Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Senior Bowl Discussion thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TKellion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Senior Bowl Discussion thread Reply with quote

Watching the 1 on 1 drills between DBs and recievers.Sommers and McFadden have looked good for the CBs.Thomas and McDonald look impressive,Rambo and kid from Georgia do not.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Senior Bowl Discussion thread Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
Watching the 1 on 1 drills between DBs and recievers.Sommers and McFadden have looked good for the CBs.Thomas and McDonald look impressive,Rambo and kid from Georgia do not.
do you mean Phillip Thomas?

Please explain. I can't watch nfln, I'm at my GFs and age doesn't have nfln.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TKellion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Senior Bowl Discussion thread Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
TKellion wrote:

Yes turtle, Phillip Thomas and TJ McDonald
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philip Thomas is going to get himself into the first round. I can feel it. And that sucks cause this kid is good.

Shawn Williams from Georgia is not a very good S. He talks a big game but doesnt back it up. He is a bit soft to play the S position but slow so he cant switch to corner. He will be a back up S somewhere and probably be looked at in the 5th round.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Senior Bowl Discussion thread Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
TKellion wrote:

Yes turtle, Phillip Thomas and TJ McDonald
cool Cool thanks man
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Senior-Bowl-Tuesday-prospect-notes.html

Players who stood out on Tuesday:

1. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan- true talent with great athleticism, power and technique

2. Jonathan Jenkins, NT Georgia- legit power that interior OL can't control

3. Robert Alford, Southeastern Louisiana- Small at 5'9 but has great footwork, closing speed vs. inside breaking routes and fluid hips which makes him great at changing directions

4. Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma- very athletic, good feet and moves well but he needs to add weight and get stronger. I'm not sure that means he could fall to us in round 2 or 3, but possibly

5. TJ McDonald, USC, Safety- He had questionable play on the field but he shows good range and fluid hips in coverage and he also showed well setting the edge vs the run. TK was right about him, Bowen thinks he looked good.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Senior-Bowl-Players-Who-Struggled-on-Day-Two.html

Players who struggled day 2: of note

1. Denard Robinson, WR, Michigan
2. Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
3. Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia

Quote:
Despite displaying smooth athleticism and body control, Aboushi was not aggressive with his hands today and allowed pass rushers to get into his chest and jolt him at the POA. His lack of aggressiveness with his hands also enabled defenders to beat him with secondary pass rush moves both inside and out. Throughout practice he struggled to change directions against quick pass rushers.
Sad

Here is a sleeper that Bowen says to keep your eye on:

Jonathan Cyprien, SS, FIU- Cyprien has stood out to Bowen during practice and is built like an NFL safety(6' 209). He took good angles to the ball and he was physical when he got there.

Quote:
01/22/13 - 2013 SENIOR BOWL, MONDAY RISER: SS Jonathan Cyprien, Florida International...In a talented safety group, Florida International's Jonathan Cyprien stood out on Monday with his aggressive playing style and active demeanor. He practiced at full speed and left it all out on the field, not shying away from getting physical. Whether it was a contact drill or not, Cyprien is going to meet the ballcarrier with a pop, refusing to let up. With Kenny Vaccaro (Texas) and D.J. Swearinger (South Carolina) deciding to skip Mobile, Cyprien has a chance to emerge as the top safety at this year's Senior Bowl. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=92517&draftyear=2013&genpos=SS

He could be a late round gem ala Alfred Morris Cool
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

4. Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma- very athletic, good feet and moves well but he needs to add weight and get stronger. I'm not sure that means he could fall to us in round 2 or 3, but possibly

Heard Dallas is looking Real hard at Lane Johnson, possibly with the first-rounder... Not sure what they're doing at QB if they take T in the 1st though.

Awesome sigs by mike23md
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Heard Dallas is looking Real hard at Lane Johnson, possibly with the first-rounder... Not sure what they're doing at QB if they take T in the 1st though.
i guess they are going to give up on Doug free? Oh well, they can waste their high draft choices on more OTs if they like.

Not only do they have future Qb problems but they have problems at safety still, future OLBs, and a young NT to develop because of Brent and Ratliff's off the field problems
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyprien is a likely 5th rounder who can be a starter on a team. To me a pure he's a pure SS

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
Cyprien is a likely 5th rounder who can be a starter on a team. To me a pure he's a pure SS
yeah. Definitely a SS
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000129943/article/senior-bowl-takeaways-landry-jones-steps-up?campaign=Twitter_atl

1. Mayock loves Brian Schwenke, C from Cal. He's a great zone-scheme center who we might have our eye depending on how far he falls. Right now he's rated by most as a 3rd-5th round pick.

2. Mayock and Jeremiah also love Lane Johnson, OT OU for the same reasons Matt Bowen likes him.

3. Cbs that have stood out in Mayock's eyes are Washington's Desmond Trufant and Oregon State's Jordan Poyer. Pretty impressive considering the talent that is on display at CB
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cowboys could actually snag up Matt Barkley in the 3rd if he falls.

But right now I have then drafting:

Jonathan Jenkins, NT, Georgia
Eric Reid, S, LSU
Cyril Richardson, G, Baylor
Matt Barkley, QB, USC...

But that could change if the Cowboys feel that Barkley is better value in the 3rd.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
lavar703

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pray we somehow end up with Kejuan Riley of Alabama State...

RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/tyrann-mathieu-reportedly-spoke-with-the-redskins-jets-at-the-senior-bowl/

Quote:
Tyrann Mathieu, aka "the honey badger," is here in Mobile. Just spoke with Redskins and Jets

ow.ly/i/1oZoa

If we take him, I hope it's not with our 2nd or 3rd round picks...
lavar703

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://profootballzone.com/nfl/tyrann-mathieu-reportedly-spoke-with-the-redskins-jets-at-the-senior-bowl/

Quote:
Tyrann Mathieu, aka "the honey badger," is here in Mobile. Just spoke with Redskins and Jets

ow.ly/i/1oZoa

If we take him, I hope it's not with our 2nd or 3rd round picks...

If we take him in the third and he ends up a pro bowler are you going to care?

RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: