Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colin Kaepernick = MVP?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheSphinx


Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 595
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has everyone forgotten that he is playing for a team that was a botched special teams play away from the Superbowl last year. It isn't like he came to a 1-15 team and took them to the promise land. Geez, dude has had a good run but he is nowhere near a MVP candidate. It wasn't even like SF was struggling before he stepped in and more importantly the offense didn't explode after he got under center.

Come on people get a grip...

-TS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 48922
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carnageehw wrote:
"He hasn't done anything unprecidented.....except for the one unprecidented rushing record he broke."

Some good lols in this thread.


I guess that would include your reading comprehension, as well.

For one, I already said he had a special GAME vs Green Bay. That comment was made regarding his overall play in regards to winning the MVP.

Secondly, this is discussing regular season MVP, which means a) regular season, and b) the SEASON, not just a GAME.

Bottom line....ONE special GAME doesnt make him special or MVP quality.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 48922
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cali2Wisco wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
He was nothing special in the regular season.

And outside of the Green Bay game, he hasnt been anything special in the postseason, either.

I love the constant kneejerk reactions on this forum. LOVE them.


I'll give you credit, you've got balls posting on a football forum without ever watching a game.


Classic blind homer retort.

Let me know when you come up with something better.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alpha


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 151
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a 49er fan



HELL NO! no offense thread starter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cali2Wisco


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 2297
Location: 1st Round Bye
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Cali2Wisco wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
He was nothing special in the regular season.

And outside of the Green Bay game, he hasnt been anything special in the postseason, either.

I love the constant kneejerk reactions on this forum. LOVE them.


I'll give you credit, you've got balls posting on a football forum without ever watching a game.


Classic blind homer retort.

Let me know when you come up with something better.


Nothing special?

A QB in his first season as a starter taking down Brees and Brady on the road? Do you realize how big of a win beating New England on the road in December was? Its almost impossible, in fact it was for the past few seasons, and he did it in his first year as a starter.

Nothing special huh?

Leading his team to a 17 point comeback win, on the road, in the NFC championship game, against the team with the NFL's best record. Oh yea, he completed nearly 80% of his passes for one touchdown (at an incredible 11 yards / attempt) AND no turnovers.

Nothing special right?

Making his first start on Monday night against the team that at the time was widely considered to have the best defense in the NFL and be the best team in the NFL and drop 32 points on them?

Again, nothing special...right??? I feel like I'm repeating myself at this point.

Can't wait to see your response to this one.
_________________

kiltman on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13628
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cali2Wisco wrote:
Nothing special?

A QB in his first season as a starter taking down Brees and Brady on the road? Do you realize how big of a win beating New England on the road in December was? Its almost impossible, in fact it was for the past few seasons, and he did it in his first year as a starter.

Nothing special huh?

Leading his team to a 17 point comeback win, on the road, in the NFC championship game, against the team with the NFL's best record. Oh yea, he completed nearly 80% of his passes for one touchdown (at an incredible 11 yards / attempt) AND no turnovers.

Nothing special right?

Making his first start on Monday night against the team that at the time was widely considered to have the best defense in the NFL and be the best team in the NFL and drop 32 points on them?

Again, nothing special...right??? I feel like I'm repeating myself at this point.

Can't wait to see your response to this one.
Kaep plays defense? Didn't know that. Let's not act like he didn't take over a stacked team that went the the NFC title game the previous year with Alex Smith. Kaep has had some very impressive moments but can you really sit there and not understand why some may not be so impressed and why some are going to sit back and wait for a bigger sample size?
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cali2Wisco


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 2297
Location: 1st Round Bye
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Cali2Wisco wrote:
Nothing special?

A QB in his first season as a starter taking down Brees and Brady on the road? Do you realize how big of a win beating New England on the road in December was? Its almost impossible, in fact it was for the past few seasons, and he did it in his first year as a starter.

Nothing special huh?

Leading his team to a 17 point comeback win, on the road, in the NFC championship game, against the team with the NFL's best record. Oh yea, he completed nearly 80% of his passes for one touchdown (at an incredible 11 yards / attempt) AND no turnovers.

Nothing special right?

Making his first start on Monday night against the team that at the time was widely considered to have the best defense in the NFL and be the best team in the NFL and drop 32 points on them?

Again, nothing special...right??? I feel like I'm repeating myself at this point.

Can't wait to see your response to this one.
Kaep plays defense? Didn't know that. Let's not act like he didn't take over a stacked team that went the the NFC title game the previous year with Alex Smith. Kaep has had some very impressive moments but can you really sit there and not understand why some may not be so impressed and why some are going to sit back and wait for a bigger sample size?


No I can't, and this isn't me being a homer. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't find him, RW3, RGIII or Luck to be incredibly impressive this year.
_________________

kiltman on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 48922
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cali2Wisco wrote:
A QB in his first season as a starter taking down Brees and Brady on the road? Do you realize how big of a win beating New England on the road in December was?


Yes....because he did that all by himself right?

He played very well in those games, but vs New Engalnd, your defense forced 4 turnovers and kept Brady in check all game.

Matt Flynn had a very similar type of game vs the Pats in late December back in 2010. Is he special too?

And while its not to take away from Kaep, the Pats have possibly the worst pass D in the league.

Quote:
Nothing special huh?


Very Good, yes.

Special. No.

Quote:
Leading his team to a 17 point comeback win, on the road, in the NFC championship game, against the team with the NFL's best record. Oh yea, he completed nearly 80% of his passes for one touchdown (at an incredible 11 yards / attempt) AND no turnovers.


You mean against the same team that blew a big lead the week before against a rookie QB?

Quote:
Nothing special right?


Did I stutter the first time?

Quote:
Making his first start on Monday night against the team that at the time was widely considered to have the best defense in the NFL and be the best team in the NFL and drop 32 points on them?


Yes....that had nothing to do with Jay Cutler being out and the Bears not being able to sustain a drive. huh?

Quote:
Again, nothing special...right??? I feel like I'm repeating myself at this point.


You are, and its stupid and pointless. You can keep asking, but it doesnt change anything.

Quote:
Can't wait to see your response to this one.


Doesnt really matter how I respond...youre a homer, and anything other than "ZOMG KAEP IS A GOD" is gonna make you whine.

Ive already stated Kaep was very good this season. Just because I dont think he was "special" doesnt mean I think he was bad.

But go ahead and tell everyone that doesnt think Kaep was special that they dont watch football or dont know what they are talking about. Youll be really busy.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 48922
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cali2Wisco wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Cali2Wisco wrote:
Nothing special?

A QB in his first season as a starter taking down Brees and Brady on the road? Do you realize how big of a win beating New England on the road in December was? Its almost impossible, in fact it was for the past few seasons, and he did it in his first year as a starter.

Nothing special huh?

Leading his team to a 17 point comeback win, on the road, in the NFC championship game, against the team with the NFL's best record. Oh yea, he completed nearly 80% of his passes for one touchdown (at an incredible 11 yards / attempt) AND no turnovers.

Nothing special right?

Making his first start on Monday night against the team that at the time was widely considered to have the best defense in the NFL and be the best team in the NFL and drop 32 points on them?

Again, nothing special...right??? I feel like I'm repeating myself at this point.

Can't wait to see your response to this one.
Kaep plays defense? Didn't know that. Let's not act like he didn't take over a stacked team that went the the NFC title game the previous year with Alex Smith. Kaep has had some very impressive moments but can you really sit there and not understand why some may not be so impressed and why some are going to sit back and wait for a bigger sample size?


No I can't, and this isn't me being a homer. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't find him, RW3, RGIII or Luck to be incredibly impressive this year.


They were impressive.

Impressive =\= special.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cali2Wisco


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 2297
Location: 1st Round Bye
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:


Doesnt really matter how I respond...youre a homer, and anything other than "ZOMG KAEP IS A GOD" is gonna make you whine.


Not a homer at all. To say Kaep has been nothing special this season outside of one playoff game is, in my opinion, very, very, ignorant. I'm sure fans of other teams will agree with me.
_________________

kiltman on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cali2Wisco


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 2297
Location: 1st Round Bye
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Cali2Wisco wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Cali2Wisco wrote:
Nothing special?

A QB in his first season as a starter taking down Brees and Brady on the road? Do you realize how big of a win beating New England on the road in December was? Its almost impossible, in fact it was for the past few seasons, and he did it in his first year as a starter.

Nothing special huh?

Leading his team to a 17 point comeback win, on the road, in the NFC championship game, against the team with the NFL's best record. Oh yea, he completed nearly 80% of his passes for one touchdown (at an incredible 11 yards / attempt) AND no turnovers.

Nothing special right?

Making his first start on Monday night against the team that at the time was widely considered to have the best defense in the NFL and be the best team in the NFL and drop 32 points on them?

Again, nothing special...right??? I feel like I'm repeating myself at this point.

Can't wait to see your response to this one.
Kaep plays defense? Didn't know that. Let's not act like he didn't take over a stacked team that went the the NFC title game the previous year with Alex Smith. Kaep has had some very impressive moments but can you really sit there and not understand why some may not be so impressed and why some are going to sit back and wait for a bigger sample size?


No I can't, and this isn't me being a homer. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't find him, RW3, RGIII or Luck to be incredibly impressive this year.


They were impressive.

Impressive =\= special.


Bud, read the post that I was replying to.
_________________

kiltman on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cali2Wisco


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 2297
Location: 1st Round Bye
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
He has done absolutely nothing unprecedented.

People throw words around without even knowing what they truly mean.


the irony!
_________________

kiltman on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rejuvenation


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 1739
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck no, he didn't play enough in the regular season to warrant MVP votes and other players had better performance. He has had impressive feats in the playoffs so far but those don't retroactively impact a regular season award.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
l3lind golfer


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 33389
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Kaepernick play during that blowout loss to the Seahawks on national television towards the very end of the regular season?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gore Whore 21


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 4302
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
How did Kaepernick play during that blowout loss to the Seahawks on national television towards the very end of the regular season?


Just to be clear I don't think he deserves to be in the talks for MVP

That being said, you can pick out a game from pretty much any player in any given season and say 'what about that game'

Peyton Manning
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012091700/2012/REG2/broncos@falcons#tab=recap&menu=highlights

Adrian Peterson
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012091603/2012/REG2/vikings@colts#tab=recap&menu=highlights

Let me reiterate, I'm in no way saying that Kap should be in talks for MVP, I'm just pointing out how foolish it is to single out one game in a players season for a sample. It's not like he even had a horrible game, he made an ill advised throw when we were behind which Richard Sherman picked off.
_________________
saintsfan on the sig

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin


Last edited by Gore Whore 21 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group