Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bernard Pollard = Patriots enemy #1
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mustang_9333


Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 43
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Bernard Pollard = Patriots enemy #1 Reply with quote

They mentioned this in the telecast. You can't say that the Pats wouldn't have lost these games if none of these events happened, but I'm sure it played some role. Nuts.

2008 - Brady knee injury , Pats miss playoffs
2009 - Welker torn ACL & MCL, Pats lose to Ravens in first round w/o Welker
2012 playoffs - Gronkowski sprained ankle , Pats lose to Giants in Superbowl w/ Gronk playing hurt
2013 playoffs - head injury to Stevan Ridley causing a fumble, Pats lose to Ravens
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaidersAreOne


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 9243
Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah. Shocked
_________________

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NS922


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 7702
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats better not sign him in the future
_________________
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been saying this every time his team plays the Pats. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AJG


Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Posts: 690
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
Pats better not sign him in the future


Yea, he might injure himself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralTso


Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 7239
Location: Props to Rase on Sig
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He single-handedly ended 2 of the Pats' seasons.

Never seen a player that could cause injury like this guy... whether it's intentional or not though is another issue.
_________________

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, [Mike] Wallace would be like 4th fastest on the Raiders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22836
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard that too doing the broadcast after the Ridley FB. Laughing
_________________

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Token


Joined: 16 Aug 2012
Posts: 64
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually starting to get a little scary how consistent he's been.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NYGiantsman10


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 9972
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Token wrote:
It's actually starting to get a little scary how consistent he's been.


This is like the fourth incident. It's starting to freak me out Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 43211
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's the NFL's Hero! A hero. Not the hero we deserved but the hero we needed.

He took the the villans of the NFL out.
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NS922


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 7702
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJG wrote:
NS922 wrote:
Pats better not sign him in the future


Yea, he might injure himself.


Or everybody at practice

He might run them over with a cart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZNcZwGrTXo
_________________
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArodFanboy


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 4547
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pollard could always hit like a truck, he just seems to save his strongest shots for New England for whatever reason. Laughing I'd be livid if I was a Pat's fan. Dudes a one man wrecking crew against them.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DolphWins


Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 1534
Location: Nashville
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
He's the NFL's Hero! A hero. Not the hero we deserved but the hero we needed.

He took the the villans of the NFL out.


Batman approves.
_________________


Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
11 Rush - 59 Yards - 5.4 Avg - 1 TD [] 4 Rec - 19 Yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38130
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Bernard Pollard = Patriots enemy #1 Reply with quote

mustang_9333 wrote:
They mentioned this in the telecast. You can't say that the Pats wouldn't have lost these games if none of these events happened, but I'm sure it played some role. Nuts.

2009 - Welker torn ACL & MCL, Pats lose to Ravens in first round w/o Welker


I think Bernard Pollard is given unfair hate for this one; This was when Pollard was with the Texans, and he was in the general vicinity of Welker when Welker's knee gave way. He didn't even touch Welker on the play, the turf was less than stellar (not the worst field in the league as Belicheck stated, but not great) and Welker had an RG III moment when trying to cut.

Now, if you wanna say that if Pollard wasn't standing in that 5-10 yard radius, Welker wouldn't need to cut, and his knee would of been fine...but that's a mighty big stretch there.
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
GaTechRavens


Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 17638
Location: Madison, WI
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Bernard Pollard = Patriots enemy #1 Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
mustang_9333 wrote:
They mentioned this in the telecast. You can't say that the Pats wouldn't have lost these games if none of these events happened, but I'm sure it played some role. Nuts.

2009 - Welker torn ACL & MCL, Pats lose to Ravens in first round w/o Welker


I think Bernard Pollard is given unfair hate for this one; This was when Pollard was with the Texans, and he was in the general vicinity of Welker when Welker's knee gave way. He didn't even touch Welker on the play, the turf was less than stellar (not the worst field in the league as Belicheck stated, but not great) and Welker had an RG III moment when trying to cut.

Now, if you wanna say that if Pollard wasn't standing in that 5-10 yard radius, Welker wouldn't need to cut, and his knee would of been fine...but that's a mighty big stretch there.


I'm just saying, you could have used him last week.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group