Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SLF's "day off" mock. 2 Rounds w/ trades, FA too
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Where is Atlanta's 2nd round pick?

I got it confused with Manti Te'o's girlfriend. My bad.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarsFan28329 wrote:
Wut. No.

Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M should go 2 for us.

Serious? Eugene Monroe at LT, and jack crap at QB? I personally guarantee the Jags do not take Joeckel at 2.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlucas12002 wrote:
It would cost a lot more for Tampa to make that trade with Cleveland.

And why would KC draft a DT? Didn't they just draft Poe last year and still have Glenn Dorsey?

Dorsey is a FA, but that wouldnt make a difference. BPA is BPA. Both could be upgraded.
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Wow. That may be the worst reasoning for a pick I ever seen. I don't think you know who jason peters is if you think luke joeckel is a better fit than him in anything.

With that said the pick makes no sense. We have players coming off of injury that are actually good on our Oline. On defense we have nothing.

We need an entirely new starting secondary.

If we keep 4-3. We need a new SAM and DT too.

If we switch to a 3-4 we need a NT, 3-4 OLB, ILB, and then depth at all positions.

We are looking at over half our defense being new players this coming season.

Whereas on offense we need one new player on the right side of our line (guard or tackle it matters not). Not really top 5 pick importance there. In fact this could easily be remedied in FA.

You might as well stop trying, Im not going to change it Laughing I cant see a team trading up, and there arent any other players worth the pick.
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Wow, HOMER trade much ?

Buffalo has to trade #8 in the 2nd rd + 1st next year for #25 yet YOUR Lions trade #5 in the 2nd rd + a FOURTH for #29...that's just 4 picks later.....how equitable is that ????

Draft value chart is on my side with this one.

Moving up from #41 to #25 costs 230 points (so maybe the 1st next year was a bit steep, but the Bills will be desperate), while moving up from #36 to #39 costs a mere 100 points, which is the value of a 4th round pick.

My flaw was that the Lions dont have a 4th rounder, which I forgot, but you get my point.

So try getting facts straight before you throw the homer label around. Rolling Eyes
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
WHAT???!!!

We trade a first, third, and fourth to move up SEVEN SPOTS????

And address an area that can easily be filled in free agency?

And we sign an overrated LT who will cost much more that he is worth?

Wonderful.

And on top if that the Chiefs sign another awful WB and draft another DL.

Its like everyone EXPECTS to be happy with their teams draft in these mocks Laughing Cause that ever happens Rolling Eyes
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werner works for Bills.. Could become another Aaron Schobel and trade up works even at loosing next years 1st but wrong guy. Ryan Nassib who knows HC Marrone should be obvious pick
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would still prefer Moore for Oakland over Jones. I just dont trust his back.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry Melton signs with Carolina

20. Chicago Bears - Kawaan Short DT Purdue
I dont think the BEars will be able to keep Melton because he will want a huge contract, and they already have tons of money tied up in players. So, they take Short to fill the void.

50. Chicago Bears - Sylvester Williams DT North Carolina

The Bears will likely resign Melton, they know hes valuable to the team.

first 2 rounds DT? When O-line, pass catching TE who can stretch the field and LB are our top needs. DT may happen later in the draft, not right away.

And with only 5 picks, trading down is likely for us.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Johnson will be tagged if he isn't signed. He ain't going anywhere. Hunt isn't necessary so i can see us going safety there. Rogers is a great pick though.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
zelbell

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if Montgomery would fit in the 3-4 the Browns wanna run, maybe an OLB, Ogletree, or a corner in the 1st...not a fan of Bray in the 2nd, maybe a FS or whatever isnt picked in the first (ie. CB or OLB)
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Wow. That may be the worst reasoning for a pick I ever seen. I don't think you know who jason peters is if you think luke joeckel is a better fit than him in anything.

With that said the pick makes no sense. We have players coming off of injury that are actually good on our Oline. On defense we have nothing.

We need an entirely new starting secondary.

If we keep 4-3. We need a new SAM and DT too.

If we switch to a 3-4 we need a NT, 3-4 OLB, ILB, and then depth at all positions.

We are looking at over half our defense being new players this coming season.

Whereas on offense we need one new player on the right side of our line (guard or tackle it matters not). Not really top 5 pick importance there. In fact this could easily be remedied in FA.

You might as well stop trying, Im not going to change it Laughing I cant see a team trading up, and there arent any other players worth the pick.

So you like being wrong and making stupid comments to try and justify a bad pick? Also I wouldn't consider luke joeckel worth the pick, there are no top 5 talents in this draft.

Last edited by ninjapirate on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
WhODaT888

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the trade back picking up an extra first but it does seem kind of silly to pick up a replacement player who tore his ACL for a guy who tore his ACL.

The trade back is worth it though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I commend you for doing your best as it is difficult to do extensive research into every team and their situations.

As for the Rams, Saffold would only do worse at RT as he struggles in run blocking and against power rushers. LT is really the only spot for him. Furthermore, Fisher has no history of drafting OL in the 1st round & especially not trading up to get a prospect like Eric Fisher. Who in this case would move to RT.

Not gunna happen.
phins72

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no thank you to bowe rather have them draft one and keep the ones they have

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: