Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Haloti Ngata=HOF
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dregolll

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Haloti Ngata=HOF Reply with quote

Is Haloti Ngata a HOF or on that road. Great physical specimen, my question is, has he done enough to get into Canton or does he need a couple more All-Pro teams to solidify this notion. In my opinion he is a 1st ballot HOF. Your opinions please.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best 5-tech's to play and deserves consideration but at a position that doesn't get a lot of love and without the stats to overcome it.

Sig courtesy of mack.
Rosstafarian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will most likely get in but it will almost certainly not be on the first ballot.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
One of the best 5-tech's to play and deserves consideration but at a position that doesn't get a lot of love and without the stats to overcome it.

It's the stats part that will get me hesitant to say 1st ballot. Unless he has some out-of-this-world seasons with a DPOY awards in there, I can't see him getting in on the first ballot. Eventually he should get in (of course, all dependant on him not suffering some career altering injury) but the lack of "sexy" stats will hold him back initially.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he should get in, but I dont know. Aaron Smith was just as good and I dont think he will get in. 34 lineman tend to be overlooked.

I hope so though. He is one of my favorite players, even if he isnt flashy.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Haloti Ngata=HOF Reply with quote

dregolll wrote:
Is Haloti Ngata a HOF or on that road. Great physical specimen, my question is, has he done enough to get into Canton or does he need a couple more All-Pro teams to solidify this notion. In my opinion he is a 1st ballot HOF. Your opinions please.

He's very good and will probably get in someday but he is not a first time ballot HOF.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs to stay healthier in order to do so. He seems to have regained full speed and has gotten back to close-to peak form at the perfect time thsi year, but the truth is that both of the past 2 seasons he has started the year on a tear, gotten dinged up, and then proceeded to struggle to reach the All-Pro level we're used to from him during the latter half of the season. This year I think nagging injuries was compounded by the fact that with injuries all along the front 7, Ngata was being asked to pick up a ton of slack for the rest of the defense. He's capable of playing like a Hall of Famer but I'm not sure if he'll have the consistency to reach there.

He's also talked recently about how he worries about his long-term health and how that affects the way he views his future in the NFL. I think he'll see through the extent of his current contract for sure, but he's someone I wouldn't be surprised to see walk away from the game a couple of years earlier than you'd expect. He's certainly not someone I expect to be accumulating bulk stats for his career resume when he's 37 or anything along those lines.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Super Bowl ring would be mighty helpful for him.

But he will need to stay healthy and maintain his level of play.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance the Ravens would be interested in re-doing the trade for him?

Cleveland will send you Kam Wimbley and Babatunde Oshinowo straight up for Ngata
Babylon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost certainly not. Go look at the defensive tackles that have been elected to the HoF in the modern game, you've got basically a few of the backloaded 4-3 sack artists and... that's about it.

While this may change in the future (heck, for such a relatively young stat, they sure have flooded the Hall with the sack leaderboard), I'd bet against it, especially when, as FourThreeMafia mentioned, there are others who've had just as good runs, and if anything, a guy like Wilfork gets more press which is extraordinarily huge in getting into the HoF.
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends on who replaces Ray Lewis. If we get a guy that comes in and is a big contributor and we get back to that elite level as a group again I think Ngata will get alot of credit. He definitely is a beast but Hall of Fame I don't know. Him and Suggs are both going to have arguments but in the end I think they both fall short.
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic player.

Unfortunately, he happens to be playing an underappreciated position (as far as HOF voting goes) and there happen to be some exceptional 3-4 linemen that will likely take votes away from him, as well.

Maybe they should just open up a linemen hall of fame where the only voters are ones who really watch the big guys instead of going by sack numbers alone. Sure, it wouldn't get any visitors, but at least guys like Ngata would be getting some kind of recognition Laughing
lionslicer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I think he should get in, but I dont know. Aaron Smith was just as good and I dont think he will get in. 34 lineman tend to be overlooked.

Ngata gets more media attention though, which always helps.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Ngata gets more media attention though, which always helps.

He does, but its not on the level thats going to make a world of difference.

Just like Demo, he deserves much more praise and attention than he gets for what he does and what he means to his team.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now? No. He has to add to his resume to be considered for that honor. Honestly Suggs still might not have a strong enough case... and he has the DPOY title to his credit.

A Super Bowl win would certainly go a long way. He also probably would need to make a good- 5+ All Pro teams. By the end of his career... I think he'll be a very close borderline guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: