You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mega-Bust JaMarcus Russell to Attempt Comeback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
I just watched the first episode of Russell's workout program.

I want to see this man back in the NFL. WANT it.

Oh hell, I'd welcome him to the Cardinals. All he'd have to do is throw bombs to Fitz.

You apparently never watched him play...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
x0x wrote:
I just watched the first episode of Russell's workout program.

I want to see this man back in the NFL. WANT it.

Oh hell, I'd welcome him to the Cardinals. All he'd have to do is throw bombs to Fitz.

You apparently never watched him play...

Yup.

To throw a bomb, you have to be able to stay on your feet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6kK73wpGNM

That said, I think it would be awesome if he made it back onto an NFL roster, I'm rooting for him.

I just don't think it's likely.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres another video now of a pro day kinda thing
he had a 5.2 40
dude is HUGE

new sig... sorry alex
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell will not be denied.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

perfectly fitting that the best play of his career is a 1st down scamper which cameos the most unathletic spin move of all time (I would be willing to argue that JR looks worse for that than Gocong efforts to stop him)
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell is without a doubt a top 5 bust of all time, but i cant imagine that if he gets his act together, gets his weight down, and gets in game shape that he isnt good enough to be someones 3rd QB.

NFL Scouting isnt always exact, but its not so bad that a #1 pick isnt good enough to be a 3rd stringer

the problem with most draft busts is the attitude that they have, and that might be the problem here as well i dont know. With Ryan Leaf, he could have had a long career as a back up QB, possibly a starting QB but he had the worst attitude ever

If Russell gets himself and his off the field junk together (including weight) then i think he can make an NFL roster

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Russell is without a doubt a top 5 bust of all time, but i cant imagine that if he gets his act together, gets his weight down, and gets in game shape that he isnt good enough to be someones 3rd QB.

NFL Scouting isnt always exact, but its not so bad that a #1 pick isnt good enough to be a 3rd stringer

the problem with most draft busts is the attitude that they have, and that might be the problem here as well i dont know. With Ryan Leaf, he could have had a long career as a back up QB, possibly a starting QB but he had the worst attitude ever

If Russell gets himself and his off the field junk together (including weight) then i think he can make an NFL roster

That's a huge if. Even if he does somehow lose all this weight and makes a team, I think he'll just go back to his lazy ways after getting some money. He has absolutely no heart, and doesn't belong on a football field.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

That's a huge if. Even if he does somehow lose all this weight and makes a team, I think he'll just go back to his lazy ways after getting some money. He has absolutely no heart, and doesn't belong on a football field.

i can agree with all that, but talent wise he could still save his career....i guess the real question is what did he do with his 30 million? If he is still wealthy and hasnt blown that money then i can see him being lazy. If he woke up one day to realize that he is broke, then i could see him getting his act together

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
x0x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think JaMarcus has the right people around him who have cleaned his head a tad bit.

I don't believe people change, but people do mature and certain traits are tied to maturity.

Laziness is tied to maturity. All one has to do is give enough thought to how they're being unproductive and make the decision to become productive. That I believe in.

What's depressing is Ryan Leaf's "comeback" in 2000.

Now something to keep in mind is Leaf was 24 and actually more unreliable than what Russell has demonstrated.

Believe it or not, Leaf is one of the most idiotic individuals to ever grace the football field in the NFL. That isn't an acceptable trait for a QB so yeah....

I'm not going to defend Jamarcus as a wise individual, but he seems more tame and less prone to flagrant idiocy. Leaf's emotional outburts are of legend.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

JaMarcus Russell Wilson?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So talented but yet so lazy and has no work ethic. If he cared even a little he would still be in the league.
Roninho

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

i can agree with all that, but talent wise he could still save his career....i guess the real question is what did he do with his 30 million? If he is still wealthy and hasnt blown that money then i can see him being lazy. [b]If he woke up one day to realize that he is broke, then i could see him getting his act together[/]b

If he indeed has most of his money left, and he can into perfect shape then imo he at least shows he is motivated and might indeed have turned his work ethic issues past him. I'm not buying it yet, and first want to see if he can indeed turn up in perfect shape. But if he does imo some team will be interested.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holding a pro day style work out April 10th.

Larry Fitzgerald is one of the receivers he will be throwing to.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Holding a pro day style work out April 10th.

Larry Fitzgerald is one of the receivers he will be throwing to.

I actually hope he does a good job and someone takes a chance. Hell if he turns up to his work out at 260ish and still has a great arm I would be more than happy for the Browns to have a look at him as a back up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As big a bust as he was, he did have a few really good games where he showed some flashes and really made you think he might end up pretty good.

That spin move gif was not his "best play" he had a few highlight reel rocket TDs.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: