Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is it me or....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gportillo52

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Is it me or.... Reply with quote

After that GREAT SF win I calmed down to watch the AFC championship game. When I realized the Patriots would lose I began thinking about Tom Brady and his recent losses in playoffs then it occurred to me. Tom Brady Has not won a super bowl since spy gate, is it coincidence or did spy gate have an impact on his previous super bowl wins. Could we also stop the Montana Brady comparisons? Please!?

NINEREMPIRE!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he still has taken his team to two Super Bowls since Spygate but yeah he hasn't won one since. However, his resume' is absolutely great and deserves to at least be in the conversation with Joe Montana.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is a choker. He doesn't show up in big games. So overrated in the clutch category. I had someone tell me that if the patriots played the niners in the SB we would get blown out because of Brady. Cause apparently he always shows up in big games.
Rejuvenation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spygate is overblown by nfl fans imo. Winning Super Bowls is hard period let alone getting to one. They have been to 5 over a 10 year span. The Montana comparisons are always going to be there for a number of reasons but Brady is still going to have to settle for #2 on my list behind Joe Cool.
Ronnie's Pinky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4-for-4 is better than 3-for-5, so judging by results, Joe is still the man. Also, a lot of casual fans forget to put Joe and Tom's statistics in the context of their respective eras when comparing them. Passer ratings are higher across the board these days. Back when Joe played, you could lead the league with a 90+ passer rating. A lot of the little kids who ride Brady's sack don't understand that.

Also, Brady never had any moments like The Drive or The Catch. When his teams won close ones, it was usually the defense and the kicker doing the heavy lifting. Nevertheless, Tom Brady is an all-time great, and does at least belong in the conversation about who is the best of all time, even though he has not caught Joe, and probably never will.
Vanilla_Ice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what? He's been to two other ones and was literally 1 catch from each from winning (yeah, i said it).

This argument is thrown out all of the time and is so stupid it's ridiculous. "He hasn't won one since spygate." LOL What about Dan Marino? He never won one. The fact that Brady went to two other SB's after spygate is enough to say it was completely overblown.
sbrown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they should put brady only in the catagory of favre or elway. Which superbowl did brady win with his arm? he gets credit for 3 SB wins, but viniteri's leg won the first 2 not bradys arm.

he was out performed last season and lee evens dropped a gw td and cundifff missed a fg.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can live with how Brady's looked at historically, but this talking about Brady like he's Superman in big games anymore kills me. When the Pats were about ball control & defense they were unbeatable 3 of 4 yrs. Once they made their shift to being about the aerial assault *Brady* he's had one or 2 BAD games every playoff since & including that 18-1 team.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
they should put brady only in the catagory of favre or elway. Which superbowl did brady win with his arm? he gets credit for 3 SB wins, but viniteri's leg won the first 2 not bradys arm.

he was out performed last season and lee evens dropped a gw td and cundifff missed a fg.
He did have a pretty damn good game against the Panthers...

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like when people use the post-season success of a QB as an end all argument. I remember when I was in college, finals were weighted more than the rest of the year, but the rest of the year still mattered greatly for your final grade. I like that system when looking at QB's with regards to the regular and post seasons. Brady has a very good post-season resume, although recently it has taken a hit. He may be an A- now instead of an A. Joe in the post-season was the best there ever was, and likely ever will be (A+). Regular season it think they are a wash. Brady's stats may be more impressive on paper, but really Joe was an even better regular season QB than Brady IMO (given the era in which he played).

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:

And did the Patriots magically just get to FG range Rolling Eyes . Brady LED them down the field to give Vinateri a CHANCE to win the game. You don't need to lead someone all the way down for a TD to be responsible for the win.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the teams he lead to those three SBs were so much better than the team he has now. not to mention NE had some really good coaches.

Along with those coaches, Brady had a much better defense. I think the running game today and then are somewhat on the same level. However, it doesn't explain how Brady didn't tear apart a Ravens secondary that has a banged up Ed reed and also without their top CB in Webb.
sbrown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
sbrown wrote:

And did the Patriots magically just get to FG range Rolling Eyes . Brady LED them down the field to give Vinateri a CHANCE to win the game. You don't need to lead someone all the way down for a TD to be responsible for the win.

you mean the 150 yds in the game??

My point is that if viniteri misses these FG's is he this highly regarded? no and im not playing the IF game, but its not like he went our and threw for 300+ yards and threw a game winning td either

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
4-for-4 is better than 3-for-5, so judging by results, Joe is still the man. Also, a lot of casual fans forget to put Joe and Tom's statistics in the context of their respective eras when comparing them. Passer ratings are higher across the board these days. Back when Joe played, you could lead the league with a 90+ passer rating. A lot of the little kids who ride Brady's sack don't understand that.

Also, Brady never had any moments like The Drive or The Catch. When his teams won close ones, it was usually the defense and the kicker doing the heavy lifting. Nevertheless, Tom Brady is an all-time great, and does at least belong in the conversation about who is the best of all time, even though he has not caught Joe, and probably never will.

this^^^^

It's Hard
It's rough
and it doesn take crap off anyone
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
you mean the 150 yds in the game??

My point is that if viniteri misses these FG's is he this highly regarded? no and im not playing the IF game, but its not like he went our and threw for 300+ yards and threw a game winning td either

You essentially did play the IF game, but he still deserves props for taking his team all the way down to FG range. Now, I do agree that Super Bowl it was more of the defense than what he did. For their 2nd Super Bowl, he had over 300+ yards and 3 TDs. You have to give him full props for that performance and again leading his team all the way down to FG range.

By the way, what was the point of saying the 150 yards in the game? You do realize we won our first Super Bowl with Montana throwing for about the same amount of yards right? So does that not count either?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: