You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Joe Flacco's Legacy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is a joke. Joe Flaccos Legacy? Really?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
If he wins the SuperBowl, he's Eli Manning; good regular season QB who just elevates to the next level in the playoffs.

Lets not get carried away. He was outstanding today, and this could be the game that takes him to a different level, but lets not act like Flacco wasn't carried by his team early in his career. I mean the Ravens won a playoff game with Flacco going 4-10 for 34 yards and a pick.
Sure, and in the last 3 years Flacco has been outstanding in the playoffs. So we can hold the fact that 1-AA QB Joe Flacco wasn't ready for primetime as a rookie, but played anyway b/c he was the best on the roster against him, or we can acknowledge that he's GROWN EVERY YEAR AS A PLAYER.

Eli wasn't fortunate enough to make the playoffs every year when he first started, otherwise he probably would have similar results early on as well.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
kmvoss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carnageehw wrote:
Also, those blaming Cam Cameron are somewhat vindicated.

No kidding, that move no doubt is what put us in a realistic position to advance to the SB.
91jmay

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
If he wins the SuperBowl, he's Eli Manning; good regular season QB who just elevates to the next level in the playoffs.

Lets not get carried away. He was outstanding today, and this could be the game that takes him to a different level, but lets not act like Flacco wasn't carried by his team early in his career. I mean the Ravens won a playoff game with Flacco going 4-10 for 34 yards and a pick.

Whilst Eli is a great QB he has only scored over 24 points once in a playoff game. Lets not pretend he has been sticking the Giants solely on his back
lionslicer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flacco's legacy when he retires will be his 5 super bowl rings
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Whilst Eli is a great QB he has only scored over 24 points once in a playoff game. Lets not pretend he has been sticking the Giants solely on his back

I should clarify I wasn't really focusing on the Eli comparison. Merely on this whole new, "Joe Flacco elevates his game to another level in the playoffs," deal that seems to have started. He had a great game today, he's had a few good ones in the past, and a few bad ones. Nothing really to show he elevates his game in the playoffs.

D#######
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Reminds me of Kurt Warner.

?

Like many have said, if he win a SB then I'd say he is viewed on the same level as Eli as far as legacy, obviously a little lower due to Eli having 2. Inconsistent in regular season, turns it on in postseason.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

I should clarify I wasn't really focusing on the Eli comparison. Merely on this whole new, "Joe Flacco elevates his game to another level in the playoffs," deal that seems to have started. He had a great game today, he's had a few good ones in the past, and a few bad ones. Nothing really to show he elevates his game in the playoffs.

Yep. Except, you know, the last 3 years. But hey, let's instead focus on his first 2 seasons in the league because those are a lot more important than the last 3.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he wins, he's Eli Manning
If he wins and continues winning, he's Ben Roethlisberger
If he loses, he's Donovan McNabb
If he loses and never gets back here, he's... Donovan McNabb

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
#OnToBaltimore
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flacco is the anti Romo.
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Yep. Except, you know, the last 3 years. But hey, let's instead focus on his first 2 seasons in the league because those are a lot more important than the last 3.

3 years ago? He was awful down the stretch against Pitt in the loss.

He's been very good the last 2 seasons though, and was GREAT today.

Fun fact: Jake Delhomme for a long while had like the best or 2nd QB rating in NFL history. People loved to bring that up and called him a great playoff QB. Nobody will remember this guy. The point? Flacco still has a lot of work to do.

D#######
Rejuvenation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is turning into the AFC's version of Eli right now. Inconsistent regular-season play but above-average to great post-season play.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
If he wins, he's Eli Manning
If he wins and continues winning, he's Ben Roethlisberger
If he loses, he's Donovan McNabb
If he loses and never gets back here, he's... Donovan McNabb

What if he loses, and then wins next year?.... DonEli McManning!?
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Let's not ignore his numbers in favor of arbitrary point cutoffs either.

aceinthehouse wrote:
"I made this topic post because none of my crap comes true."

Last edited by redsoxsuck05 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
crazydom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flacco's career so far has been eerily similar to Roethlisberger's without the early Super Bowl win.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: