Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bernard Pollard = Patriots enemy #1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton wrote:
JMG wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
Could never wish an injury on anyone, even though I hate the Patriots.

Have to say though, I'd love it if Pollard wore a Jets jersey.

Oh I do wish injury upon Tom Brady. That's for sure.

And boy would I love if Pollard was a Jet. One of my favorite safeties in the league.

Pure class.

Yeah, kinda a classless comment. Wishing injury upon any player is pretty bad.
Ether

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
There are some pretty disgusting posts in this thread, joking or not.

you think some of these posts are bad? walk into any non-patriot fans household after that Ridley hit & see how concerned we were for his well being (maybe like a jets fans house for example)

spoiler alert: we don't care.

the average 'casual' fan (97% of fans) watch this game for those kind of hits... same reason that same type of fan watches racing for the wrecks

some of you guys are way too sensitive. but i would expect that from a fan of the opposing team whose player got ragdolled

No pretty much everybody I was watching with realized it looked like a potentially serious situation and was mostly shocked and were hoping to see a sign of life from the dude. It's one thing to enjoy seeing violent collisions where everybody gets up or the guy is actually moving after. There is something pretty universally unsettling when a player gets put out cold. I don't really know any sensible people over the age of 16 who enjoy seeing somebody decapitated.

Also the Pollard "Patriot killer" moniker is stupid. He's not dirty, he's a hitter but none of those injuries minus the Ridley one were hits. Guy accidentally rolls up on people's legs lot...I don't see what's so glorifying or even interesting about it.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
Uh. I've never once rooted or cheered an injury to any player on any team. If anyone does, then I probably don't think much of them.

They're playing football. Not defending our human rights. It's just a game, no one deserves to get hurt. No one watches football to see people get hurt, either. Your whole post was just nonsense.

I doubt anyone is happy to see anyone hurt, just making fun of the fact that this seems to happen every time.

Dont take it so seriously.

"The more hurt Patriots, the better"

Yeah, cute fun.

You're taking this way too seriously, brah. Chill.
Suriously, take it in stride, Patriots fans. Only the greatest of teams will receive comments like this (although they may be somewhat borderline) because they are just that. . . the best.

It still doesn't make it okay. I have a sense of humor, I get what people are saying, it's just not funny to make jokes about wishing or being happy that athletes got hurt because you don't like their team.

ELRammy
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
driftwood wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
There are some pretty disgusting posts in this thread, joking or not.

you think some of these posts are bad? walk into any non-patriot fans household after that Ridley hit & see how concerned we were for his well being (maybe like a jets fans house for example)

spoiler alert: we don't care.

the average 'casual' fan (97% of fans) watch this game for those kind of hits... same reason that same type of fan watches racing for the wrecks

some of you guys are way too sensitive. but i would expect that from a fan of the opposing team whose player got ragdolled

No pretty much everybody I was watching with realized it looked like a potentially serious situation and was mostly shocked and were hoping to see a sign of life from the dude. It's one thing to enjoy seeing violent collisions where everybody gets up or the guy is actually moving after. There is something pretty universally unsettling when a player gets put out cold. I don't really know any sensible people over the age of 16 who enjoy seeing somebody decapitated.

Also the Pollard "Patriot killer" moniker is stupid. He's not dirty, he's a hitter but none of those injuries minus the Ridley one were hits. Guy accidentally rolls up on people's legs lot...I don't see what's so glorifying or even interesting about it.

What's interesting about it is the fact that the same guy always seems to be involved. Yes, some people are joking about him being a "Patriot Killer" and that's not quite true. But you have to see the sheer coincidence that on 4 major injuries for the Patriots, Bernard Pollard has been right there for them despite playing for 3 different teams.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Dalton wrote:
JMG wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
Could never wish an injury on anyone, even though I hate the Patriots.

Have to say though, I'd love it if Pollard wore a Jets jersey.

Oh I do wish injury upon Tom Brady. That's for sure.

And boy would I love if Pollard was a Jet. One of my favorite safeties in the league.

Pure class.

Yeah, kinda a classless comment. Wishing injury upon any player is pretty bad.

You want me to lie about it?

Also, it's not like I'm the first guy on this site to say he wishin injury upon Brady. I believe I saw jrry32 do it, and a couple others as of late. I don't know why it's a sin to wish and injury upon a player. It's not like I'm begging for him to blowout his knee. I just would like if he broke his right pointer finger or something like that.

Classless, no. You are over reacting.

[]_[] Family
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
Uh. I've never once rooted or cheered an injury to any player on any team. If anyone does, then I probably don't think much of them.

They're playing football. Not defending our human rights. It's just a game, no one deserves to get hurt. No one watches football to see people get hurt, either. Your whole post was just nonsense.

I doubt anyone is happy to see anyone hurt, just making fun of the fact that this seems to happen every time.

Yeah, cute fun.

Suriously, take it in stride, Patriots fans. Only the greatest of teams will receive comments like this (although they may be somewhat borderline) because they are just that. . . the best.

It still doesn't make it okay. I have a sense of humor, I get what people are saying, it's just not funny to make jokes about wishing or being happy that athletes got hurt because you don't like their team.

Then you're completely missing the comedy in all of this, and I'm truly sorry about that.

None of us are wishing injury upon Patriots players - just laughing at the fact that it seems like whoever Bernard Pollard touches gets injured Laughing

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
neezy007

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:

Yeah, cute fun.

Then you're completely missing the comedy in all of this, and I'm truly sorry about that.

None of us are wishing injury upon Patriots players - just laughing at the fact that it seems like whoever Bernard Pollard touches gets injured Laughing

We don't mind when he touches patriot players either. Wink
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:

Yeah, cute fun.

Yea, it's like a scene out of a movie when the cop/detective/hero is trying to piece together 4 seemingly unrelated murders, then notices the same shady character in a photograph of each. Just strange,

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew that if this thread went on long enough, it would end up being a fountainhead of [inappropriate/removed]. You fine people have not disappointed me.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
I knew that if this thread went on long enough, it would end up being a fountainhead of [inappropriate/removed]. You fine people have not disappointed me.

Whoa, watch out everyone, perfect model citizen coming through!

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: