Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins interested in Revis? Trade suggestions here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slateman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Honestly how is this thread five pages? Neither side would ever do this trade there isn't much to discuss.

Pro Bowl week Sad
TKellion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
TKellion wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
TKellion wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
aceinthehouse wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
No way! The.first overall isn't exactly a coveted spot this year. We need both Rak and Cousins.

You wouldn't trade Orakpo & Cousins to lock down our RT spot with a Luke Joeckel @#1?

Or possibly trade down from #1, to maybe 10-15 range & pick up extra picks. Perhaps even for the 2014 draft.

Take MLB Monte Teo in that spot (10-15) or maybe a CB Dee Milliner is sitting there after a trade down?

Or a S Kenny Vaccaro?

I think we need to look at all options.
why would you trade a pro bowl talent OLB who has gotten 11, 8.5 and 9 sacks in each year he's played in 15 + games and he has potential to get more and our 24 year old back up QB who won is two games last year for a Tackle prospect who would have to move to the right side but had never played on the right side?

We have two proven young players and you want to trade them for one unknown player in the draft. No thanks bro Shame on you
The only reason you do a trade like this is 1.You dont believe Orakpo can stay healthy going forward.He is worth nothing to our defense rehabbing an injury. 2.A pass rusher of equal or better ability is available in the draft. 3.You are certain Griffin will be ready for the season opener.Or you have a back up plan at QB to cover his absense. It all depends on those three things.You trade for #1 you find a team that wants one of the top three talents to trade up and aquire extra picks.Say we pick up extra 2nd,3rd and 4th round picks to go along with a middle to late 1st rounder.Would you do it then?
NO!!!

The #1 pick doesn't have the value it did last year because there is no Luck or RG3. I guarentee we'd be stuck with it and then who are we going to take an unproven OLB like Jarvis Jones or Damontre Moore, a NT like Star Lotulelei, a CB like Dee Milner or a OT like Luke Joeckel?

We give up a pro bowl OLB and a QB who's proven he's a great back up to have and we may be able to trade for a 1st by himself if he gets to play a little more for players who may never be as good?

It's a ridiculous trade idea. Period
You know its fun to argue with turtle sometimes Laughing He puts such finality in his responses like there is no chance in this universe Laughing But turtle nothing is impossible,maybe improbable but that is different.Maybe you wont get a 3 1st rounder plus a second rounder hall for it.BUT if you want to trade down,there will be offers from the teams that do want Joeckel or Milner.Plus like I said before if the guy is injury prone now,that pro bowl talent is worth didly squat in rehab Laughing Twisted Evil
it won't happen, just like I said we'd never trade for Dewayne Bowe when Ace brought that up. The chiefs have two good OLBs, they don't need Orakpo. Neither front office will even entertain the thought. This isn't fantasy

As for Orakpo being injury prone now. I go back to the precedent set by D'Qwell Jackson he had Orakpo's same exact injury two years in a row also. He returned the past two years to play like a pro bowler again. I'm keeping Orakpo and if he does prove to be healthy through the first 1/2 of the season I'm going one step further and locking up this teams best pass rusher long term before he will hit free agency next year.
YOUR GONNA LOCK HIM UP?Is that you Bruce,Mike?Or are you gonna propose to him Laughing Give me a break Laughing Twisted Evil
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ no it's not Bruce or Mike. I'm actually Dan Snyder and I sign the checks, so listen to what I say! Laughing Wink

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TKellion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
^^ no it's not Bruce or Mike. I'm actually Dan Snyder and I sign the checks, so listen to what I say! Laughing Wink
hehe Laughing Twisted Evil
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated the thread & post.
This is now a "Trade for Revis" thread.

Anyways...I sweetened the pot on my earlier trade for Revis.
This is my trade prediction and I'm rolling with it.
(until I'm wrong..lol)

So I'll stick with my prediction:

Redskins= OLB Brian Orakpo & Kirk Cousins & a 2013 3rd rd pick
for
Jets= D.Revis & Tim Tebow & a Jets 2013 5th rd pick

Btw..i posted an article that says we are targeting Revis.
You're welcome, thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thank you on that trade Laughing
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that trade is gross
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree DCRED, the trade got worse! We aren't trading Brian Orakpo it does not make our team better and he doesn't have much value because of tearing his pec two years in a row. Trading Cousins is even dumber considering Rg3s injury.

Then on top of that we are trading for a cb who is coming off a serious knee injury and one of the worst statistical qbs in the NFL.

Kyle Shanahan couldn't live with McNabb and you think he'll want Tebow? Please think

We can't even afford Revis. Here is what he's asking for in a new contract:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

Quote:
According to ESPN New York, Darrelle Revis is "believed" to be seeking $16 million annually and $60 million guaranteed on his next contract.

For perspective, Mario Williams signed a contract last March paying him $16 million per year but with "only" $50 million guaranteed. It made him the highest paid defensive player in league history. New Jets GM John Idzik met with his All-Pro cornerback on Friday, but was noncommittal on Revis' future at his introductory press conference, which speaks volumes. The Jets only have Revis signed through 2013. Mired in the worst salary cap situation in football, the Jets simply won't be able to pay the man.
Jan 25 - 7:59 PM Source: ESPN New York

All of that and he's coming off a torn acl? No thanks to that Shame on you

These trade ideas remind me of the champ bailey trade. Trade a pro bowl cb (one of the best of all time) and a 2nd round pick for a running back with a shelf like of 5 good seasons left in him. Confused

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, Tebow has said that he wants to play QB and wants to start or at least compete for a starting role. He couldnt start over Sanchez or McElroy so what does that tell you.

Cannot see this happening in any capacity. But in the off season we can all be dreamers. Twisted Evil

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
dmvmang

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:

(until I'm wrong..lol)

for

You're welcome, thanks!

Dumbest post of the year. How do you expect to pay Revis idiot.
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:

(until I'm wrong..lol)

for

You're welcome, thanks!

I really enjoy the enthusiasm in your posts but god this would be an horrible trade. The Jets would get one of the best-young pass rushers in the league and there starting QB plus a damn good pick in the third round, meanwhile we get a guy who can't throw the ball and a corner coming off of an ACL injury. This deal would be beyond stupid for the Redskins.
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmvmang wrote:
aceinthehouse wrote:

(until I'm wrong..lol)

for

You're welcome, thanks!

We get the 18M back after the 2013 season, that Mara took from us.
If Revis 2013 season is manageable, then anything he makes from 2014 beyond is no problem either.

We can afford Revis salary.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
dmvmang wrote:
aceinthehouse wrote:

(until I'm wrong..lol)

for

You're welcome, thanks!

If Revis 2013 season is manageable, then anything he makes from 2014 beyond is no problem either.

Revis is wanting a Mario Williams like contract......He wants to be the highest paid Defensive player in the league!!!!! We cant afford that. Not only is Tebow a terrible QB (great guy)!! He has a circus that follows him that we dont need. We would be giving up our best pass rusher.. Starting QB(I dont think Griffen plays in 2013)...and a 3rd round pick...for a CB that will be on the team for less than a year, and arguably the worst QB in the league(great guy)!! This is a Ceratto move bro........
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
dmvmang wrote:
aceinthehouse wrote:

(until I'm wrong..lol)

for

You're welcome, thanks!

so we're going to spend a majority of our cap space on one guy? Laughing that won't happen under this regime

aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me explain why I don't believe this is a Carrato move.

I love Orakpo as much as the next guy, by my fellow Redskins fans on this board and other boards overrate Orakpo. Yes...I'm saying it! I think Brian Orakpo is overrated.

He's a very good pass rusher, but he only has 1 or 2 moves tops.
But even so...he's not even the best Pass Rushing LBer in our very own Division.

He's also good, at batting balls down at the line of scrimmage. This is an important trait to have. No..he's not close to a J.J. Watt, but Orakpo does get his hands on the ball and bats them down.

He's very quick and agile for a 260+ lb LBer.
(He's also a very good tackler, but I don't count that. You should be expected to tackle well as a Positional LBer, imo)

Those are his 3 BEST attributes that he has and what he gives to us, as a Defensive player.

Now to the 3 things Orakpo is NOT good at.
Although he's a good tackler as I pointed out, he is NOT very good in run support. I've seen guys run right by him on occasion and was mystified. Is it because he's asked to pass rush so much? probably...But his awareness concerns me in that regard.

He is lousy in pass coverage. This is one thing that must have Haslett pulling his hair out. Not being able to roll Orakpo into pass coverage on certain 3rd down situations, because Orakpo has no Shiftiness in coverage for as athletic as he is for a big man.

He is not good at causing turnovers...period!
Orakpo has 6 forced fumbles in in 4 seasons.
Kerrigan has 6 in 2 seasons.

Orakpo has 0 INT's in his 4 years here.
Kerrigan not only has 2, but both went for TD's. (which Orakpo has 0 of as well)

Now lets go to Orakpos bread & butter...
Sacks!

Orakpo has 29.5 sacks in 4 years. (11, 8.5, 9 & 1)
Kerrigan has 16 in just 2. (7.5 & then 8.5)

tackles or Combined tackles?
Orakpo has 112 tackles & 170 combined tackles in 4 years.
Kerrigan has 83 tackles or 117 combined tackles.

Kerrigan gets us more production in tackles every season, than Orakpo.
I probably don't even need to look at London's production, to compare.

My point is fellow redskins fans...
Orakpo is good, but not GREAT.
He's very expendable, guys.

If anything...I would almost be more concerned about me wanting to trade Cousins than Orakpo.
He's probably more valuable to us right now, with RG3's uncertainty.

But I'm basing my trade proposal on RG3 coming back healthy.
Which I think he will be...

if that's the case and RG3 can remain healthy for a season...which we all better hope and pray he will be.

Then that's makes Cousins expendable as well and his value as high...as you're going to see it with him in a redskins uniform.

Cause the dude is walking, once he's a free agent and his contract is up.

WHY NOT use him as leverage to get the best CB in football on the Redskins??

If we restructured Hall, which we plan to do no matter the moves we make this season.
We could keep HALL, WIlson and have Revis as our main CB's on the roster.
That's a deadly trio, IMO. We could run a lot of Nickel formations on the field.
And with Philly, Giants and Dallas receivers? We could have quite the dangerous secondary for years to come.

If somehow we can get T. Jackson &/or Brandon Merriweather back, we could be quite the Defense. Or maybe we can draft some good Safety?

Now on to Tim Tebow.
i think this dude as been wrongly perceived and labeled a bad QB, when the facts just don't match up AT ALL.

Is he a high percentage, high quality efficient QB? No

But I have no doubt, that in the right system for him. He could be a quality player & backup at a minimum.

The Pistol wouldn't require that many reads for him and his body can handle the punishment that an RG3 cannot.

Not to mention he has the arm for the long ball to a Moss, Hankerson or Robinson deep.

He could also be used in certain packages as a FB/RB/TE for whatever reason. Give Someone a rest...trick play..who knows?

This kind of Offense is perfect for Tebow could do and he wouldn't be expected do much in the backup role.

He would get more playing time, than he did with the Jets and he would come cheap.
Not to mention, would be a great locker room dude.

Everyone says he sucks...
All I do is laugh.
I'd like to see those same morons, do what he did in Denver.

Tebow WON"T be anything if he has to keep hopping teams every season, for whatever reason. Keep him here and develop the guy, is what i would do. Hell, bring in Shanahan's good friend Urban Myer for council if you must. Work with the dude.

I don't know what makes this trade fair according to the GM's.
Who throws in draft picks or what...

But if I knew that Revis's ACL along with RG3's would be fine and that both players would come back 100%?

I would have zero problem trading a good Orakpo & young QB in Cousins (who throws picks btw..but I do like him)
for
the best CB in the game of Darrelle Revis to shut down any WR we play.
And a QB that has been wrongfully portrayed as a bad QB ,imo in the publics eyes
to this team.

If Tebow would be ok with this situation and the public knew he was the backup, the attention would not be like it has been with Tebow.

RG3 is a stud.
Threw 5 damn INT's this year guys...

Ain't nobody gonna be chanting for Tebow after an RG3 mistake.

Cause quite frankly gentleman...He don't make many..

lol
Laughing

Let the Jets figure out how to retain Orakpo...who's gonna want to get paid, too.
Yea...bet you guys didn't think about that...did ya? (back-to-back injuries he has had)

Orakpo is a free agent after the 2013 season.

I stand by my trade idea.... Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: