Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

skrILL's 4 Round Super Bowl Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PatriotBeast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT FOR THE PATRIOTS

Its never going to happen though

also maybe instead of Hunt a Safety

EDIT: keep Hunt and get a safety instead of Spence

Last edited by PatriotBeast on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I doubt the Cardinals would pass on Mingo in the 2nd round

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Dolphin's 1st round and 1st pick of the 2nd round, but if DaRick is still on the board for the 2nd pick of the 2nd round, I'm callin his #.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: skrILL's 4 Round Super Bowl Mock Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
[size=11]
28. Denver: Ezekiel Ansah (DE/BYU)
58. Denver: John Jenkins (DT/Georgia)
90. Denver: Nico Johnson (LB/Alabama)
122. Denver: Omoregie Uzzi (G/Geeorgia)

If it goes the way you suggest, he's what I like for the Broncos. I could see them trading ups for Lattimore though..

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
jjab360

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it for the Rams but would like it 10x more if you changed Aaron Dobson to Da'Rick Rogers, Deandre Hopkins, or Cobi Hamilton.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: skrILL's 4 Round Super Bowl Mock Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
32. San Francisco: Johnthan Banks (CB/Mississippi State)
62. San Francisco: DeAndre Hopkins (WR/Clemson)
74. San Francisco (f/CAR): John Jenkins (DT/Georgia)
94. San Francisco: William Gholston (DE/Michigan State)
126. San Francisco: Brandon Jenkins (LB/Florida State)

32. San Francisco: Johnthan Banks (CB/Mississippi State)
62. San Francisco: DeAndre Hopkins (WR/Clemson)
74. San Francisco (f/CAR): John Jenkins (DT/Georgia)
94. San Francisco: Travis Frederick (C/Wisconsin)
126. San Francisco: Levine Toilolo (TE/Stanford)

would be my preferred selection - a job well done!
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
LOVE the 1st and 4th picks for the Cardinals, but 2 and 3 should've been a Dysert pick

Warford in the 2nd would be an amazing pick. I would prefer Dysert to Nassib.

Also not sure the team goes 3 OL in the first four rounds.

That said if Mingo is there in the second round there is no way Arizona passes on a superior talent like him.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh. Keenan Allen is not worth a top 10 pick.
Stephen Tremp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Detroit Lions Reply with quote

Lions really need to trade down and pick up additional picks. They have far too many holes to fill.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would prefer a bigger WR to Austin, but nice Eagles draft.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent Eagles draft, but I have my doubts they use the #4 pick on QB.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing Very Happy

Deadpulse on the sig

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
How does it end? Hopefully it's a guy snake cause girls don't poop.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: skrILL's 4 Round Super Bowl Mock Reply with quote

So a few critiques - both positive and negative - but it's food for thought:

1) Well done not letting people bull you off the "This QB class sucks, no one's worth a 1st rounder" stuff push you off of having at least 3 QB's in your 1st round. I said the same thing in 2011 and everyone thought I was insane, and I believe the same will be the case this year... we're more likely to see 4-5 QB's go in this year's 1st round than we are only 1-2. It's just too much of a premium position these days (as in like a half-round leeway in value), that given the option between reaching for a QB in the 1st and having to likely trade multiple picks (including their 2nd) to trade back into the 1st to get what's left (because all these guys people are confident will be available in the 2nd likely won't, save for maybe 1 or 2 at most), they'll opt for the former.

1b) I'm not sure I'd project one of those teams to take a QB in the 1st to be Philadelphia, but it's possible. My reasoning in that actually isn't some amazing faith in Nick Foles or in Chip Kelly having stated that he, when UofA was an opponent, thought highly of Foles, but rather that taking a QB in the Top 5 these days (particularly in a larger sports market like Philadelphia) is effectively committing to starting said quarterback at some point in his rookie season (though the expectation seems to be moving more and more towards Day One). And that is something I'm not sure fits with Chip's calculating approach unless he falls in love with Geno as a prospect (which is possible) - and not just because of his ability to run the option... Chip's likely going to take whatever approach he believes gives them the best chance of winning the soonest.

2) Hankins will be an interesting case. I admit I actually like the fit with New Orleans, but more so for the case that I think the best chance he has to go in the Top 20 at this point is that teams go largely off of his 2011 tape (which means they're going off the tape of when his team was less successful) AND he's viewed as a good fit as a 3-4 NT (as he does have the ability, like many of of the more successful 1st round 3-4 NT's of the past, to spend time as a rookie at the 5-Tech as well as the 1-Tech, before eventually moving into the 0-Tech).

3) I just have difficult seeing Tank Carradine get selected prior to Day 3. I know, he looked REALLY good this year up until the injury. But the fact that he is coming off an injury that will keep him from working out pre-draft for teams, coupled with the fact that he really only has 1 year of quality tape, just doesn't lend itself to the theory that teams are going to roll the dice on him (particularly when he may likely have to start his rookie season on the PUP and thus miss at least 6-8 weeks, if not more). This isn't like the case of Bruce Carter who had multiple years of quality tape prior to his injury/surgery or even Obrien Schofield who at least was able to measure, workout, and play in the Senior Bowl prior to getting injured in the pre-draft process. It's just a case of "realistically" I don't see a team rolling the dice on him till Round 4 or 5.

4) With respect to the Chargers, while I'm not his most ardent fan Desmond Trufant is more realistic than Robert Woods. I get that some people get a burr up their butts that "San Diego has to replace Vincent Jackson" and I actually like Woods as a prospect. However, people are rather quick to completely forget about Vincent Brown (who is a very similar type of player to Woods). Has Robert Meachem failed to achieve any kind of quality production thus far? Yes. Does that mean the team is likely to rush out and replace him with an early draft pick after extending Malcom Floyd halfway through last season, having Brown coming back off IR, and having a good chunk of money committed to both Meachem and Royal for 2013? Not really. I won't be shocked to see us draft a WR, but doing it early is just too much of a luxury for it to qualify as the "best case of value meeting need" approach our GM has stated is how he's going to go about the draft.

Others I could see as options at the 2nd round pick are Jesse Williams (Vaughn Martin will likely be let to walk in FA, Cam Thomas hasn't done enough to lockdown NTotF for us, and Williams is quality value with a high floor), Jon Cooper (back-to-back OL selections isn't very likely... unless 1st round value like Cooper were to fall to us in the 2nd - both our starting OG's are FA's and we don't have a proven long-term option at center, thus he's a really good fit), or even - believe it or not - Gio Bernard (again, it's value and Ryan Mathews - while he was a high pick investment was the previous administration's high pick investment. Not to mention, I keep hearing more and more about him being constantly out partying it up in downtown San Diego, so the fact that he still exhibits technical flaws to his game that are typically fixed in a player's rookie season, and he's now entering his 3rd year, gives me serious pause about his work ethic).

In the 3rd, if Trufant is there and we haven't selected a CB to that point, I'm not arguing in the slightest. If we've already selected Trufant/CB or he's not available, Sean Porter's a good fit of value and need. As coudl be argued Markus Wheaton, Dallas Thomas (won't be there, most likely), Datone Jones (won't make it past the 2nd round), Phillip Thomas, and Christine Michael.

Watson in the 4th is good value and pick. If we haven't taken an RB by that point, you won't find me arguing if we rolled the dice on Marcus Lattimore either. Could it be considered putting an injury-prone player behind another player with a penchant for getting injured? Sure. But I don't question Lattimore's work ethic for a minute and at his current level he's further developed as a pass-blocker and less prone to fumble than Mathews is. Additionally, with Mathews on the roster (at least till he gets inevitably nicked up again) there's no need to press Lattimore into action from the outset and give him a massive carry-load. Could be a very similar situation to the Cowboys drafting DeMarco Murray.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am a big fan.
sadjag

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely love it. Some people will hate on Barkley but the top of the 3rd is good value imo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: