Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC West = NFL Best?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:
Look at the tiers.
Packers and 49ers

Seahawks, Bears, Rams and Vikings are interchangeable

Lions and cardinals.

Right now I would say the West because they have the best team. Chicago is dependent on a new coaching staff so one can scratch them for another year. The Lions should have a new staff but don't so they will continue to fall.

The hawks do not belong in that group. Seattle is more complete than the other 3 teams

I think they're pretty obviously at least in the Packers' tier. I'd personally go:

1. SF
2. Seattle
3. GB
-
4. Chicago/Minnesota
5. Chicago/Minnesota
-
6. St Louis
-
7. Detroit
8. Arizona

The bottom three teams all have significant potential to jump a tier next season. The top five are very unlikely to have an upward tier movement.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
imani wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:
Look at the tiers.
Packers and 49ers

Seahawks, Bears, Rams and Vikings are interchangeable

Lions and cardinals.

Right now I would say the West because they have the best team. Chicago is dependent on a new coaching staff so one can scratch them for another year. The Lions should have a new staff but don't so they will continue to fall.

The hawks do not belong in that group. Seattle is more complete than the other 3 teams

I think they're pretty obviously at least in the Packers' tier. I'd personally go:

1. SF
2. Seattle
3. GB
-
4. Chicago/Minnesota
5. Chicago/Minnesota
-
6. St Louis
-
7. Detroit
8. Arizona

The bottom three teams all have significant potential to jump a tier next season. The top five are very unlikely to have an upward tier movement.

How is Detriot better than Arizona? Or Minnesota better off than the Rams?
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
OneBadCat wrote:
No, Cards and Rams are way to weak right now.

Rams aren't weak, son. They were undefeated against the 49ers, beat Seattle (almost twice), beat RG3 in Washington.

Sorry to.sound sour but Josh Morgan is the reason we lost that game. And beating teams in your division is great,but division games are always competitive. I wouldnt say the winner is always the better team.

Yeah right, Reffs stole 14 points from us gorgeous. Sjax and Gibson, But how quickly we forget about that. #foh#homeralert

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
OneBadCat wrote:
No, Cards and Rams are way to weak right now.

Rams aren't weak, son. They were undefeated against the 49ers, beat Seattle (almost twice), beat RG3 in Washington.

Sorry to.sound sour but Josh Morgan is the reason we lost that game. And beating teams in your division is great,but division games are always competitive. I wouldnt say the winner is always the better team.

Yeah right, Reffs stole 14 points from us gorgeous. Sjax and Gibson, But how quickly we forget about that. #foh#homeralert

DOnt forget that Bs late hit on RG3...have fun with a REAL schedule next season.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
How is Detriot better than Arizona? Or Minnesota better off than the Rams?

Minnesota was the better team than St Louis this season... pretty clearly... I'm in favor of the NFC West as the best division in the league, anyway. Detroit and Arizona are more or less a wash. Giving Detroit credit for their season last year puts them ahead of the Cardinals, but I watched every Lions game this year and don't think this down season was a fluke at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have the best defensive division for sure but overall im not too sure. probably 3rd. Rams are a year away from making playoffs in my books. Cards have a good defense but their o-line and QB are jokes. I think the NFC North and AFC North are the top 2.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too lazy to read the last couple pages, but I'd definitely take the NFC North over the west next year. 49ers are the best team in the league, but top to bottom the North has nothing but firepower. While the Cardinals and Rams both have good D's, their offenses make me wonder whether or not they can elevate themselves into the playoffs. There literally isn't one team in the North that I can't see making a push next year.

My ranking for the 8:

1. 49ers
2. Pack
3. Seahawks
4. Bears
5. Vikings
6. Rams
7. Lions
8. Cardinals

Both great divisions but the North teams just scare me more, particularly in the regular season.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
They have the best defensive division for sure but overall im not too sure. probably 3rd. Rams are a year away from making playoffs in my books. Cards have a good defense but their o-line and QB are jokes. I think the NFC North and AFC North are the top 2.

Confused

I don't understand.

SF>BAL
SEA>PITT
RAMS=CINCY
AZ=CLE

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Last edited by imani on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took a herculean effort from AP just for the Vikes to squueze in.
Do you expect another 2k season? If he were to repeat then there will be zero doubt in anyone's mind that he's the GOAT.

History will repeat itself IMO, AP won't sniff that season probably ever again. Just go back and see what happened to all those RB's with that huge work load, They suffered greatly.

Christin Ponder Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's all I have to say.

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Confused

I don't understand.

SF>BAL
SEA>PITT
RAMS=CINCY
AZ=CLE

This season you have a case but overall, nope. At their best, AFC North is better. How are the rams=cincy? Rams are not quite there and even despite the AFC being weaker, Cincy are better.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
imani wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Confused

I don't understand.

SF>BAL
SEA>PITT
RAMS=CINCY
AZ=CLE

This season you have a case but overall, nope. At their best, AFC North is better. How are the rams=cincy? Rams are not quite there and even despite the AFC being weaker, Cincy are better.

Better Coach
Better QB
Better RB Corp/Run Game
Equal Defensively, but Better Corners

Going into next year the rams will be toting 2 first AND 2nd round picks added to their roster, which is already full of young talent. They have a very solid young nucleus. I'd take the home team head-to-head, but the rams on a neutral field

Rams will be better next year

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Blink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't go crazy if the NFCW isn't as all powerful next season. Wilson and Kaep are both going to have to avoid the infamous sophomore slump(Kaep is essentially a rookie starter) deny the possibility all you want but we've seen it time and time again. If any of the defenses regress they don't exactly have explosive offenses to make up for it. I think its a crazy tough division, but like usual, people are over reacting.

As much as I think the Bears will regress without Lovie that's still an extremely talented team. Keep the defense on the level and keep Cutler alive, they can beat anyone. Solid superbowl contender as of right now.

Vikings are an extremely under rated team. Harrison Smith really solidified that secondary overall, and they have some solid corners as well. Front four on D is a really good unit IMO, a good draft could do wonders. Go ahead and doubt Adrian, I'm not sure how you could even do that after the season he just had. Playoff contender, a good draft/FA could make them a legit SB contender.

Lions are a mess, but an extremely talented mess. Stafford to Calvin alone makes them better than Arizona. Suh and Fairley can be a dominant tandem, and oh yeah they're picking near the top of the draft again. This team could go 3 and 13 or 13 and 3, still better than the Cards.

Packers are the Packers. SB contender, MVP QB, elite WRs, CM3, etc...if TT can have another good draft this team is poised to take another championship run.

9ers
Packers
Seahawks
Bears
Vikings
Rams
Lions
Cards

That's how I see the rankings, 9ers are the best team but Bears/Vikings make the NFCN more well rounded. Extremely close divisions right now, but I honestly am more afraid of the NFCN overall. All four teams make me nervous, where only 2 in the NFCW scare me as of right now.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poster4613 wrote:
I give NFC West a slight advantage for being top heavy. I am really hesitant to say Lions > Cards. I think with an average QB and a below average o-line the Cards are a borderline playoff team. That is a nasty defense and they did go like 4-0 with a win over the Patriots to start the year.

While I don't neccessarily agree, the most relevant point would be the fact that Cardinals blew the Lions out in the 2012 season.

NFC West went 7-9 vs the NFC North in 2012 too.
Perfundle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:
If any of the [NFC West] defenses regress they don't exactly have explosive offenses to make up for it. I think its a crazy tough division, but like usual, people are over reacting.

Keep the defense on the level and keep Cutler alive, they can beat anyone.

Quote:
Wilson and Kaep are both going to have to avoid the infamous sophomore slump(Kaep is essentially a rookie starter) deny the possibility all you want but we've seen it time and time again.

Go ahead and doubt Adrian, I'm not sure how you could even do that after the season he just had.

Quote:
Suh and Fairley can be a dominant tandem
if TT can have another good draft

Well, yes, if you assume the worst possible scenario for the NFC West and the best possible scenario for the NFC North then certainly the NFC North is better. You can make any division look better than any other division, in fact.

Quote:
Don't go crazy if the NFCW isn't as all powerful next season.

I don't know what the criteria of being "all powerful" is, but I just read through the thread again. The most that any one poster is predicting is a very strong division, stronger than the NFC North. Considering that the two division ended up with the same number of wins this year (counting ties as half-wins), it seems to be a reasonable prediction.

Finally:

Quote:
If any of the defenses regress they don't exactly have explosive offenses to make up for it.

St. Louis and Arizona don't right now, but Seattle and San Francisco's offenses are just as powerful as Green Bay's. They might not be able to score as fast, but they're just as efficient.
Blink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said these things will happen, or that the NFCN is better. Just thought it was a bit silly for everyone to automatically assume the NFCW keeps getting better or that its even the best right now.

I'm not even going to bother addressing the absolutely insane notion that Seattle and SF have as good of offenses as GB. That's just trolling.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: