Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Next Contract for Joe Flacco
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carnageehw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

17-18 million a year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
he wil be the highest paid qb in the league.

Any top qb to get a new deal always gets the highest paid deal.

More that the contract of Drew Brees?!?!(20 millions per year)....No way!

No way he gets highest paid deal.

Even if the Ravens win.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highest paid quarterback in history.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
he wil be the highest paid qb in the league.

Any top qb to get a new deal always gets the highest paid deal.

More that the contract of Drew Brees?!?!(20 millions per year)....No way!

I know this is off-topic, but your sig quote is so much better now Very Happy

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is his contract up?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the past two seasons I've said that he'd be a $100m QB anyway. This playoff run however has pushed him past the 7 years/$100m ($14.3m) deal that I expected. But even in that deal I thought he'd see incentives that could push the deal up to $17m if he were to reach certain performance incentives. however, now I think he's probably going to get paid closer to his asking price, but not all of it. Ozzie is smart, he won't fork it all over to Joe. I'm thinking a 7/$112m ($16m) deal IF Joe performs well enough to win us the Super Bowl in two weeks time. We'd then have incentives placed within that could push the deal up to $122.5m ($17.5m). If he doesn't perform well in the Super Bowl and we lose- I think he probably sees $108.5m with the same incentives.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
When is his contract up?

It's up at te conclusion of this season... So basically after SB47.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll see a contract that is a bit less on the average yearly salary than expected, but higher in guaranteed money. That's generally how Ozzie has worked things in the past and it keeps both sides happy. It keeps their overall cap number down which helps to re-sign others, and it gives the players the added security of knowing if they suffer a huge injury, they'll still get a lot of money.

I expect to see a contract that averages just over $16M a season (6 or 7 years). Not sure on the guaranteed money as I don't know what "normal" is, but I'd expect it to be up there with some of the even larger contracts. Somewhere in the $40-$50M guaranteed range maybe.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carnageehw wrote:
17-18 million a year.

this is the most logical post in this thread...

his contract will be pretty fair for the ravens & good for Joe... but not 20 a year
Keleth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give him small guaranteed and basic and hefty bonuses for performance.
To me he is a QB who can't be guaranteed to get you to the playoffs but once you get to the playoffs is a different story.We have yet to see him have to drag the Ravens to the playoffs with them relying solely on him.
He has one of the best deep balls in the game but his short game is nowhere near up to the standard of his deep one.
I'd also get him another class receiver.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
To me he is a QB who can't be guaranteed to get you to the playoffs but once you get to the playoffs is a different story.

Sucks we can't rely on a guy who has not only gotten us to the playoffs, but also won a game each year and has been to 3 AFCCGs, to get us to the playoffs on a consistent basis.

Quote:
We have yet to see him have to drag the Ravens to the playoffs with them relying solely on him.

And that somehow should be a negative against Flacco? That we have a solid team all around? Sorry, but no.

Quote:
He has one of the best deep balls in the game but his short game is nowhere near up to the standard of his deep one.

His short game is actually more consistent than his deep game -- its just that the deep plays are more impactful and Torrey gets open more on deeper plays, rather than all of our receivers struggling with separation in the short to intermediate game.

Quote:
I'd also get him another class receiver.

He will get another guy eventually, but personally I don't see it this off-season.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
Keleth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

And that somehow should be a negative against Flacco? That we have a solid team all around? Sorry, but no.

No but elite QBs do that and have done it but Flacco hasn't yet had to do it.
And people seem to be calling for elite money for Flacco so he needs to prove he is elite.
It's the same with Eli,come the playoffs he is elite but he can't seem to drag his team to the playoffs.The team has to get him there before he goes into elite mode.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

And people seem to be calling for elite money for Flacco so he needs to prove he is elite.
It's the same with Eli,come the playoffs he is elite but he can't seem to drag his team to the playoffs.The team has to get him there before he goes into elite mode.

Ravens had the 27th ranked defense this year, and the 21st ranked run game...

What the hell else do you want from Flacco?

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Keleth wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Ravens had the 27th ranked defense this year, and the 21st ranked run game...

What the hell else do you want from Flacco?

I've said it before and I'll say it again; it's absolutely ridiculous having these "race to the bottom" arguments. It's at its worst in Brady/Manning discussions with supporters on each side trying to argue that their guy's team is crappier. Yes, the Ravens have had a good team around Flacco with a lot of talent, but what were they getting out of that team before Flacco/Harbs? Also, as SnA points out, the team around him probably had one of their least spectacular regular seasons of the last 5 years (largely due to a new coordinator and multiple injuries to key guys). I just hate this notion that you can only be good if your team sucks.

Honestly, I feel for Packers fans to a degree with the circular x is only good because of y statements that go around and around.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Flacco has always been a good QB in my mind, top 15 QB, but now he has gotten overrated real fast with those couple of wins in the playoffs.

He's definitly been good in those playoffs, though not great IMO, but if he is to get a 100 million contract, he should give half of it to Rahim Moore, John Fox and to the Ravens defense.

He's done enough to give the Ravens a chance to win every game in those playoffs but the Ravens defense and the Broncos did a lot more to help him get those wins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: