Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC West = NFL Best?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poster4613 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
Poster4613 wrote:
I think the NFC West and the NFC North are the two best divisions right now.

49ers > Packers
Seahawks > Vikings/Bears
Rams < Viking/Bears
Cardinals < Lions

I give NFC West a slight advantage for being top heavy. I am really hesitant to say Lions > Cards. I think with an average QB and a below average o-line the Cards are a borderline playoff team. That is a nasty defense and they did go like 4-0 with a win over the Patriots to start the year.

Rams have a lot better pieces in place to be better than the Vikes and Bears long term

I agree. I started writing a bit about how I think the Rams are already really scary and have the ammo to become a top team. I deleted it because I wanted to appear slightly objective. I think the NFC West is going to easily become the best division next year, but a lot can happen in the NFL.

Rams are an OG, RT, SS and #1 WR away from being really good.
shawn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poster4613 wrote:

49ers > Packers
Seahawks > Vikings/Bears
Rams < Viking/Bears
Cardinals < Lions

I give NFC West a slight advantage for being top heavy. I am really hesitant to say Lions > Cards. I think with an average QB and a below average o-line the Cards are a borderline playoff team. That is a nasty defense and they did go like 4-0 with a win over the Patriots to start the year.

just keep in mind, we just lost our DC, that nasty defense might be gone soon.

sig made by mike23md
Poster4613

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
Poster4613 wrote:

49ers > Packers
Seahawks > Vikings/Bears
Rams < Viking/Bears
Cardinals < Lions

That's true. I forgot how dumb the Cards FO was so far. I am going to take my Cardinals praise and heap it on the Rams. I also forgot my bitterness that the oline that let up 3592592359239 sacks in 2 weeks couldn't spare 3 for Aldon. Selfish.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poster4613 wrote:
shawn wrote:
Poster4613 wrote:

49ers > Packers
Seahawks > Vikings/Bears
Rams < Viking/Bears
Cardinals < Lions

That's true. I forgot how dumb the Cards FO was so far. I am going to take my Cardinals praise and heap it on the Rams. I also forgot my bitterness that the oline that let up 3592592359239 sacks in 2 weeks couldn't spare 3 for Aldon. Selfish.

Justin wasn't there to hold anyone that game though.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings > San Francisco
Packers > Seattle without Ref assistance
Bears > Rams
Lion > Cardinals

AMIDOINGITRIGHTORWRONG?
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Vikings > San Francisco
Bears > Rams
Lion > Cardinals

AMIDOINGITRIGHTORWRONG?

If the Vikings are better than the 49ers then why are the 49ers in the Superbowl?

Also not convinced the Packers would beat the Hawks now.

If the Lions can actually get someone to play CB and RB they'll be real good IMO. But...they haven't been able to do that for years now so Razz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
Poster4613 wrote:

49ers > Packers
Seahawks > Vikings/Bears
Rams < Viking/Bears
Cardinals < Lions

Rams have a lot better pieces in place to be better than the Vikes and Bears long term

How so do they have better pieces longterm than the Vikings?

Because Steven Jackson definitely won't retire before Adrian Peterson.

Sarcasm or something.

Steven Jackson isn't that important to our offense. Wouldn't be surprised if he's not back with the Rams next year.

TheROARisBACK wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
Poster4613 wrote:

49ers > Packers
Seahawks > Vikings/Bears
Rams < Viking/Bears
Cardinals < Lions

How so do they have better pieces longterm than the Vikings?

I think the argument can be made. But both teams have a lot of young talent.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
popie70

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the AFC North deserves a shout out:

Ravens: In the Super Bowl and back to back AFC champ games

Bengals: Playoffs 3 of the last 4 years

Steelers: Solid foundation hopefully can replenish their defense

Browns: Very competitive the last few years. Real good of coaches hired. Hopefully they let these coaches stay for a few years to stop the changes every 2-3 years
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the tiers.
Packers and 49ers

Seahawks, Bears, Rams and Vikings are interchangeable

Lions and cardinals.

Right now I would say the West because they have the best team. Chicago is dependent on a new coaching staff so one can scratch them for another year. The Lions should have a new staff but don't so they will continue to fall.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
TheTruth23 wrote:
For some reason I don`t see Seattle improving, based on how far they went atleast. I think that the whole NFC west aside from the 9ers snuck up on teams and got some wins that won`t come as easy next year. Seattle should've lost to the packers and patriots, wouldn`t have made the playoffs. I personally think a healthy rg3 would've beat them by double digits, also.

Scary to think that aside from the AFC north, all nfc divisions are easily better than all AFC

I don't really see how that's possible. And we can play the would of, could of, should of game with any team. The Rams should have won 3 of the games that they lost/tied(DET, SF and Miami). That would have put them at 10-6. They also should have lost 3 games that they won/tied...that would have put them at 6-10.

That's how the NFL works. There will always be close games. I think Seattle should have lost to GB. But sometimes things don't go the way they're supposed to.

I'll say this much, I think the Rams have been really disrespected in this thread. I don't know how good they'll be next year but they're a better team that they're being given credit for. They were an average team this year. They have the potential to be much more next year...and the potential to be much less. We'll see what happens.

i dont see how. Too solid all-around IMO. Just need some play makers on offense....and to cut dahl Laughing
Those were the same things people were saying about the 49ers last year. People on this site tend to not give credit until there is too much evidence to ignore without looking like an idiot. Forget that this was the 1st year they were a great team, Seattle is a great team now and will be going forward. The Rams are getting better, and with a second offseason with Fisher I expect the defense to be even better. With a couple new playmakers on offense and a little improvement on the OL the Rams will be good enough to beat any team in football. The only team that isn't close is the Cardinals, and that is only because it is so hard to find a good QB. If they get a good (or even passable) starting QB, they will be in the conversation as well.

I will say regardless of your answer to the OP. the NFC West is definitely the division other teams least want to see on the schedule. Not only are you unlikely to have a winning record against them, they are going to beat the tar out of you physically.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
nevermore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulger2holt wrote:
The Skins winning the division and beating the Ravens who are in the SB, isn't dominating?

The Ravens were in the middle of their slump having just lost to Charlie Batch the week before. The Redskins' last drive is all you need to know about the condition of that Ravens team.
They had a great season, but let's not resort to using hyperboles here.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
imani wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
TheTruth23 wrote:
For some reason I don`t see Seattle improving, based on how far they went atleast. I think that the whole NFC west aside from the 9ers snuck up on teams and got some wins that won`t come as easy next year. Seattle should've lost to the packers and patriots, wouldn`t have made the playoffs. I personally think a healthy rg3 would've beat them by double digits, also.

Scary to think that aside from the AFC north, all nfc divisions are easily better than all AFC

I don't really see how that's possible. And we can play the would of, could of, should of game with any team. The Rams should have won 3 of the games that they lost/tied(DET, SF and Miami). That would have put them at 10-6. They also should have lost 3 games that they won/tied...that would have put them at 6-10.

That's how the NFL works. There will always be close games. I think Seattle should have lost to GB. But sometimes things don't go the way they're supposed to.

I'll say this much, I think the Rams have been really disrespected in this thread. I don't know how good they'll be next year but they're a better team that they're being given credit for. They were an average team this year. They have the potential to be much more next year...and the potential to be much less. We'll see what happens.

i dont see how. Too solid all-around IMO. Just need some play makers on offense....and to cut dahl Laughing
Those were the same things people were saying about the 49ers last year. People on this site tend to not give credit until there is too much evidence to ignore without looking like an idiot. Forget that this was the 1st year they were a great team, Seattle is a great team now and will be going forward. The Rams are getting better, and with a second offseason with Fisher I expect the defense to be even better. With a couple new playmakers on offense and a little improvement on the OL the Rams will be good enough to beat any team in football. The only team that isn't close is the Cardinals, and that is only because it is so hard to find a good QB. If they get a good (or even passable) starting QB, they will be in the conversation as well.

I will say regardless of your answer to the OP. the NFC West is definitely the division other teams least want to see on the schedule. Not only are you unlikely to have a winning record against them, they are going to beat the tar out of you physically.

Yeah, Just a nasty grind out game. 2nd year for our Defense together. I'm just holding my breath. Too many times has my heart been broken by disappointment. But we didn't have a coach with Fishers pedigree.

BBL
Perfundle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Vikings > San Francisco
Bears > Rams
Lion > Cardinals

AMIDOINGITRIGHTORWRONG?

If you're going by head-to-head, which is seems you are, then you are indeed wrong. Arizona ended their 9-game losing streak by blowing out Detroit.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulger2holt wrote:
OneBadCat wrote:
No, Cards and Rams are way to weak right now.

Rams aren't weak, son. They were undefeated against the 49ers, beat Seattle (almost twice), beat RG3 in Washington.

Sorry to.sound sour but Josh Morgan is the reason we lost that game. And beating teams in your division is great,but division games are always competitive. I wouldnt say the winner is always the better team.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-
imani

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfaninmn wrote:
Look at the tiers.
Packers and 49ers

Seahawks, Bears, Rams and Vikings are interchangeable

Lions and cardinals.

Right now I would say the West because they have the best team. Chicago is dependent on a new coaching staff so one can scratch them for another year. The Lions should have a new staff but don't so they will continue to fall.

The hawks do not belong in that group. Seattle is more complete than the other 3 teams

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: