Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colin Kaepernick = MVP?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
How did Kaepernick play during that blowout loss to the Seahawks on national television towards the very end of the regular season?
Name one QB without a bad game this season... That was his bad game, and really the whole team was awful that day.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
How did Kaepernick play during that blowout loss to the Seahawks on national television towards the very end of the regular season?
Name one QB without a bad game this season... That was his bad game, and really the whole team was awful that day.

I actually totally agree with this argument.

I think he was kinda sup bar in the 2nd Rams game though, in response. So wouldn't that make 2 games???

Still, nothing to be ashamed about. I guess he had a good half season.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my response to this thread. Kaep had a very good finish to the season when he took over. He had a terrific, record breaking game in the playoffs to add to that. But he also has arguably the best supporting cast around him in the NFL when you take the whole team into account. He had a good season an his star is shining brightly but he wasn't anything earth shattering considering what some of the other inexperienced signal callers put on tape and he darn sure wasn't anything close to an MVP.

Kempes on the custom sig!
ShooterMcGavin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like MVP awards being handed to players who only played for half a season. Obviously this isn't Kaepernick's fault but it's just the way it turned out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Here's my response to this thread. Kaep had a very good finish to the season when he took over. He had a terrific, record breaking game in the playoffs to add to that. But he also has arguably the best supporting cast around him in the NFL when you take the whole team into account. He had a good season an his star is shining brightly but he wasn't anything earth shattering considering what some of the other inexperienced signal callers put on tape and he darn sure wasn't anything close to an MVP.

This is why the majority of us Niner fans have been saying that he doesn't even deserve to be in the talk for MVP, not to mention he didn't even play a whole season. It's just the opponents of this conversation taking it too far and writing off what he has done this season due to one game.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Falastine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
He was nothing special in the regular season.

And outside of the Green Bay game, he hasnt been anything special in the postseason, either.

I love the constant kneejerk reactions on this forum. LOVE them.

Well, since he started, Kaep has a top-3 QBR in the league.

He's also the only QB to post two consecutive 90+ QBR games in the playoffs since...?
nevermore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falastine wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

And outside of the Green Bay game, he hasnt been anything special in the postseason, either.

He's also the only QB to post two consecutive 90+ QBR games in the playoffs since...?

That's nice and all, but doesn't change the fact that the QBR doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
Falastine wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

That's nice and all, but doesn't change the fact that the QBR doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

He had a pretty good passer rating. 98.6 overall. 100.4 from his 7 starts (he had some throws in relief duty, including the first game where Alex was injured).

And if you like FootballOutsiders DVOA, he ranked 3rd overall with about 25.7% DVOA. Behind Manning and Brady, and just ahead of Rodgers...no other QB besides those 4 had over 20% DVOA. And that was before the playoffs.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

MVP, no, 49er fans don't believe that...but we do think he played very well. Most of us do, at least.
Falastine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
Falastine wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

That's fine, but it's not it's tailor made for CK7. All QBs are being judged by it, and he's blowing away most of the competition in this department.
R I 0 T

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
carnageehw wrote:
"He hasn't done anything unprecidented.....except for the one unprecidented rushing record he broke."

Some good lols in this thread.

I guess that would include your reading comprehension, as well.

For one, I already said he had a special GAME vs Green Bay. That comment was made regarding his overall play in regards to winning the MVP.

Secondly, this is discussing regular season MVP, which means a) regular season, and b) the SEASON, not just a GAME.

Bottom line....ONE special GAME doesnt make him special or MVP quality.

Speaking of reading comprehension, do you realize the only person who is suggesting he should win MVP is the OP? Please stop arguing with yourself. . .
x0x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Peterson MVP?

Anyone else think it would be funny if Peterson didn't win the MVP as his photo is being used to moniker the ceremony? Laughing
eagles101

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falastine wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Falastine wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

That's fine, but it's not it's tailor made for CK7. All QBs are being judged by it, and he's blowing away most of the competition in this department.

thats a terrible argument. just because everyone is judge on the same scale doesnt mean its a good scale. he blew people away in a scale that doesnt make any sense.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R I 0 T wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
carnageehw wrote:
"He hasn't done anything unprecidented.....except for the one unprecidented rushing record he broke."

Some good lols in this thread.

I guess that would include your reading comprehension, as well.

For one, I already said he had a special GAME vs Green Bay. That comment was made regarding his overall play in regards to winning the MVP.

Secondly, this is discussing regular season MVP, which means a) regular season, and b) the SEASON, not just a GAME.

Bottom line....ONE special GAME doesnt make him special or MVP quality.

Speaking of reading comprehension, do you realize the only person who is suggesting he should win MVP is the OP? Please stop arguing with yourself. . .

Where did I ever say otherwise? My whole point is the absurdity that this thread even exists.

Yeah...maybe YOU should try reading, too.

PS...notice how its only 49ers fans complaining about what I said? Laughing

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise

Last edited by FourThreeMafia on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falastine wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

And?

You sound like that Andrew Luck homer that was pushing QBR for so long. Its an unofficial, poorly conceived metric made up by ESPN.

CK7 is a good player.

He has had some special moments and played well.

Im saying that this thread is absurd and that it takes a special season to be considered MVP, and Kaepernick didnt have that type of season...at least outside of the 49ers fanbase.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Ronnie's Pinky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kap has been great since he took the reigns, but let's be real: he's not even San Francisco's team MVP at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: