Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mega-Bust JaMarcus Russell to Attempt Comeback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Django

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this scene fits no QB more than JaMarcus. Just imagine the one next to him is his diet. Laughing Or people who enabled him to be so lazy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBiewQrpBBA
RBrown86

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can he play nose tackle?

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy
macklemore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people are doggin on his weight, but he is still more mobile than Tom Brady at 300 lbs, not even joking.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
Yea people dont remember..

Dude was clutch as hell in college. He actually had decent mobility for a guy 260 in college. Doing double spins and heaving the football 60 yards down the field.

Not even close. He was worse in big games than Brady Quinn, who was slammed for his big game performances. Brady Quinn never once threw more picks than TDs against a ranked team. Russell against good teams his last year:

Lost 3-7 to Auburn. 20/35 passing, 269 yards, no TDs or picks.
Lost 10-23 to Florida. 24/41 passing, 228 yards, 1 TD, 3 picks.
Win 28-24 to Tenn. 24/36 passing, 247 yards, 3 TD, 3 picks.
Win 31-26 to Arkansas. 14/22 passing, 210 yards, 2 TD, 0 picks.

Against good teams/defenses he averaged 240 yards a game, 1.5 TD, and 1.5 INT.

Against bad teams, he put up around 240 yards a game, but had 22 touchdowns (2.5/game) and only 2 interceptions (about one every 4 games)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much like Pat White, he has to get a contract to make a comeback

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Django

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Django wrote:

Dude was clutch as hell in college. He actually had decent mobility for a guy 260 in college. Doing double spins and heaving the football 60 yards down the field.

Not even close. He was worse in big games than Brady Quinn, who was slammed for his big game performances. Brady Quinn never once threw more picks than TDs against a ranked team. Russell against good teams his last year:

Against bad teams, he put up around 240 yards a game, but had 22 touchdowns (2.5/game) and only 2 interceptions (about one every 4 games)

This is where STATS are meaningless. The only game he was terrible in was the Tenn game. But led a game winning drive.

LSU's wrs dropped a couple passes that turned into ints.

The Auburn game was one in which LSU fans till this day say their OC blew that game. It was a rivalry low scoring, physical defensive game. This was before LSU even had a running game.

The eye test showed JaMarcus was a big time college player. Its in his heart/head that hurt him most.

As Mike Mayock said." JaMarcus is the most physically gifted and talented QB ever......I just question whether he loves the game"
QB Connoisseur

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
He spend all that money that quick?

He saved most of it.

If he's taking this seriously, then he should get a shot somewhere. If nothing else, he can throw 70 yard Hail Marys at the end of a half/game.
roger murdock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Django wrote:

This is where STATS are meaningless. The only game he was terrible in was the Tenn game. But led a game winning drive.

LSU's wrs dropped a couple passes that turned into ints.

The Auburn game was one in which LSU fans till this day say their OC blew that game. It was a rivalry low scoring, physical defensive game. This was before LSU even had a running game.

The eye test showed JaMarcus was a big time college player. Its in his heart/head that hurt him most.

As Mike Mayock said." JaMarcus is the most physically gifted and talented QB ever......I just question whether he loves the game"

Physically, Jamarcus Russell was a disaster. He was fat even before he got into the league, and his arm talent was always overrated because he lacked ball placement,

He might have the strongest arm ever, but there are so many more physically gifted QBs in the league that its nuts.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Malik wrote:
theJ wrote:
SFPatsFan wrote:
I am always shocked at how fast NFL players go broke.

I'm not. Most of them are terrible at simple arithmatic, let alone complex investments.

The common problems these guys face are:

1) Buddies asking them to invest in some dumb thing they made. That money is usually flushed down the toilet.

2) Spending like they make $5/million per year. Not a problem until they retire. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you save $10 million while you play, it will only take a few years to burn through that nest egg. Most of those guys don't know how to stop spending after they stop making absurd amounts of money (and to be fair, this problem isn't limited to NFL players or even athletes - many Americans spend every dime they make, some spend more than they make).

Side note: i always love when people point out how easy it should be save money when you make millions per year. Well, it should be easy if you make 50k per year too. Just spend less than you make. If you make 50k and spend 50k, you're just as bad as them. But this is a discussion for TAST.

People who make this argument always live in the mystical fantasy world where no one ever gets sick, injured, has to pay for a funeral, has kids, massive cut backs in their profession or any possible event that could affect their spending habits by thousands/tens of thousands of dollars.

That's what savings and emergency funds are for. It is not hard to save money. What is hard is telling yourself "no" when you think you need something, when in reality you don't.

It's probably much harder when you're living at the top of the world making 7-8 digits. You probably feel invincible, especially at such a young age. Hell, I feel good when I get a Christmas bonus let alone a 10$ million signing bonus.
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Malik wrote:
theJ wrote:
SFPatsFan wrote:

I'm not. Most of them are terrible at simple arithmatic, let alone complex investments.

1) Buddies asking them to invest in some dumb thing they made. That money is usually flushed down the toilet.

2) Spending like they make $5/million per year. Not a problem until they retire. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you save $10 million while you play, it will only take a few years to burn through that nest egg. Most of those guys don't know how to stop spending after they stop making absurd amounts of money (and to be fair, this problem isn't limited to NFL players or even athletes - many Americans spend every dime they make, some spend more than they make).

Side note: i always love when people point out how easy it should be save money when you make millions per year. Well, it should be easy if you make 50k per year too. Just spend less than you make. If you make 50k and spend 50k, you're just as bad as them. But this is a discussion for TAST.

People who make this argument always live in the mystical fantasy world where no one ever gets sick, injured, has to pay for a funeral, has kids, massive cut backs in their profession or any possible event that could affect their spending habits by thousands/tens of thousands of dollars.

That's what savings and emergency funds are for. It is not hard to save money. What is hard is telling yourself "no" when you think you need something, when in reality you don't.

It's probably much harder when you're living at the top of the world making 7-8 digits. You probably feel invincible, especially at such a young age. Hell, I feel good when I get a Christmas bonus let alone a 10$ million signing bonus.

I wouldn't doubt that. I wasn't really arguing against that, though.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Malik wrote:
theJ wrote:
SFPatsFan wrote:

I just quoted you because it was easier.
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Malik wrote:
theJ wrote:
SFPatsFan wrote:

I just quoted you because it was easier.

I'm being used and i'm "easy"

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

PurplePeterson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Russell is trying to make a comeback, he is broke and needs the money
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
]

I'm being used and i'm "easy"

Don't worry, I'll call you back in the morning.

Pfft, as if.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If JaMarcus is serious about making a comeback and truly wants to and is willing to put the work in this time around, then I think he could certainly get a job with a team as a backup QB. The physical talent is obviously there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13

Jump to: