Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

An Intellectual Mock . . . You're Welcome
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Do you have us resigning Steven?

I like it. It's different but I like it, seems like every mock draft has us taking the same 4 or 5 players. And I agree with you, Vacarro is crap.
I do not. I think its time to move on, and more importantly I think Fisher doesnt really want him back here if you could get him off the record.

I think people are really sleeping on Pead, and he is their guys, as well as digging up a gem in Richardson as a Change of Pace back. Plus I also think they really like Gannaway as a big thumper for short yardage. Its a full trio thing, not just one guy for Fisher.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, pead was what? The 50th pick last year? No way the Rams are giving up on him this early.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you StLunatic, I actually like our RB even with Jax gone. I saw some great things from Pead at the end of the year that lead me to believe he will be a big contributor come next season. Him, Richardson, and Ganaway should put up at least equal numbers in my eyes.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I'm with you StLunatic, I actually like our RB even with Jax gone. I saw some great things from Pead at the end of the year that lead me to believe he will be a big contributor come next season. Him, Richardson, and Ganaway should put up at least equal numbers in my eyes.

I'm in the same boat with you guys. We have a lot of talent at RB, and Pead and Richardson will be top two and at minimum Ganaway would be short yard and goal line back. I think Ganaway has potential too though.

It will be interesting to see who takes the biggest steps in training camps and in the preseason.

Not a big fan of Britt, so far in the NFL the best thing he does is cause trouble or is a part of it in some capacity.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
As far as the draft goes, I don't like us taking two defensive linemen in the first three rounds.
You all realize that if we lose William Hayes in Free Agency we are completely Devoid of depth along the Defensive Line...

Our backup options right now are a 2nd year Matt Conrath (DT), RFA Eugene Sims (DE), a RFA Jermelle Cudjo (DT), and Practice Squad Mason Brodine (DE). Yep, those guys, maybe a Vet Minimum guy, a 6th or 7th rounder, and some UDFA should be PLENTY of depth on the DL.

This team is not as put together as some of you seem to think it is. We have next to No depth across this entire roster.
I hear what you're saying, but I'm not a fan of taking a DT in the first round two years in a row. We do need depth, but we should take a DT a little later on.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
As far as the draft goes, I don't like us taking two defensive linemen in the first three rounds.
You all realize that if we lose William Hayes in Free Agency we are completely Devoid of depth along the Defensive Line...

Our backup options right now are a 2nd year Matt Conrath (DT), RFA Eugene Sims (DE), a RFA Jermelle Cudjo (DT), and Practice Squad Mason Brodine (DE). Yep, those guys, maybe a Vet Minimum guy, a 6th or 7th rounder, and some UDFA should be PLENTY of depth on the DL.

This team is not as put together as some of you seem to think it is. We have next to No depth across this entire roster.
I hear what you're saying, but I'm not a fan of taking a DT in the first round two years in a row. We do need depth, but we should take a DT a little later on.

But...we're the Rams....WE NEED D-LINE!

WIDE RECEIVER!

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ hahaha.

On another note... Vaccaro is incredibly overrated and even worse for a fit as a deep cover safety. People need to understand this. Even as a SS he belongs in the 2nd round at the earliest. No idea why he has shot up so high.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
^^^ hahaha.

On another note... Vaccaro is incredibly overrated and even worse for a fit as a deep cover safety. People need to understand this. Even as a SS he belongs in the 2nd round at the earliest. No idea why he has shot up so high.

His speed.
trung31

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't really matter, because this is still a realistic mock, but you obviously thought about contract structures so Ill point it out. Demoff doesn't backload contracts. His philosophy is "pay as you go."

That's nitpicking though because this is a very well thought out mock and if the offseason happens this way we'll all be happy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with us drafting Sharrif. What I don't like is the Britt trade. He can't stay healthy, he has major off the field issues and he hasn't been that special on the field.

Also think a 3rd is too early for Ace. The other picks seem ok although I think Menelik is gone before the 4th.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Ramsfan28 wrote:
2. A couple of the FA moves. I've already spoke my mind about Britt, all I will add to it is that I like how Jenkins and TruJo have been pretty well behaved, I don't want this piece of crap walking into the locker room and giving the team distractions.
I knew this would come up, and I will ask the same question I do every time I bring up Britt; Who on the Titans has he corrupted? The answer is no one. Is he a bone head? Sure. Does he run in some questionable circles? Yep. But nothing he has doen had been awful, or even affected their locker room really. I could just see the Tennesse Front Office & Coaching Staff using him as a scapegoat for a sub par season as well as just tired of dealing with all the little things that they inherited, not asked for. Fisher did ask for those, thinking he could keep them in check, and he mostly did while he had him.

That's gospel. We are only deep at CB (As far as the top #3).

There are parts of this draft I don't like and parts I do. The DT position is important this off season, but I think that we would be better served by staying put at #22 in this scenario.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:

Like what? Laughing Im trying to find out what I missed.

If richardson learns how to catch, and we improve the line I think we will be good.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like i Smile

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trung31 wrote:
It doesn't really matter, because this is still a realistic mock, but you obviously thought about contract structures so Ill point it out. Demoff doesn't backload contracts. His philosophy is "pay as you go."
Oh, I took that into account on the contracts. Henderson's deal is just like that. The Svitek deal is only one year, so the Cook deal is the only one you could be talking about.

And even saying "Pay as you go" doesnt mean flat rates or new guys contracts fluctuate like crazy. Cook is much different than Long, JL, Finnegan or Langford. Cook is still potential, he is pretty unproven so you arent going to give him a ton of upfront money. The first 2 years are normal, playing him a total of $4 & $5 million each, and the last year is a jump in base salary, which goes one of 3 ways;
1) The best scenario-Cook is a Top 5 TE, lives up to what we need him to be and we use year 3 as the corner stone of a new extension for Sam's #1 Weapon.
2) Still a good option-He blows up, is in Graham/Gronk type guy and wants to get a huge contract. We still have him for that 3rd year, as well as the relatively low Franchise Tag for TEs
3) Worst case- Cook is a bust of a signing, he isnt worth the first 2 years of the contract, and we can just cut him and save ourselves $5.5 million on the 2015 cap.

Any of those scenarios are fine, they all work in our favor as far as the Cap goes.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Like what? Laughing Im trying to find out what I missed.

If richardson learns how to catch, and we improve the line I think we will be good.

Well, in the 2 whole games he got over 1 carry, he did well. Thats not much of a resume, but the guy was a high 2nd round pick, I think Fisher has plans for him other then just getting a carry every once and a while. You don't take a guy that highly and not try and utilize him. Say we brought in a guy like Ivory, Pead again would be relegated to a couple carries max a game. I honesly feel him and Richardson could be a very nice and productive 1/2.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: