Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fletcher and Kerrigan to Pro Bowl
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Fletcher and Kerrigan to Pro Bowl Reply with quote

Not sure why Morris isn't listed to take Gores spot . Think Kerrigans first!
Quote:
Washington Redskins linebackers London Fletcher and Ryan Kerrigan will head to the Pro Bowl as replacements for Super Bowl-bound San Francisco 49ers linebackers Patrick Willis and Aldon Smith.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/redskins-lbs-fletcher-kerrigan-head-012103591--nfl.html

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerrigan wasn't anything special this year, but that's cool I guess.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! London deserves it, he made so many huge plays for the defense this year.I'm Glad our sack leader (Kerrigan)will repesent us in the pro bowl and he had an int for a TD for the 2nd year in a row.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How Kerrigan made the Pro Bowl I'll never know but Morris getting snubbed for Gore and now Martin is a friggin' joke. If the NFL wants the Pro Bowl to be taken seriously then they need to do something about the voting, this is getting ridiculous.
Almm24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow what a joke. Alfred definitely deserved it over Gore and now Martin gets it over him Confused
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Kerrigan wasn't anything special this year, but that's cool I guess.

Agreed.

Pro Bowl is a joke. Hopefully they either change it or stick with the AP All-Pro's when it comes down to HoF voting.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
How Kerrigan made the Pro Bowl I'll never know but Morris getting snubbed for Gore and now Martin is a friggin' joke. If the NFL wants the Pro Bowl to be taken seriously then they need to do something about the voting, this is getting ridiculous.
kerrigan had a better year than what you guys are giving him credit for. Love how everyone is not excited for him to make the pro bowl though! Great fan support! Laughing Rolling Eyes

I agree that Morris should have made it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
kerrigan had a better year than what you guys are giving him credit for. Love how everyone is not excited for him to make the pro bowl though! Great fan support! Laughing Rolling Eyes

To blindly support a player on your favorite team is aptly called a homer. Kerrigan did not deserve a PB berth, even as a replacement. There is nothing wrong with objective opinion.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

To blindly support a player on your favorite team is aptly called a homer. Kerrigan did not deserve a PB berth, even as a replacement. There is nothing wrong with objective opinion.

He actually had a pretty good year. A good amount of pressure considering he was the only pass rusher,hes good in coverage and against the run. A complete olb.. I dont see who else in the nfc would have went outside of the guys voted in front of him.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

He actually had a pretty good year. A good amount of pressure considering he was the only pass rusher,hes good in coverage and against the run. A complete olb.. I dont see who else in the nfc would have went outside of the guys voted in front of him.
me neither and I'm as objective as anyone. Kerrigan had a good year
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Laughing Laughing

What about Lance Briggs?
Sean Weatherspoon?
Thomas Davis?
Lavonte David?

The problem with pro-bowl voting is that it prioritizes the 3-4 rush LB over any 4-3 LB, even if that 4-3 LB had a better season.

Once you rule out SF because of the superbowl, you then decide between the Pack (CMIII), the 'Boys (sent both), the Cards (no pass rush threat) and the 'Skins. It's gifting it to Ryan Kerrigan. You can make an argument for him among that group, but quite frankly the deciding factor is the 3-4.

Kerrigan did not progress as a pass rusher this season, regardless of extra attention. Give me one of the other four 4-3 OLBs.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Laughing Laughing

What about Lance Briggs?
Sean Weatherspoon?
Thomas Davis?
Lavonte David?

The problem with pro-bowl voting is that it prioritizes the 3-4 rush LB over any 4-3 LB, even if that 4-3 LB had a better season.

Once you rule out SF because of the superbowl, you then decide between the Pack (CMIII), the 'Boys (sent both), the Cards (no pass rush threat) and the 'Skins. It's gifting it to Ryan Kerrigan. You can make an argument for him among that group, but quite frankly the deciding factor is the 3-4.

Kerrigan did not progress as a pass rusher this season, regardless of extra attention. Give me one of the other four 4-3 OLBs.
what about Ryan Kerrigan? He progressed as a football player and leader.

Lance Briggs regressed as the season went on. Kerrigan progressed throughout the season. I don't even know why we are having the argument. Kerrigan is going to Hawaii, the other guys aren't.

Kerrigan had a int Td return again this year.
Kerrigan had one more sack than he had last year and more qb pressures
Kerrigan doubled his passes defensed from 2011 to 2012. 4 to 8
He had a fumble recovery

He became a leader for a defense that did a 180 after the bye week. A defense that became a main reason we won the division.

He's as worthy and IMO more worthy as those other players you bring up.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree here with Turtle. While I expected more out of Kerrigan, he had a better year than last year. And I can point that his performance was more favorable over the other choices.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this would be different if the Pro Bowl actually meant something in the grand scheme of things.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
I think this would be different if the Pro Bowl actually meant something in the grand scheme of things.
dont they always mention how many pro bowls a player played in when a player goes into the hall of Fame? I agree the voting system and game suck but it does have some merit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: