You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Joe Flacco's Legacy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hammertime52


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 15140
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is a joke. Joe Flaccos Legacy? Really?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19907
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
If he wins the SuperBowl, he's Eli Manning; good regular season QB who just elevates to the next level in the playoffs.


Lets not get carried away. He was outstanding today, and this could be the game that takes him to a different level, but lets not act like Flacco wasn't carried by his team early in his career. I mean the Ravens won a playoff game with Flacco going 4-10 for 34 yards and a pick.
Sure, and in the last 3 years Flacco has been outstanding in the playoffs. So we can hold the fact that 1-AA QB Joe Flacco wasn't ready for primetime as a rookie, but played anyway b/c he was the best on the roster against him, or we can acknowledge that he's GROWN EVERY YEAR AS A PLAYER.

Eli wasn't fortunate enough to make the playoffs every year when he first started, otherwise he probably would have similar results early on as well.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kmvoss


Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2223
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carnageehw wrote:
Also, those blaming Cam Cameron are somewhat vindicated.

No kidding, that move no doubt is what put us in a realistic position to advance to the SB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91jmay


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 29949
Location: Wonderland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
If he wins the SuperBowl, he's Eli Manning; good regular season QB who just elevates to the next level in the playoffs.


Lets not get carried away. He was outstanding today, and this could be the game that takes him to a different level, but lets not act like Flacco wasn't carried by his team early in his career. I mean the Ravens won a playoff game with Flacco going 4-10 for 34 yards and a pick.


Whilst Eli is a great QB he has only scored over 24 points once in a playoff game. Lets not pretend he has been sticking the Giants solely on his back
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
lionslicer


Joined: 06 Nov 2010
Posts: 1820
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flacco's legacy when he retires will be his 5 super bowl rings
_________________
Kickers are people too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 53676
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
If he wins the SuperBowl, he's Eli Manning; good regular season QB who just elevates to the next level in the playoffs.


Lets not get carried away. He was outstanding today, and this could be the game that takes him to a different level, but lets not act like Flacco wasn't carried by his team early in his career. I mean the Ravens won a playoff game with Flacco going 4-10 for 34 yards and a pick.


Whilst Eli is a great QB he has only scored over 24 points once in a playoff game. Lets not pretend he has been sticking the Giants solely on his back


I should clarify I wasn't really focusing on the Eli comparison. Merely on this whole new, "Joe Flacco elevates his game to another level in the playoffs," deal that seems to have started. He had a great game today, he's had a few good ones in the past, and a few bad ones. Nothing really to show he elevates his game in the playoffs.
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

D#######
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 26253
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Reminds me of Kurt Warner.

?

Like many have said, if he win a SB then I'd say he is viewed on the same level as Eli as far as legacy, obviously a little lower due to Eli having 2. Inconsistent in regular season, turns it on in postseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 33730
Location: Hashtag BirdCity
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
If he wins the SuperBowl, he's Eli Manning; good regular season QB who just elevates to the next level in the playoffs.


Lets not get carried away. He was outstanding today, and this could be the game that takes him to a different level, but lets not act like Flacco wasn't carried by his team early in his career. I mean the Ravens won a playoff game with Flacco going 4-10 for 34 yards and a pick.


Whilst Eli is a great QB he has only scored over 24 points once in a playoff game. Lets not pretend he has been sticking the Giants solely on his back


I should clarify I wasn't really focusing on the Eli comparison. Merely on this whole new, "Joe Flacco elevates his game to another level in the playoffs," deal that seems to have started. He had a great game today, he's had a few good ones in the past, and a few bad ones. Nothing really to show he elevates his game in the playoffs.


Yep. Except, you know, the last 3 years. But hey, let's instead focus on his first 2 seasons in the league because those are a lot more important than the last 3.
_________________


[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 49984
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he wins, he's Eli Manning
If he wins and continues winning, he's Ben Roethlisberger
If he loses, he's Donovan McNabb
If he loses and never gets back here, he's... Donovan McNabb
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Status: Emergent
#OnToBaltimore
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
LikesHAM


Joined: 14 May 2012
Posts: 2197
Location: St Louis
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flacco is the anti Romo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 53676
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
If he wins the SuperBowl, he's Eli Manning; good regular season QB who just elevates to the next level in the playoffs.


Lets not get carried away. He was outstanding today, and this could be the game that takes him to a different level, but lets not act like Flacco wasn't carried by his team early in his career. I mean the Ravens won a playoff game with Flacco going 4-10 for 34 yards and a pick.


Whilst Eli is a great QB he has only scored over 24 points once in a playoff game. Lets not pretend he has been sticking the Giants solely on his back


I should clarify I wasn't really focusing on the Eli comparison. Merely on this whole new, "Joe Flacco elevates his game to another level in the playoffs," deal that seems to have started. He had a great game today, he's had a few good ones in the past, and a few bad ones. Nothing really to show he elevates his game in the playoffs.


Yep. Except, you know, the last 3 years. But hey, let's instead focus on his first 2 seasons in the league because those are a lot more important than the last 3.


3 years ago? He was awful down the stretch against Pitt in the loss.

He's been very good the last 2 seasons though, and was GREAT today.

Fun fact: Jake Delhomme for a long while had like the best or 2nd QB rating in NFL history. People loved to bring that up and called him a great playoff QB. Nobody will remember this guy. The point? Flacco still has a lot of work to do.
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

D#######
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rejuvenation


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 1772
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is turning into the AFC's version of Eli right now. Inconsistent regular-season play but above-average to great post-season play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 26253
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
If he wins, he's Eli Manning
If he wins and continues winning, he's Ben Roethlisberger
If he loses, he's Donovan McNabb
If he loses and never gets back here, he's... Donovan McNabb


What if he loses, and then wins next year?.... DonEli McManning!?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redsoxsuck05


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 9628
Location: LI
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
If he wins the SuperBowl, he's Eli Manning; good regular season QB who just elevates to the next level in the playoffs.


Lets not get carried away. He was outstanding today, and this could be the game that takes him to a different level, but lets not act like Flacco wasn't carried by his team early in his career. I mean the Ravens won a playoff game with Flacco going 4-10 for 34 yards and a pick.


Whilst Eli is a great QB he has only scored over 24 points once in a playoff game. Lets not pretend he has been sticking the Giants solely on his back


Let's not ignore his numbers in favor of arbitrary point cutoffs either.
_________________



aceinthehouse wrote:
"I made this topic post because none of my crap comes true."


Last edited by redsoxsuck05 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crazydom


Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Posts: 74
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flacco's career so far has been eerily similar to Roethlisberger's without the early Super Bowl win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group