Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions show interest in Denard Robinson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:

ILL, didn't support his initial statement with anything and was questioned about it, (he then responded by calling someone else biased just because he was questioned about the possibility of him being biased).

wrong, i went and found a link, stating he had been removed from game due to injury in 16/34 games, this was why i didnt think he could hold up as a running back, you and detfan choose to discredit and ignore, business as usual.

I then wondered how i am automatically biased because i am a spartan fan and you two are not biased because you are wolverine fans, to which i still havent been answered

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.
1King

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLovetheLions wrote:
1King wrote:

ILL, didn't support his initial statement with anything and was questioned about it, (he then responded by calling someone else biased just because he was questioned about the possibility of him being biased).

wrong, i went and found a link, stating he had been removed from game due to injury in 16/34 games, this was why i didnt think he could hold up as a running back, you and detfan choose to discredit and ignore, business as usual.

I then wondered how i am automatically biased because i am a spartan fan and you two are not biased because you are wolverine fans, to which i still havent been answered

wrong again sir.

Your first post in this thread was:

Quote:
i dont think he can hold up as a RB
WR/KR is his only shot IMO

As you'll note, you provided exactly 0 reasoning for your opinion.

detfan then quoted you (your first post, the one I just quoted) and brought up several options (i.e. you being biased or not having seen him play much or listened to media). Another person brought up that it may just be you expressing an opinion. I then entered the conversation by responding to that person that people usually back up their opinions with "facts or logic or something substantive."

It was only after all that that you provided any reasoning to support your opinion (though it lacked context) and you admitted that you hated Michigan when you said (in response to you making your original assertion because you hated Michigan):

Quote:
A: Guilty, conversely it means i can look at him objectively with out fan glasses on

So you admitted to hating Michigan, yet claim that you aren't biased and that your hatred of Michigan means that you can assess a Michigan player objectively (which makes 0 sense btw) and also accuse someone else of being biased.

You can refer back to pages 2-3 of this thread if you want to view it all.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
iLovetheLions wrote:
1King wrote:

wrong again sir.

Quote:

detfan then quoted you (your first post, the one I just quoted) and brought up several options (i.e. you being biased or not having seen him play much or listened to media). Another person brought up that it may just be you expressing an opinion. I then entered the conversation by responding to that person that people usually back up their opinions with "facts or logic or something substantive."

It was only after all that that you provided any reasoning to support your opinion (though it lacked context) and you admitted that you hated Michigan when you said (in response to you making your original assertion because you hated Michigan):

Quote:
A: Guilty, conversely it means i can look at him objectively with out fan glasses on

So you admitted to hating Michigan, yet claim that you aren't biased and that your hatred of Michigan means that you can assess a Michigan player objectively (which makes 0 sense btw) and also accuse someone else of being biased.

so are you saying you are unbiased when looking at him? i made a statement that i thought was well know, i was then challenged, i provided facts (which are color blind) not sure what more you want me to do, i never once called him soft (in fact i credited his toughness) or even said anything about him as a player, i simply questioned his ability to hold up at RB based on a history of injuries which have caused him to leave almost 50% of his games. Where exactly is the bias?

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.
1King

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLovetheLions wrote:
1King wrote:
iLovetheLions wrote:
1King wrote:

wrong again sir.

Quote:

Quote:

so are you saying you are unbiased when looking at him? i made a statement that i thought was well know, i was then challenged, i provided facts (which are color blind) not sure what more you want me to do, i never once called him soft (in fact i credited his toughness) or even said anything about him as a player, i simply questioned his ability to hold up at RB based on a history of injuries which have caused him to leave almost 50% of his games. Where exactly is the bias?

Everyone is biased to an extent, so yes, I am technically biased. I do however do my best to limit my bias in addition to providing information and logical reasoning to support my opinions to further eliminate the possibility of bias.

Exactly, you initially stated your opinion without providing any reasoning behind that - which opens you up to criticism on why you would say that (you possibly being biased is a valid question, especially given the circumstances).

Yes facts are not "color blind", but they also need to be used properly and in-context, which you did not do. Facts, specifically statistics may not lie, but they can be misused and manipulated.

I've explained the biased part before and you admitted to your bias (you admitting to hating Michigan).

El ramster wrote:

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so to sum this up cause im getting tired of running in circles.

You believe denard has no durability concerns
I believe he does

is this correct?

Sllim Pickens wrote:
1King

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLovetheLions wrote:

I believe he does

is this correct?

It's a massive over-simplification of the discussion - but no I dont think Denard has any massive durability concerns (because he doesn't).

El ramster wrote:

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
iLovetheLions wrote:

I believe he does

is this correct?

It's a massive over-simplification of the discussion - but no I dont think Denard has any massive durability concerns (because he doesn't).

sometimes simpler is better, also just noticed you sig Wink

Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLovetheLions wrote:
1King wrote:
iLovetheLions wrote:

I believe he does

is this correct?

Says the guy with UM hate in sig and MSU avatar

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
1King

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLovetheLions wrote:
1King wrote:
iLovetheLions wrote:

I believe he does

is this correct?

and sometimes (like this instance) its not, *looks at your avy, sig, and location*

El ramster wrote:

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not certain how many skill players could account for 80% of their teams offence and not get scraped and bruised.

Robinson over the past three years has averaged 17 rushes per game as a QB. Prior to this year he was averaging more touches per game.

By comparison CJ2K also averages 17 rushes per game. I picked his numbers because the players are of comparative size.

C.J. Spiller averaged 13 rushes per game this year and he is another back the same size as Robinson.

Workload has a direct correlation to durability. As long as Robinson was drafted to fill a change of pace role and they used him for 10 - 15 carries a game, swing and screen passes I don't think durability would be the issue its being made out to be.

One other aspect that hasn't been mentioned is that RB's frequently leave the game for a few plays. Most automatically believe its simply for rest or to provide touches to another player. It can also be because they've been dinged but it isn't readily apparent whereas a QB leaving for a few plays it can be obvious.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Lionsforlife99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I got away from this thread when I did.

I may change my sig, just so that I can be unbiased again. The good news about this debate? We all get to find out next season! Hooray!

Denard has world class speed. That alone is enough to get him drafted in the mid rounds. Let's just leave it at that.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
I'm not certain how many skill players could account for 80% of their teams offence and not get scraped and bruised.

Robinson over the past three years has averaged 17 rushes per game as a QB. Prior to this year he was averaging more touches per game.

By comparison CJ2K also averages 17 rushes per game. I picked his numbers because the players are of comparative size.

C.J. Spiller averaged 13 rushes per game this year and he is another back the same size as Robinson.

Workload has a direct correlation to durability. As long as Robinson was drafted to fill a change of pace role and they used him for 10 - 15 carries a game, swing and screen passes I don't think durability would be the issue its being made out to be.

One other aspect that hasn't been mentioned is that RB's frequently leave the game for a few plays. Most automatically believe its simply for rest or to provide touches to another player. It can also be because they've been dinged but it isn't readily apparent whereas a QB leaving for a few plays it can be obvious.

Best post in here by far.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: