You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mega-Bust JaMarcus Russell to Attempt Comeback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
silus wrote:
It would be awesome if he could reinvent himself as a bad as tight end or maybe defensive end (very good feet).

He is too dumb and unmotivated to be a QB and the leader of a team.

Yes, seeing JaMarcus as a bad tight end would indeed be awesome.

Imagine him trying to run block? Laughing
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if they fix him physically he still has a terrible football IQ
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can people say Jamarcus didn't have potential? He has arguably the biggest arm the NFL has ever seen, he just got his fat paycheck and stopped caring the second he was drafted. IF he has the motivation I could see someone signing him as a backup and then him getting a starting gig in a season or two if he performs.
[quote="Texansfan713"]Go Pelicans![/quote]
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
SFPatsFan wrote:
I am always shocked at how fast NFL players go broke.

I'm not. Most of them are terrible at simple arithmatic, let alone complex investments.

The common problems these guys face are:

1) Buddies asking them to invest in some dumb thing they made. That money is usually flushed down the toilet.

2) Spending like they make $5/million per year. Not a problem until they retire. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you save $10 million while you play, it will only take a few years to burn through that nest egg. Most of those guys don't know how to stop spending after they stop making absurd amounts of money (and to be fair, this problem isn't limited to NFL players or even athletes - many Americans spend every dime they make, some spend more than they make).

Side note: i always love when people point out how easy it should be save money when you make millions per year. Well, it should be easy if you make 50k per year too. Just spend less than you make. If you make 50k and spend 50k, you're just as bad as them. But this is a discussion for TAST.

People who make this argument always live in the mystical fantasy world where no one ever gets sick, injured, has to pay for a funeral, has kids, massive cut backs in their profession or any possible event that could affect their spending habits by thousands/tens of thousands of dollars.
fluhartz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
SFPatsFan wrote:

I'm not. Most of them are terrible at simple arithmatic, let alone complex investments.

1) Buddies asking them to invest in some dumb thing they made. That money is usually flushed down the toilet.

2) Spending like they make $5/million per year. Not a problem until they retire. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you save $10 million while you play, it will only take a few years to burn through that nest egg. Most of those guys don't know how to stop spending after they stop making absurd amounts of money (and to be fair, this problem isn't limited to NFL players or even athletes - many Americans spend every dime they make, some spend more than they make).

Side note: i always love when people point out how easy it should be save money when you make millions per year. Well, it should be easy if you make 50k per year too. Just spend less than you make. If you make 50k and spend 50k, you're just as bad as them. But this is a discussion for TAST.

all so true...

Did you watch "Broke" the 30 for 30? I think the show was supposed to make you think they have it tough and it's hard to keep you money. It actually made me think they are even dumber than I thought. It was basically an hour show of them telling us how stupid they are. Leon Searcy(I think) was talking about how he was already broke after retirement, and for some reason he got a check for $60,000. Instead of using the money for something good, like mortgage payment/rent, food or something like that. He went out and bought a $55,000 Denali....lol
The only one I felt bad for was Bernie Kosar, his dad/family ripped him off.
Bart Scott was on there talking about how he is smart with his money and doesn't let the hang on guys get their's. He know the NFL isn't forever and needs to keep his money and make it last forever.... He was the only one with any sense on the whole show.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
How can people say Jamarcus didn't have potential? He has arguably the biggest arm the NFL has ever seen, he just got his fat paycheck and stopped caring the second he was drafted. IF he has the motivation I could see someone signing him as a backup and then him getting a starting gig in a season or two if he performs.

This is the thing though. When people talk about the potential JaMarcus Russell may have had, what happens to really be the only thing they think about? His arm strength. He was a big guy with a big arm but I sort of agree. While he certainly did have potential, I don't think it was as much as people made it out to be.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

This is the thing though. When people talk about the potential JaMarcus Russell may have had, what happens to really be the only thing they think about? His arm strength. He was a big guy with a big arm but I sort of agree. While he certainly did have potential, I don't think it was as much as people made it out to be.

He was accurate in college and extremely hard to bring down, and contrary to popular belief he read NFL defenses just fine. He just gave absolutely zero effort. IF he puts in 100% I could see him being a serviceable player.
[quote="Texansfan713"]Go Pelicans![/quote]
CaribouLou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Would be hilarious to see him come back and become an elite QB... Laughing

This has always been my nightmare. Not saying it's even close to happening but I would hate that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Jamarcus actually look pretty good at the end of his rookie year with the Raiders? I can't remember if he threw 2 or 3 TD passes against the Chargers then and looked like he had a future ahead of him.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
theJ wrote:
SFPatsFan wrote:

People who make this argument always live in the mystical fantasy world where no one ever gets sick, injured, has to pay for a funeral, has kids, massive cut backs in their profession or any possible event that could affect their spending habits by thousands/tens of thousands of dollars.

That's what savings and emergency funds are for. It is not hard to save money. What is hard is telling yourself "no" when you think you need something, when in reality you don't.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.
ramsgoooo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is he broke if he's hired like 5 people to train him? He may not be as rich but I doubt he's flat broke

Sorry bout it, Oakland. You can enjoy your 1 playoff win and then get back to losing 85 games next season.

Was said in 2012^^
Victor Cruz Pun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ4life wrote:
Didn't Jamarcus actually look pretty good at the end of his rookie year with the Raiders? I can't remember if he threw 2 or 3 TD passes against the Chargers then and looked like he had a future ahead of him.

He had a touchdown and a pick but was also 23 of 31 for 224 yards and a 91.3 QB rating Shocked
Django

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

He was accurate in college and extremely hard to bring down, and contrary to popular belief he read NFL defenses just fine. He just gave absolutely zero effort. IF he puts in 100% I could see him being a serviceable player.

Yea people dont remember..

Dude was clutch as hell in college. He actually had decent mobility for a guy 260 in college. Doing double spins and heaving the football 60 yards down the field.
Django

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
CJ4life wrote:

He had a touchdown and a pick but was also 23 of 31 for 224 yards and a 91.3 QB rating Shocked

Last 3 games in 2008 (his 2nd year)

He had 6 tds 2ints 98 QB rating.

His 2009 year is when he went completely off the deep end.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here I thought we heard the last of him.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: