Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Former Chiefs, Falcons TE Tony Gonzalez retires from the NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zithers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Zithers wrote:
good. i'm glad he never got a ring. guy was a total a-hole when i met him.
please tell

i was 13 (back in 2003) and went up to ask him for his autograph on a football i had. he did a "talk to the hand" gesture and placed his palm, literally, 4 inches from my face and very sternly said, "no"

i was stunned and saddened. dude was one of my favorite non-panthers since my fav player of all-time is wesley walls. always rooted for tight ends to put up big numbers. then he pulls that s***. he couldn't have just said "no" or "i turned down everyone else, sorry, gotta be fair" like i've been told by numerous others? i mean seriously... what a -. so after that i only wished losses upon him. suck it tony g. you failed. haha!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
Zithers wrote:
please tell

i was 13 (back in 2003) and went up to ask him for his autograph on a football i had. he did a "talk to the hand" gesture and placed his palm, literally, 4 inches from my face and very sternly said, "no"

i was stunned and saddened. dude was one of my favorite non-panthers since my fav player of all-time is wesley walls. always rooted for tight ends to put up big numbers. then he pulls that s***. he couldn't have just said "no" or "i turned down everyone else, sorry, gotta be fair" like i've been told by numerous others? i mean seriously... what a -. so after that i only wished losses upon him. suck it tony g. you failed. haha!

That's pretty petty, don't you think it's time to let it go?

I mean, i'm often criticized for being too nice and not having the backbone to be mean to someone, but i think even i would snap with the constant autograph requests.

But, i can understand your side too. No one likes to be treated like that.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOAT.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
Zithers wrote:
please tell

meh. Getting hounded by fans all the time would get VERY old.

I respect players who are always going 110% for their fans, but I don't dislike players who grow tired of it from time to time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw his post game interview and he seems pretty down to earth about his future. It's kind of a shame to see him go considering the guy can still play better than most tight ends in football. But on the other hand he's still got his health and it's probably a good time to start enjoying the fruits of his labor. Never was a huge fan of the guy, but I respect the career he had.

Only thing that kind of rubbed me the wrong way about that interview was him downplaying the Niners and saying "We beat ourselves." I really don't like hearing players say that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he sits back and waits for the storm of negative emotion about the game to end before making his mind up 100%. One of my all time favorite players, and one of the truly amazing guys on and off the field in sports. It sucked seeing him shred the Broncos for so many years, but i loved him regardless. A lot like LT.

A lot of great players end up without rings, but most of them weren't half the guy Tony is off the field. He is right up there with Brian Dawkins and Barry Sanders of guys who's inability to get a ring is a darn shame. They all deserved better.

But like i said, i hold out hope he gives it some time to make a final decision. The Falcons are a legit Super Bowl contender and could make another run next season. But without him the Falcons just lost a HUGE piece of their success.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he'll change his mind

ELRammy
Brian23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Zithers wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
Zithers wrote:
please tell

meh. Getting hounded by fans all the time would get VERY old.

I respect players who are always going 110% for their fans, but I don't dislike players who grow tired of it from time to time.

If the story is true, that's not just growing tired; its being an [inappropriate/removed].

No reason for that.
Zithers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i get that signing stuff can get old.

but i don't get how you shove your hand in a kid's face when he asks for an autograph.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
He should try one more year. The falcons are definitely on the up-&-up and if they win it all next year he's going to feel terrible.
I could see Atlanta cutting a fringe player just to have him on for the playoffs next season.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come play a final year in KC with (hopefully) Geno @ QB and Reid running the show! Maybe have a fairy tale season, I can dream right?!

Geno with Bowe (needs resigned) amd Gonzalez, along with Breaston, Baldwin, Moeaki, McCluster, and Wylie all in the mix. Charles in the backfield and a pretty solid OL already in front of them all.

I'd be happy if he played one more year in ATL too, over him retiring. I hope he does, they're really close.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Panther fan im definitely glad he's retiring. No more bs free push offs.
DallasPride28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stand up guy and great player. I'm.glad I got to see him play. Hof for sure.

Adopt-A-Cowboy(Dez Bryant)
46 catches, 706 yards, 7 touchdown, 15.3 average
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he comes back for another year. Gonna miss him if he doesn't come back.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cerbs wrote:
Saw his post game interview and he seems pretty down to earth about his future. It's kind of a shame to see him go considering the guy can still play better than most tight ends in football. But on the other hand he's still got his health and it's probably a good time to start enjoying the fruits of his labor. Never was a huge fan of the guy, but I respect the career he had.

Only thing that kind of rubbed me the wrong way about that interview was him downplaying the Niners and saying "We beat ourselves." I really don't like hearing players say that.

I can see where he is coming from. Props to the 49ers for coming back from a 17 point deficit, but that is why he feels "we beat ourselves."

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: