Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions show interest in Denard Robinson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50237
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just got the answer I needed. Had nothing better to do so called 97.1 ((248) 327-2900) to see about so mentioned info.

Yea was not mentioned on air at 97.1

Relatively easy to find out after being on hold a bit.



It is cool if you want to use the scouts as your source because that info is well known. However the MYTH and I will call it a myth about Robinson calling himself out like that is 100% false.
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockcity


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 1315
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Private eyes are watching u they see your every move... Gettin into it me likes lol... who sings that song btw name that tone haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19310
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
Private eyes are watching u they see your every move... Gettin into it me likes lol... who sings that song btw name that tone haha


Just the highest selling duo of all time, Hall and Oates.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Rockcity


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 1315
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Private eyes are watching u they see your every move... Gettin into it me likes lol... who sings that song btw name that tone haha


Just the highest selling duo of all time, Hall and Oates.
LOL nicely done
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34877
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLovetheLions wrote:
1King wrote:

Your concerns aren't valid if he is playing WR, and only have some validity if he is playing RB


iLovetheLions wrote:

i dont think he can hold up as a RB
WR/KR is his only shot IMO


This was my initial post that started this whole thing, i was labeled a biased hater, glad to know we agree...


Good thing I wasn't quoting you or anything you said..............

Also, that's not why you were labeled a biased hater...............
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19310
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
iLovetheLions wrote:
1King wrote:

Your concerns aren't valid if he is playing WR, and only have some validity if he is playing RB


iLovetheLions wrote:

i dont think he can hold up as a RB
WR/KR is his only shot IMO


This was my initial post that started this whole thing, i was labeled a biased hater, glad to know we agree...


Good thing I wasn't quoting you or anything you said..............

Also, that's not why you were labeled a biased hater...............


Your right, it's the simple fact he likes MSU. That's all it takes around here.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34877
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
1King wrote:
iLovetheLions wrote:
1King wrote:

Your concerns aren't valid if he is playing WR, and only have some validity if he is playing RB


iLovetheLions wrote:

i dont think he can hold up as a RB
WR/KR is his only shot IMO


This was my initial post that started this whole thing, i was labeled a biased hater, glad to know we agree...


Good thing I wasn't quoting you or anything you said..............

Also, that's not why you were labeled a biased hater...............


Your right, it's the simple fact he likes MSU. That's all it takes around here.


Wrong again.

If you need proof, look at your first post in this thread, it was very solid, logical, gave valid reasons and no one called you out or questioned your ability to stay neutral or limit your bias on this discussion - that came later when your posts were nothing like the first.


The other guy in this quote tree's first post was "i dont think he can hold up as a RB" and backed it up with exactly nothing in that post.

The response to him was from detfan saying it could be one of several options for him to say that (including questioning his bias). Somebody else quoted detfan and added another option that it could be (and disagreed with the original person's point). I quoted that person and said that people usually back up their opinions. It was only after that that the person tried to back his opinion/point up - at that point is when the discussion began (at least with me) about the difference between being hurt and being injured.

To recap:

Slim, you were not called into question until you made statements that were biased.

ILL, didn't support his initial statement with anything and was questioned about it, (he then responded by calling someone else biased just because he was questioned about the possibility of him being biased).
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35446
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
So just got the answer I needed. Had nothing better to do so called 97.1 ((248) 327-2900) to see about so mentioned info.

Yea was not mentioned on air at 97.1

Relatively easy to find out after being on hold a bit.



It is cool if you want to use the scouts as your source because that info is well known. However the MYTH and I will call it a myth about Robinson calling himself out like that is 100% false.

LMAO!

You really don't have to resort to lying. Do you really think anyone is going to be able to know everything mentioned by any particular DJs at any given time? Did you really expect someone to fall for tat?

Sad really. You don't want to accept a legitimate piece of information so you make up something to prove you are right. Well, if it will make you feel better about yourself, you go ahead wit your bad self Cool
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50237
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
So just got the answer I needed. Had nothing better to do so called 97.1 ((248) 327-2900) to see about so mentioned info.

Yea was not mentioned on air at 97.1

Relatively easy to find out after being on hold a bit.



It is cool if you want to use the scouts as your source because that info is well known. However the MYTH and I will call it a myth about Robinson calling himself out like that is 100% false.

LMAO!

You really don't have to resort to lying. Do you really think anyone is going to be able to know everything mentioned by any particular DJs at any given time? Did you really expect someone to fall for tat?

Sad really. You don't want to accept a legitimate piece of information so you make up something to prove you are right. Well, if it will make you feel better about yourself, you go ahead wit your bad self Cool



You have failed to prove it was legit statement by Denard. Zero proof
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19310
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
So just got the answer I needed. Had nothing better to do so called 97.1 ((248) 327-2900) to see about so mentioned info.

Yea was not mentioned on air at 97.1

Relatively easy to find out after being on hold a bit.



It is cool if you want to use the scouts as your source because that info is well known. However the MYTH and I will call it a myth about Robinson calling himself out like that is 100% false.

LMAO!

You really don't have to resort to lying. Do you really think anyone is going to be able to know everything mentioned by any particular DJs at any given time? Did you really expect someone to fall for tat?

Sad really. You don't want to accept a legitimate piece of information so you make up something to prove you are right. Well, if it will make you feel better about yourself, you go ahead wit your bad self Cool


To be fair, given the time of year and their love for UM stuff, that statement and conversation would likely be remembered. Not pointing fingers and sure it may have been discussed, but if he actually said it, it would have been pretty big news on Detroit talk radio. And there would probably be a link for it.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25777
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Well, I certainly doubt he does much as a RB, since he said "I don't have the build for RB and don't think I will hold up at the next level as a RB"


Exactly when did he say that?

Apparently yesterday in an interview at the Senior Bowl.


So you want us to believe something, without context, and without a source, that you aren't even sure on when/where he said it and that you don't even trust?

Makes sense.

I honestly don't care if you brlirve it or not. But I am pretty certain the fact has quite an impact on the conversation you thought you were having.


Not really. An alleged quote from an unknown source doesn't change anything - especially without context. Even if everything checks out, the worst case scenario for me is that Denard doesn't think he could do something (though context is important here. Ive done accomplished things I didnt think I could do. Even if he were to fail, it doesnt change the fact that people used faulty logic and/or inaccurate statements in their argument - sure the end game they might be right, but not based on the reasoning they used. If I ever get proven wrong - it wouldn't be the first or last time, just like anyone else who has followed this type of stuff for long enough, if I am proven wrong I put forth actual facts and logic to support my opinion (not to say others haven't done some of the same).


Still no internet whispers of it. Considering how large NFL draft is and how much info out there it would be on internet

Why?

EDIT:
I suggest a google search. While I never found anything with the direct quote, a simple google search brought up 1000s of articles stating that NFL scouts see Denard as a WR and that he does not have the build for a RB in the NFL. And that noone sees him in that role.

As per usual, if it doesn't align with the diarhea you are spouting at the time, you will refuse to believe it regardless of sources. GL as per usual.


It would sure be nice if you posted links to support the comments you claim were made by others.

I have found a few sources that contain generalized statements without a single name attached to the comments.

Like numerous other players entering the league there is no reason that Robinson can't add some weight. Getting into an NFL weight room with the strength and conditioning coaches he could add a bit of weight without detracting from his speed. More importantly if there is any structural weakness in his build that can also be addressed.

There are numerous backs that have played at his size and I doubt his selection by the Lions would indicate they planned on giving him 25 carries up the middle every game.

Robinson has the speed an athleticism to be a valuable asset to a team and as he has demonstrated he's willing to do whatever is asked of him.

I see no reason that he can't be successful as a RB and with practice and coaching he can improve his receiving skills as well as his return skills.

He could be a very nice replacement for Best and his selection would be in later rounds.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25777
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
So just got the answer I needed. Had nothing better to do so called 97.1 ((248) 327-2900) to see about so mentioned info.

Yea was not mentioned on air at 97.1

Relatively easy to find out after being on hold a bit.



It is cool if you want to use the scouts as your source because that info is well known. However the MYTH and I will call it a myth about Robinson calling himself out like that is 100% false.

LMAO!

You really don't have to resort to lying. Do you really think anyone is going to be able to know everything mentioned by any particular DJs at any given time? Did you really expect someone to fall for tat?

Sad really. You don't want to accept a legitimate piece of information so you make up something to prove you are right. Well, if it will make you feel better about yourself, you go ahead wit your bad self Cool


So, you make an unverified statement, suggesting its legitimate expecting everyone to take your word for it when there is absolutely no evidence on the net to support your statement. Further, if Denard did make that statement I think the Detroit media would all have picked it up as it would generate tremendous buzz within the Detroit market.

Now, you turn around and claim someone else is lying?

Come on phreak that's just not reasonable.

97.1 is sports talk radio. If your claim is true, that station would be all over it. Not only would ever staff announcer know about it they would run with the story.

I worked in Radio and was News and Sports director at two different stations. If a story with this much local interest happened the on air staff would be instructed to carry it on every sports cast and make mention of it on every talk segment for 24 hours. The next 24 hour period they would be instructed to carry it on every other cast and mention it every six hours during talk programming.

Something of that magnitude with the importance of the draft and the fact Denard is a U of M alum isn't going to simply slide.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to 97.1 every time I get in the car. Can't say I've listened to every show this week, but usually when something like this is said by a player of Denard's magnitude, they'd at least announce it on the updates.

I haven't heard anything.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25777
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
I listen to 97.1 every time I get in the car. Can't say I've listened to every show this week, but usually when something like this is said by a player of Denard's magnitude, they'd at least announce it on the updates.

I haven't heard anything.


I just noticed the statement below your sig. The result? I have to change my depends. Laughing
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
I listen to 97.1 every time I get in the car. Can't say I've listened to every show this week, but usually when something like this is said by a player of Denard's magnitude, they'd at least announce it on the updates.

I haven't heard anything.


I just noticed the statement below your sig. The result? I have to change my depends. Laughing
Lol. Drastic times, call for drastic measures.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group