Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Joe Flacco's Legacy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 45841
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________


mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 43727
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mossburg wrote:


Flacco lobbed a duck against the Steelers that played a huge role in the Steelers coming back. He did put together a good drive and Boldin dropped a big catch late. Either way, the Ravens scored 3 pts in the 2nd half and Flacco's most significant play was a lobbed duck with great hope after which the Steelers tied the game. Anything else you want me to watch?

Also, Delhomme was never a comparison. Just pointing out a fun fact. If Flacco doesn't play well in the SB, we'll see Flacco is a choker thread. Just saying he needs more game like today to say "he elevates his game to a new level in the playoffs." If Flacco "elevates his game to a new level in the playoffs" that makes him a better QB than Mannig, Brady, and assloads of other elites who never elevated their game to a new level in the playoffs.

It's just the flavor of the moment. The vast majority of this forum, and all fans in general, are prisoners of the moment. Happens all the time.
I really don't think you understand what we are saying, we aren't saying Flacco gets to some ungodly level that has never been seen before in playoffs. We are saying that his game gets to a higher level in the playoffs than in the regular season, like Eli Manning.


No, I understand. He does it in a few games while not in others. Nothing out of the ordinary for a good QB. You guys make it seem like too big a deal. Today could give Flacco immense confidence and he could be a different player. The reason I brought up Delhomme is because that's what everyone said about him.
That's just simply not true, there are a lot of good regular season QBs who don't elevate their game in the post season (Matt Ryan being the easiest one to site right now). Its a special quality.


List those a a lot. Russel Wilson must be the biggest clutch monster of all time in the making.
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

EFF YOUR FANTASY TEAM, I HOPE YOU LOSE

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19338
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mossburg wrote:


Flacco lobbed a duck against the Steelers that played a huge role in the Steelers coming back. He did put together a good drive and Boldin dropped a big catch late. Either way, the Ravens scored 3 pts in the 2nd half and Flacco's most significant play was a lobbed duck with great hope after which the Steelers tied the game. Anything else you want me to watch?

Also, Delhomme was never a comparison. Just pointing out a fun fact. If Flacco doesn't play well in the SB, we'll see Flacco is a choker thread. Just saying he needs more game like today to say "he elevates his game to a new level in the playoffs." If Flacco "elevates his game to a new level in the playoffs" that makes him a better QB than Mannig, Brady, and assloads of other elites who never elevated their game to a new level in the playoffs.

It's just the flavor of the moment. The vast majority of this forum, and all fans in general, are prisoners of the moment. Happens all the time.
I really don't think you understand what we are saying, we aren't saying Flacco gets to some ungodly level that has never been seen before in playoffs. We are saying that his game gets to a higher level in the playoffs than in the regular season, like Eli Manning.


No, I understand. He does it in a few games while not in others. Nothing out of the ordinary for a good QB. You guys make it seem like too big a deal. Today could give Flacco immense confidence and he could be a different player. The reason I brought up Delhomme is because that's what everyone said about him.
That's just simply not true, there are a lot of good regular season QBs who don't elevate their game in the post season (Matt Ryan being the easiest one to site right now). Its a special quality.


List the "many". Look how many QBs "elevated" their game. Russel Wilson must be the biggest clutch monster in the making of all time.
RW played phenomenally, there is no doubt, but that doesn't make it common place. The fact is more QBs struggle in the postseason than succeed. Donovan McNabb, Brett Favre, Tony Romo, Jim Kelly, etc... There are not a whole lot of QBs who simply play BETTER when there is more pressure. Flacco is one of those QBs now. He's earned it. This isn't the first real good game he's had in the postseason. He's been doing it for 3 years. Hell last year if Lee Evans doesn't drop a perfect pass he has the Ravens in the SuperBowl. This year he didn't leave any doubt.

Why is it so hard for some to acknowledge a player they don't like did well? I can't stand Aaron Rodgers b/c he kicks my teams behind, I still have no issues acknowledging him as the best in the biz.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 43727
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mossburg wrote:


Flacco lobbed a duck against the Steelers that played a huge role in the Steelers coming back. He did put together a good drive and Boldin dropped a big catch late. Either way, the Ravens scored 3 pts in the 2nd half and Flacco's most significant play was a lobbed duck with great hope after which the Steelers tied the game. Anything else you want me to watch?

Also, Delhomme was never a comparison. Just pointing out a fun fact. If Flacco doesn't play well in the SB, we'll see Flacco is a choker thread. Just saying he needs more game like today to say "he elevates his game to a new level in the playoffs." If Flacco "elevates his game to a new level in the playoffs" that makes him a better QB than Mannig, Brady, and assloads of other elites who never elevated their game to a new level in the playoffs.

It's just the flavor of the moment. The vast majority of this forum, and all fans in general, are prisoners of the moment. Happens all the time.
I really don't think you understand what we are saying, we aren't saying Flacco gets to some ungodly level that has never been seen before in playoffs. We are saying that his game gets to a higher level in the playoffs than in the regular season, like Eli Manning.


No, I understand. He does it in a few games while not in others. Nothing out of the ordinary for a good QB. You guys make it seem like too big a deal. Today could give Flacco immense confidence and he could be a different player. The reason I brought up Delhomme is because that's what everyone said about him.
That's just simply not true, there are a lot of good regular season QBs who don't elevate their game in the post season (Matt Ryan being the easiest one to site right now). Its a special quality.


List the "many". Look how many QBs "elevated" their game. Russel Wilson must be the biggest clutch monster in the making of all time.
RW played phenomenally, there is no doubt, but that doesn't make it common place. The fact is more QBs struggle in the postseason than succeed. Donovan McNabb, Brett Favre, Tony Romo, Jim Kelly, etc... There are not a whole lot of QBs who simply play BETTER when there is more pressure. Flacco is one of those QBs now. He's earned it. This isn't the first real good game he's had in the postseason. He's been doing it for 3 years. Hell last year if Lee Evans doesn't drop a perfect pass he has the Ravens in the SuperBowl. This year he didn't leave any doubt.

Why is it so hard for some to acknowledge a player they don't like did well? I can't stand Aaron Rodgers b/c he kicks my teams behind, I still have no issues acknowledging him as the best in the biz.


McNabb never really "struggled" in the playoffs. Favre too. Both guys had good games and bad games, just like Joe Flacco. Like I said, today may have been a pivotal point in Joe's career. But I'm not going to say he elevates his game in the playoffs when half of the games he hasn't. He's been fortunate to be playing for a consistently good team so he can rack up tons of playoff experience, which in the end could lead him to being an amazing QB. It happened to Brady too, just he tasted success right away.

Just saying, lets not get carried away. If he sucks 2 weeks from now, he'll be a choker. Laughing
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

EFF YOUR FANTASY TEAM, I HOPE YOU LOSE

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
silus


Joined: 09 Aug 2007
Posts: 1908
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flacco's play should put all these commentators and pundits on notice. We already saw last year that Flacco came through strong when it mattered, but because the game was lost, people found some way to forget that and subsequently shat on him this past regular season.

The people that just started giving him credit this post season...smh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 43727
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I did find it funny how Boomer Esiason was stroking Brady's wiener so hard before the game as if it was a given that the Pats will be victorious.
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

EFF YOUR FANTASY TEAM, I HOPE YOU LOSE

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
twslhs20


Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 12596
Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New contract. What's he worth?
_________________

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ConvenientTruth


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 17087
Location: Taco Bell
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flacco is the man, I tried to tell y'all but you wouldn't listen
_________________


Last edited by ConvenientTruth on Fri December 21, 2012 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheSphinx


Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 635
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
He cemented himself as financially secure after this win.


Pretty much this. Hard for Ravens not to loosen up the purse strings now.

-TS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
janky


Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 492
Location: Bird land
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConvenientTruth wrote:
Flacco is the man, I tried to tell y'all but you wouldn't listen


Somebody listen to this man, man Cool
_________________
Matt Ryan ? No
Flacco. Yes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ConvenientTruth


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 17087
Location: Taco Bell
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janky wrote:
ConvenientTruth wrote:
Flacco is the man, I tried to tell y'all but you wouldn't listen


Somebody listen to this man Cool


My GOAT thread

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=181362
_________________


Last edited by ConvenientTruth on Fri December 21, 2012 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rygar


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 1088
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
New contract. What's he worth?


Enough to make them unable to extend other important players in the future, hopefully.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 23209
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Flacco lobbed a duck against the Steelers that played a huge role in the Steelers coming back. He did put together a good drive and Boldin dropped a big catch late. Either way, the Ravens scored 3 pts in the 2nd half and Flacco's most significant play was a lobbed duck with great hope after which the Steelers tied the game. Anything else you want me to watch?


Yes, like more than just that one play. And more than just that 1 play in 1 game in the last 3 post-seasons. It's clear you have an agenda and would rather cover your eyes/ears and say "lalalala" rather than being objective and actually watching the game(s).

Quote:
Also, Delhomme was never a comparison. Just pointing out a fun fact. If Flacco doesn't play well in the SB, we'll see Flacco is a choker thread. Just saying he needs more game like today to say "he elevates his game to a new level in the playoffs." If Flacco "elevates his game to a new level in the playoffs" that makes him a better QB than Mannig, Brady, and assloads of other elites who never elevated their game to a new level in the playoffs.


No, elevating his game doesn't mean that in the slightest. It simply means that he plays better and more consistent in the playoffs than he does in the regular season. Stop reading more into it than that.

Quote:
It's just the flavor of the moment. The vast majority of this forum, and all fans in general, are prisoners of the moment. Happens all the time.


I would agree about the flavor of the moment thing of the forum, but the sentiment that Flacco raises his play in the playoffs isn't just a "moment" thing. If people were claiming Flacco is all of the sudden a top 5 QB, then I'd agree. But the statement of "Flacco elevates his play in the playoffs" is an undisputed fact backed with 3 years of post season games as evidence.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 23209
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
New contract. What's he worth?


Roughly the same thing he was worth before these playoffs. He certainly made himself some money, but 3 games isn't going to make Ozzie throw money at him.

Something similar to Eli's deal, maybe slightly more due to timing.

Eli got 7 years, $106M which averages $15.2M a year.

I could see Flacco getting 6 years, $96M ($16M/year) , though I'm sure his agent will push for the contract to say $100M+ so maybe a team option for a 7th year or some unlikely to be earned incentives to push it over the $100M mark.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 50400
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
New contract. What's he worth?


Roughly the same thing he was worth before these playoffs. He certainly made himself some money, but 3 games isn't going to make Ozzie throw money at him.

Something similar to Eli's deal, maybe slightly more due to timing.

Eli got 7 years, $106M which averages $15.2M a year.

I could see Flacco getting 6 years, $96M ($16M/year) , though I'm sure his agent will push for the contract to say $100M+ so maybe a team option for a 7th year or some unlikely to be earned incentives to push it over the $100M mark.


This is confusing.

First you say he is worth the same as he was before, but then say he is worth Eli money? Before, he wasnt really worth that.

Then you say it wont make Ozzie throw money at him, yet you still have them making Flacco one of the higest paid players in the league?

Not trying to be difficult, but I dont get the logic.
_________________

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group