You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mega-Bust JaMarcus Russell to Attempt Comeback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lavar703

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanatos wrote:
Wish him the best, he had elite arm strength but I didn't see much else in him outside of his athletic abilities. He is likely inspired by the emergence of more athletic QB's in the NFL. I don't think he is going to end up anywhere but I hope he proves me wrong. It would make a nice story.

Why would you call him an athletic QB? He's purely a pocket passer with zero ability to take off and run. I'm not going to lie, this generalization is starting to get really annoying.
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Did anyone else hear that story where the Raiders gave Russell a blank CD and they told him it had the playbook on it, and they asked him if he studied it and he said yes.

If that's true (and i am skeptical), that's hilarious.

~T.S. Eliot
fluhartz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
He spend all that money that quick?

this.. and you know he did... what a turd

I say him and Vick go to the Jets, run the triple option with Tebow... how can it lose...
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Now, We need a "Who'd you rather Thread" Tebow or Russell

That actually poses an interesting question: which one has a better shot at landing a spot on the 53 somewhere?

Tebow is obviously the better football player, but brings the circus to town. Russell is a waste of space, but he's got some talent and won't be all that hyped beyond the initial ESPN reaction (maybe a days worth of coverage).

~T.S. Eliot
kmvoss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega-Bust JaMarcus Russell to Attempt Comeback Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Ian Rapoport wrote:
Best Mobile-based news of the week: JaMarcus Russell is making a comeback! No lie. At 305 lbs now, hoping for 265. May make a Combine cameo.

Laughing

He is quite thick. Either he's switching to NT or this is not going to end well.

He is thick in every sense of the word, but I don't blame him for trying. He knows he will live in a world of regret as he ages if he doesn't try and salvage what he can.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Did anyone else hear that story where the Raiders gave Russell a blank CD and they told him it had the playbook on it, and they asked him if he studied it and he said yes.

I didnt even hear that! Hahahahaha. Laughing Laughing Laughing

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
I'm not going to count this one out yet. There are some big "IFs" tied to this, too many to count - but if he were to get to most of them, he had some natural gifts you couldn't teach, such as beyond-elite arm strength. Warren Sapp once said that Russell could throw a strawberry through a battleship, guy had a rail gun for an arm.

The arm will get folks to notice, but it's the least of his concerns if he's going to make this happen. He's got a lot of work to do.

I was wondering why you added an S to gift. He had Arm strength. What other gifts do you speak of?
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Thanatos wrote:
Wish him the best, he had elite arm strength but I didn't see much else in him outside of his athletic abilities. He is likely inspired by the emergence of more athletic QB's in the NFL. I don't think he is going to end up anywhere but I hope he proves me wrong. It would make a nice story.

Why would you call him an athletic QB? He's purely a pocket passer with zero ability to take off and run. I'm not going to lie, this generalization is starting to get really annoying.

Same reason Jason Campbell gets call one and Andrew Luck doesnt. Its stupid.
Thanatos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Thanatos wrote:

I'm stating all of his athletic abilities, not just the "scrambling abilities" that most associate with the word athleticism in the pro game. I'm basically saying that he's a phenomenal athlete (being able to throw the ball 60+ yards from your knees is amazing) but he has no intelligence or intangibles that I would want. I laughed at Oakland for taking him because even Hellen Keller saw and heard the train wreck that was going to happen mentally for him.

QB's are getting away with using a bit more athleticism at the position now than in the past when it was mostly reading your options and a defensive oriented game. I'm saying that Russell could probably get away with a little more now than 5 years ago. That's all, no generalizations included in that. I'm not saying that a guy with Peyton Manning's speed could become a scrambling QB. I'm saying that he's a gifted athlete but doesn't have the intelligence to play the position on and off the field.
biggio7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he can make a comeback, great. Good for him if he does put in the big effort for it. He could be good if he actually puts in an effort and studies hard. If he lands a spot, he will be younger than Brandon Weeden, and has more "experience" in the league.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

If that's true (and i am skeptical), that's hilarious.

I heard that story before. Although I can't confirm if it's true.

Either way, he's way too lazy to play QB in the NFL...
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any person who seeks to improve themselves has my endorsement.
Django

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasnt he getting looked at by the Bengals and Jets before the purple drank incident?

Its amazing how much that could changed his career outlook. Just being on an NFL roster for the past few years would have given him a shot.

I dont think a team signs him...But for him...I hope someone does.

Its a shame. So much potential wasted. Should have been a Big Ben or even a Joe Flacco esque QB (based on potential)

But he just didnt care...
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanatos wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Thanatos wrote:

I'm stating all of his athletic abilities, not just the "scrambling abilities" that most associate with the word athleticism in the pro game. I'm basically saying that he's a phenomenal athlete (being able to throw the ball 60+ yards from your knees is amazing) but he has no intelligence or intangibles that I would want. I laughed at Oakland for taking him because even Hellen Keller saw and heard the train wreck that was going to happen mentally for him.

QB's are getting away with using a bit more athleticism at the position now than in the past when it was mostly reading your options and a defensive oriented game. I'm saying that Russell could probably get away with a little more now than 5 years ago. That's all, no generalizations included in that. I'm not saying that a guy with Peyton Manning's speed could become a scrambling QB. I'm saying that he's a gifted athlete but doesn't have the intelligence to play the position on and off the field.

Don't worry, people jump to conclusions over your intentions any time the word athleticisim or running comes up to discuss a QB.
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be an amazing comeback story, and would definitely have my approval.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: