You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cassel/Crennel
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Cassel/Crennel Reply with quote

If you take those 2 guys and put them on any team you want in the NFL, Pats, Packers, 49ers, Ravens, whoever you think has the most talented roster? What's the max # of wins you see that team getting?

I think it'd be the 49ers with 4 wins. MAYBE 5.
Ravens would get 4 at most

Rearviewmirror wrote:
I'm not trying to start the tired Chiefs vs the world arguments with who is better or anything, the only thing I want to find out is the perception of how much the QB/HC combo hurt KC last year.

Denver fans if you think you're roster is great what do you think you're record would have been with Cassel/Crennel instead of Manning/Fox, same for 9ers, Texans, Packers, Ravens, whatever... This isn't about the Chiefs talent outside of QB it's about the effect of that combo on a team no matter how talented they are.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-

Last edited by Rearviewmirror on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if the Bengals kept Zimmer and Gruden in their coordinator positions, I'm guessing we would lose 2-3 more games. Not much more than that. Our coordinators are what make the team go so I don't see a big issue with replacing Marvin with fatter Marvin (Although last season Marvin did pretty well).

Cassel is pretty bad. Which would equate to the 2-3 more losses...

Last edited by TheVillain112 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
jagman777

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so it begins.

popcorn.gif
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

Browns?

Bout the same lol

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I don't get this...

The 2010 Haley/Cassell Chiefs went 10-6. They got spanked in the playoffs, and had a last place schedule IIRC, but won 10 games nonetheless.

Are you saying that Haley >>> Crennel? Well that doesn't make a ton of sense since Crennel did win 10 games as HC of the Browns.

Are you saying that 2010 chiefs talent >>> 2012 49'ers and Ravens?
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
So I don't get this...

The 2010 Haley/Cassell Chiefs went 10-6. They got spanked in the playoffs, and had a last place schedule IIRC, but won 10 games nonetheless.

Are you saying that Haley >>> Crennel? Well that doesn't make a ton of sense since Crennel did win 10 games as HC of the Browns.

Jamal Lewis, KWII and Braylon Edwards being overtaken by MONSTARS, coupled with Derek Anderson getting hit with a meteor win 10 games for the Browns.

Crennel is trash.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers would be an 8-9 win team.
Ravens a 7-8 win team.
Pats a 4-5 win team (Brady is what makes them go)
Packers a 4-5 win team (Rodgers similar to Brady)

Basically any team that doesn't have their QB carry them and yet are still highly successful would still be able to win a decent amount of games, provided their running attack and defenses are above average.

Edit before the inevitable "LOL the Chiefs running game is elite and our defense is above average and we only got 2!" posts -- I'm not going to have yet another thread where I defend my viewpoint against closed-minded Chiefs fans who just want to throw the blame purely on their QB/coach like I have a million times for the past year.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]

Last edited by Flaccomania on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
So I don't get this...

Jamal Lewis, KWII and Braylon Edwards being overtaken by MONSTARS, coupled with Derek Anderson getting hit with a meteor win 10 games for the Browns.

Crennel is trash.

I agree that Crennel is hot garbage, that's sort of my point. That Browns team was able to win in spite of him, thus the contention that the Chiefs are so talented but are handicapped by Crennel/Cassell to such a degree they wind up with the #1 pick in the draft doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not trying to argue that Crennel and Cassell aren't awful. Just that the talent level in KC may be behind where the OP thinks it is.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
So I don't get this...

Crennel is trash.

I agree that Crennel is hot garbage, that's sort of my point. That Browns team was able to win in spite of him, thus the contention that the Chiefs are so talented but are handicapped by Crennel/Cassell to such a degree they wind up with the #1 pick in the draft doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not trying to argue that Crennel and Cassell aren't awful. Just that the talent level in KC may be behind where the OP thinks it is.

I see your point, but it was a complete and utter fluke that we won 10 games that year.

It was the best season for 3 of the 4 guys ever.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
So I don't get this...

Crennel is trash.

I see your point, but it was a complete and utter fluke that we won 10 games that year.

It was the best season for 3 of the 4 guys ever.

I had to reread your response. haha. I thought you were saying it was all of those guys' best years. And that's something as a Browns fan you would HAVE to know was false Cool
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
49ers would be an 8-9 win team.
Ravens a 7-8 win team.
Pats a 4-5 win team (Brady is what makes them go)
Packers a 4-5 win team (Rodgers similar to Brady)

Basically any team that doesn't have their QB carry them and yet are still highly successful would still be able to win a decent amount of games, provided their running attack and defenses are above average.

Edit before the inevitable "LOL the Chiefs running game is elite and our defense is above average and we only got 2!" posts -- I'm not going to have yet another thread where I defend my viewpoint against closed-minded Chiefs fans who just want to throw the blame purely on their QB/coach like I have a million times for the past year.

I can not wait until you are proven wrong this season. This tells me all I need to know. I imagine if you added Daboll in you'd say you'd win 6 games. Hope we meet in the playoffs again. Good luck this season.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People seem to forget Cassel had 11 wins with the Patriots in 2008 and 10 wins with the Chiefs in 2010. With talented teammates and good coaching, he's shown the capacity to at least not be a hindrance to a team. Considering the talent a team like the 49ers have (not to mention the coaching), I could see Cassel leading them to a 10-win season at least.

Now once you throw Crennel into the mix, things start to change. I still think there are teams that are too talented not to at least make a run at a winning season even with Crennel and Cassel. I could still see San Francisco, Baltimore, or New England get at least 8 wins while cursed with Cassel / Crennel. This assumes that the Coordinators stay in place, of course. As in, Brian Dabboll & Gary Gibbs doesn't follow Crennel.

Nacho Simulation Football League

Last edited by TheKillerNacho on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
People seem to forget Cassel had 11 wins with the Patriots in 2008 and 10 wins with the Chiefs in 2010. With talented teammates and good coaching, he's shown the capacity to at least not be a hindrance to a team. Considering the talent a team like the 49ers have (not to mention the coaching), I could see Cassel leading them to a 10-win season at least.

Now once you throw Crennel into the mix, things start to change. I still think there are teams that are too talented not to at least make a run at a winning season even with Crennel and Cassel. I could still see San Francisco, Baltimore, or New England get at least 8 wins while cursed with Cassel / Crennel.

so then you want him to back up Tanny in Miami?

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

Now once you throw Crennel into the mix, things start to change. I still think there are teams that are too talented not to at least make a run at a winning season even with Crennel and Cassel. I could still see San Francisco, Baltimore, or New England get at least 8 wins while cursed with Cassel / Crennel.

so then you want him to back up Tanny in Miami?

I'd rather keep Matt Moore, to be honest. But if Cassel is released and we don't retain Moore, I don't see why Cassel couldn't be a backup QB for us (I think he'd be picked up as a backup somewhere for sure). Cassel isn't talented enough to be a starting QB, but there are worse backups in the league than him.

Are you really suggesting Cassel isn't even a backup quality player? If so I think you're being blinded by sheer hate of him, man.

Nacho Simulation Football League
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Are you really suggesting Cassel isn't even a backup quality player? If so I think you're being blinded by sheer hate of him, man.

Cassel looks like a broken man these days (kind of like Sanchez except older). He was decent enough 2-3 years ago for a backup role. Now he's just a turnover machine with no confidence or arm strength.

A change of scenery might do him good, but I wouldn't want him on the Bengals...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: