Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My try at a skins only Mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: My try at a skins only Mock Reply with quote

I could care less who the rest of the league drafts, so I decided to do my mock Skins only!!!! Please be gentle this is my first attempt ever so it may be a lil unrealistic.....not sure. I have been looking at different mocks for weeks now trying to get an idea of where guys could possibly be for us. Im sure this will change a couple times in the future after the combine and FA, but for now this is what I came up with....

2) Jordan Poyer CB Oregan State
I think he will be the best corner left when we pick in the second.

3) Philip Thomas S fresno State
I dont know much about the kid. You guys have sold me on him!

4) Kevin Reddick ILB UNC
Im worried about Robinsons health and this guy can ball!!!!

5) Tyrann Mathieu CB/S LSU
Sometimes you gotta take a chance! He can return punts and KO also!

5) Devin Taylor DE/OLB USC
I have read this guy can get to the QB!!! Not great against the run but great Pass rusher

6) Ray Ray Armstrong S Faulkner U
I took 2 S in this mock because we need one to start and one for depth. I think Brandon M and Reed D are the only S we bring back. This is low risk high reward pick!!!

7) Brad Wing P LSU
Im hoping ol Brad can do kick offs asa well as punt. Really you can insert any punter here.....As long as they can also do kick offs... I really like Forbath but we need someone to help him out with Kick offs!

Looking at this draft should tell you what I think about our secondary!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ripsean21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw Denard Robinson in there somewhere to really help with the speed and keeping defenses off balance! Him, RG3, and Morris in some sets in he backfield that's a elite QB, Elite RB, and Elite mismatch that can run throw and catch! I think this guy would really open us up even more and we have been clicking! Plus in the practices this week Denard has impressed me at every drill he lines up in this week!

He had run beautiful rye! Caught the ball really has gotten open on every rt and I'm sold! Never liked him at QB at Michigan all time QB anyways. But have been sold on him since year one! He is a mismatch at all times and I think he would really open us up and keep the presure of RG to run as much! I think he's a luxury pick and we have holes but he is the type of risk that kiper crushes draft day like Cousins pick! But that pick makes experts eat it when they work I believe here with our system he works more then for any other team!

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I love this mock, its not going to pan out that way. Phillip THomas is a legit S and he should be the 2nd round pick. He lead the FCS in INT's this year with 8 as a S. Can tackle, has speed and can recover well.

I would never draft a P. Especially after the Durant Brooks debacle.

Ray Ray Armstrong is clouded in the head. There are other S's in the later rounds that have a better head on their shoulders than this guy. Josh Evans, Swearinger, Duke Williams.

Ideally I would love to see Thomas and Swearinger added. I like Kevin Reddick, but I am not seeing him last to the 4th round.

This is not bad, but some character concerns with Ray Ray make me not want him at all, I would never draft a P/K, and I think that Devin Taylor is going to go higher than the 5th. The way he is balling at the Senior Bowl against Eric Fisher, really makes him worth more than a 5th.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
Throw Denard Robinson in there somewhere to really help with the speed and keeping defenses off balance! Him, RG3, and Morris in some sets in he backfield that's a elite QB, Elite RB, and Elite mismatch that can run throw and catch! I think this guy would really open us up even more and we have been clicking! Plus in the practices this week Denard has impressed me at every drill he lines up in this week!

He had run beautiful rye! Caught the ball really has gotten open on every rt and I'm sold! Never liked him at QB at Michigan all time QB anyways. But have been sold on him since year one! He is a mismatch at all times and I think he would really open us up and keep the presure of RG to run as much! I think he's a luxury pick and we have holes but he is the type of risk that kiper crushes draft day like Cousins pick! But that pick makes experts eat it when they work I believe here with our system he works more then for any other team!

I am not sold on Denard Robinson. He is going to have speed and agility, but I am not sure how smooth his route running is going to be, how he will be going over the middle without the ball, suddenly getting it and getting leveled by a S, his deep ball playmaking ability, his blocking ability, and honestly, there is a lot better talent at WR in the 4th or 5th round than Denard Robinson.

I am really one of those people that try to avoid the guys like this, that have upside at another position than what they played in college. It is rare for them to come out and make anything of themselves and I would hate to waste a draft pick on that kind of player when we could have gotten more depth in the secondary, or DL, or OL.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
TKellion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:

I am not sold on Denard Robinson. He is going to have speed and agility, but I am not sure how smooth his route running is going to be, how he will be going over the middle without the ball, suddenly getting it and getting leveled by a S, his deep ball playmaking ability, his blocking ability, and honestly, there is a lot better talent at WR in the 4th or 5th round than Denard Robinson.

I am really one of those people that try to avoid the guys like this, that have upside at another position than what they played in college. It is rare for them to come out and make anything of themselves and I would hate to waste a draft pick on that kind of player when we could have gotten more depth in the secondary, or DL, or OL.
He is at senior bowl as WR/KR he runs poor routes cant catch and muffed 3 punts Laughing I will pass on him.
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see any way Phillip Thomas is there in the third round...
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
why don't we draft a real wr with great speed?

Quote:
He had run beautiful flye! Caught the ball really has gotten open on every rt and I'm sold! Never liked him at QB at Michigan all time QB anyways. But have been sold on him since year one! He is a mismatch at all times and I think he would really open us up and keep the presure of RG to run as much! I think he's a luxury pick and we have holes but he is the type of risk that kiper crushes draft day like Cousins pick! But that pick makes experts eat it when they work I believe here with our system he works more then for any other team!
no thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow how many safties you think get drafted in the 1st round? This is one of the deepest classes for safties that I can remember. I think there is a good chance P Thomas drops to the 3rd...I could be wrong.
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Wow how many safties you think get drafted in the 1st round? This is one of the deepest classes for safties that I can remember. I think there is a good chance P Thomas drops to the 3rd...I could be wrong.

I only think 2 at most are drafted 1st round one being Kenny Vaccaro and the other probably Eric Reid

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:

The way I see it playing out:

Bengals: Matt Elam

There are 2 other team that could take a S in the first round.

St. Louis (our pick)
Houston

Round 2:

Titans: T.J. McDonald
Tampa Bay: Kenny Vaccaro
Dallas: Eric Reid (JJ is in love with this kid)
Washington Philip Thomas
San Francisco: Tony Jefferson

Round 3:

Giants: Robert Lester
Houston: Baccari Rambo

Round 4:

Eagles: Shawn Williams
Vikings: D.J. Swearinger
Colts: Duke Williams

There are that many good S's in this draft. It is very deep for talent. But we have to decide, do we want to get better talent right away or settle for lesser talent to select a BPA.

Personally if any one of those S's in Round 2 are sitting at our spot, we have to jump. I am not a big fan of Eric Reid, but he would have to be better than Madieu Williams.

The Bengals are all over Elam.

One other player here is the Steelers. They have 3 ways they can go in the first round, LB, NT, and S. If Te'o falls to the Steelers, they snag him without concern. If Te'o is gone, they may take Jonathan Jenkins at NT, or Jesse Williams at the NT spots. If they do not go that route, based on the value of DT depth vs. S depth they may take a S, in which I think its Eric Reid.

Personally, I think that is a reach, but teams have different values for each player based on their scouting reports.

The only other S that I like is Vaccaro. But St. Louis could take him in the 2nd to replace Craig Dahl who is terrible.

If you want to read my reasoning, select the link in my sig.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp it looks like Im already going to have to make some changes...From what I have been reading, Jordan Poyer is tearing it up at the senior bowl and has first round written all over him!!!!!!!! figures!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Welp it looks like Im already going to have to make some changes...From what I have been reading, Jordan Poyer is tearing it up at the senior bowl and has first round written all over him!!!!!!!! figures!
round2- Move Phillip Thomas, FS, Fresno State up to round 2 or go Tony Jefferson, FS, Oklahoma

Round 3- David Bakhtiari, OT, Colorado

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1665265/david-bakhtiari

I keep reading that Phillip Thomas is a better fit at SS, he played there at Fresno State but I guess we will find out in time if hes interchangable. We need FS more. Here is a good breakdown of where our secondary did well last year end where it did poorly. Pretty obvious our cb play was ok, our main problem was our safety play. It's been a problem since 07 when Sean died. Especially at FS, the cover safety who can cover most (if not all) of the field and cover up cb mistakes.

http://www.drafttek.com/2013-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round2b.asp

Quote:
The Washington Redskins finished 30th in the league in passing defense. The tackling of their secondary is actually underrated, ranking sixth in the league, according to Football Outsiders. The individual matchups with the #1 and #2 receivers were also dealt with fairly well, as the Redskins ranked in the middle of the pack when it comes to defending #1 and #2s.

However, the Redskins ranked 30th in defending tight ends and finished near the bottom in defending the middle of the field. All of this points to safety as the biggest need for the Redskins.

Tony Jefferson is a playmaking safety that can play free and strong safety. Since Jim Haslett likes his safeties to be interchangeable, Jefferson would be a perfect fit. Jefferson has more than enough speed to cover the entire deep end and is always looking for the hard hit when playing closer to the line. If Jefferson falls to the Redskins in the middle of the second round, expect the Redskins' pick to be in quickly.

Kennedy Paynter, Redskins Analyst
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, that is just his opinion. If he states that Haslett is looking for a playmaking S, than who better than the one S that actually led the FCS in INT's.

I wouldnt mind Jefferson. At all. I think he is going to be a stud too. But Thomas just intrigues me and I think that he is just scratching the surface of his ceiling.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Eh, that is just his opinion. If he states that Haslett is looking for a playmaking S, than who better than the one S that actually led the FCS in INT's.

I wouldnt mind Jefferson. At all. I think he is going to be a stud too. But Thomas just intrigues me and I think that he is just scratching the surface of his ceiling.
do you know of Thomas played FS or SS though at Fresno State?

When I read his bio they say he played SS. Some scouts project him as a SS in their analysis and some project him as a FS. I'm a bit miffed on where he will actually play in the NFL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: