will hit him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Well, after the game he made statements about it being difficult taking off the uniform for the last time, pads, cleats, etc. Almost didn't want to take them off and all that.

So yeah, it's not a done deal and he could definitely come back. But, he's put out some pretty big signs indicating his intentions to retire.

He's definitely sending mixed signals about this. As I mentioned above, I believe he's going to be back. That Atlanta team is very good and they'll be back and contending next season. Now if he were a Raider, or still a Chief, yeah, I bet he'd hang it up w/o any thoughts LOL.

PM sig requests.
JMG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting to the NFCCG has got to be really tempting for him to make a comeback.

[]_[] Family
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be back. He hasn't called it quits, and Atlanta will have a spot open for him regardless of who they grab in the draft.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

He's definitely sending mixed signals about this. As I mentioned above, I believe he's going to be back. That Atlanta team is very good and they'll be back and contending next season. Now if he were a Raider, or still a Chief, yeah, I bet he'd hang it up w/o any thoughts LOL.
What mixed signals? He said he was 97% sure he was done, followed that up by saying that its the last time he'll have a jersey on, pads on, cleats on. And that he won't complain b/c the game has given him so much. The only thing that could be interpreted as a mixed signal is him saying that he can still play at a high level. Nothing there says that he is GOING to play. All signs point to him retiring. He could however change his mind, but Tony seems like a guy who once he has his mind made up, its made up, he's not going to waffle.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: