Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC West = NFL Best?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:
Don't go crazy if the NFCW isn't as all powerful next season. Wilson and Kaep are both going to have to avoid the infamous sophomore slump(Kaep is essentially a rookie starter) deny the possibility all you want but we've seen it time and time again.
Why do people not realize that 1st year starting does NOT make a person "essentially a rookie". He got to sit and learn for a year and a half, and then forced his way onto the field with his play. Was Rodgers essentially a rookie when he took over for Favre? No, he was a first time starter with extensive training, development, and knowledge of his offensive system.

Also to another point in your post, you seem to be caught in the past with regards to the offenses in this division. Seattle and SF have taken giant steps towards being top offenses in football this year, both throwing and running. STL is only a piece or two away from having a very good offense as well (Richardson is the real deal at RB). Even if (I want to say it is impossible but I will settle with unlikely) the defenses take a step back and the offenses don't get better, they will still be 8-12 win teams. (Rams lower end in that scenario with SEA and SF at the high end) Get AZ a competent QB and a health OL and top to bottom this division will be head and shoulders above most and at the very top of the league.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
Perfundle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:
Just thought it was a bit silly for everyone to automatically assume the NFCW keeps getting better or that its even the best right now.

Well then, it's a good thing that "everyone" isn't automatically assuming that, isn't it?

Quote:
I'm not even going to bother addressing the absolutely insane notion that Seattle and SF have as good of offenses as GB. That's just trolling.

I see.

Yards per drive

Seattle: 34.37 (6th)
Green Bay: 33.01 (12th)
San Francisco: 32.71 (13th)

Points per drive

Seattle: 2.30 (7th)
Green Bay: 2.26 (8th)
San Francisco: 2.16 (9th)

Personally, I think the job of an offense is to score as many points per drive as possible. Having more drives per game so that your overall point total is inflated does not automatically make you a better offense. Now, a team like New England does the latter, but it also does the former at the best rate in the league, so that's all right.

Just because Green bay hasn't had a fruitful running game since their Super Bowl run doesn't mean that you can't recognize highly-balanced run-dominant offenses when you see it.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
OneBadCat wrote:
No, Cards and Rams are way to weak right now.

Rams aren't weak, son. They were undefeated against the 49ers, beat Seattle (almost twice), beat RG3 in Washington.

Sorry to.sound sour but Josh Morgan is the reason we lost that game. And beating teams in your division is great,but division games are always competitive. I wouldnt say the winner is always the better team.

So you lost. Good to know. And I don't want to hear any whining considering the refs gifted you guys 15 points.

And before you try to claim otherwise:
Took a Brandon Gibson TD off the board by saying he was out of bounds...we settled for a FG
Took a Steven Jackson TD off the board by saying he was down before he got in...we settled for a FG
Called a bogus personal foul on a 3rd down you didn't convert to keep your drive alive...you scored a TD on that drive

We were easily the better team on that day. And we would have beaten you at the end of the year too.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: