Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JerseysFinest27's 2013 Mock Offseason and Draft (v.1)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: JerseysFinest27's 2013 Mock Offseason and Draft (v.1) Reply with quote

Free Agency:

Ryan Clady
End up franchise tagging him then signing him long-term. He gets paid and takes up most of our cap room.
Brandon Stokley- WR
Return of Stokley. Have to do it. Peyton has a great rapport with Brandon and he clearly showed he has a couple miles left in the tank.
Kevin Vickerson- DT
Re-signed to 2-year deal. He played very well this year after putting on some weight. I dont see why we wouldnt re-sign him.
David Bruton- ST's ace
Have to keep Bruton. Hes a great STer and capable backups backup.
Chris Clark- OT
Nice swing-tackle and good in jumbo packages.
Britton Colquitt
RFA tender him and sign long-term

Jason Jones-DT: 6'3", 276 lbs.

Was injured this year so he will come cheaper than last year. Hes still worth taking a shot on, especially given the state of our DL.

Domenik Hixon-WR: 6'2", 200 lbs.

Coming back to the homeland and where he got drafted. Hes a good backup as we need to upgrade our WR's with bigger bodies.

2013 NFL Mock Draft:

Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

1st Round: Margus Hunt DE/DT

6'8" 285 lbs.
Outside of Ezekiel Ansah and Alec Ogletree, Margus Hunt has the most potential of any other defensive player in this draft. Hes a physical and disruptive force, who has yet to even scratch the surface. I believe people are projecting him in the 2nd right now but will likely be a late-1st by May.

2nd Round: Andre Ellington RB Clemson

5'10" 200 lbs.
Ive been on the Ellington bandwagon since last year. The total package at the RB position and we get great value in the 2nd round. Should be able to compete immediately and should be a great player to match with Hillman.

3rd Round: Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB Connecticut

6'1" 189 lbs.
INot many people have heard of him, mainly because UCONN had a rough year in football. That doesnt mean they dont have players. Wilson is a stud on the outside. I love his press coverage and his loose hips. I believe he could step in immediately on the outside, when Harris bumps to the slot in the nickel. Eventually Wilson would replace Champ.

4th Round: Ryan Swope WR Texas A&M

6'0" 205 lbs.
If anyone watched Johnny Football this year then they know of this kid. Is so under-appreciated it sickens me. Doesnt matter. Hes a perfect fit in this offense and should learn a lot playing behind Stokley and Decker.

5th Round: Montori Hughes DT Tennessee-Martin

6'4" 327 lbs.
Hughes is the prototypical big SEC defensive tackle and follows most of them that got kicked out of school for behavior problems their first year. Hughes went to Tennessee but was dismissed after just two years. He was a force when he played and continued that play in the Ohio Valley Conference. Hes fighting some injuries right now (foot) so getting him this late is likely. Steal.

6th Round:Ace Sanders WR South Carolina

5'8" 176 lbs.
Not fast but quick and knows how to find the endzone. He excels in finding soft zones and moving well in space. He will likely struggle till he learns to beat press coverage but I believe he can be an asset in this offense.

7th Round: Joe Kruger DE Utah

6'4" 280 lbs.
Brother of Paul Kruger (OLB/DE Ravens) and plays with same tempo. A very high motor and can easily improve in every facet of his game. Not as talented as his brother but is a high-reward type in the 7th round.

53-Man Roster:
Rookies
Free Agent

Offense- (25)
QB: Manning/Osweiler/Hanie
RB: McGahee/Ellington/Hillman/Moreno
FB: Hester
WR1: Thomas/Hixon
WR2: Decker/Swope
WRslot: Stokley/Sanders
TE:Dreessen/Tamme/Green/Thomas
LT: Clady
LG: Beadles
C: Walton/Blake
RG: Kuper
RT:Franklin/Clark

Defense- (24)
DE: Dumervil/Ayers
DT: Jones/Hunt
DT: Vickerson/Hughes
DE: Wolfe/Jackson/Kruger
WLB: Woodyard/Trevathan
MLB: Williams/Johnson
SLB: Miller/Irving
CB: Bailey/Wreh-Wilson
SS: Adams/Carter
FS: Moore/Bruton
CB: Harris/Carter/Bolden

Special Teams- (4)
K: Prater
P: Colquitt
LS: Brewer
KR/PR: Holliday

Last edited by JerseysFinest27 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little info on Joe Kruger. First I was very surprised that he declared early, I think it was a huge mistake. He had a foot/ankle injury that really hindered his numbers this year. If it weren't for that injury he would be a 3rd-4th rounder (at best). I think like Paul, Joe is going to take a few years to develop. But it 2-3 years he will be a clone of his older brother. He does a great job of using his length to bat balls down and rake in a tackle. He is a project player, but not because of his mind, his body will just need a year or 2 to be a real NFL body. Perfect PS candidate.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would salivate at this offseason/draft.

Not crazy about Margus Hunt, but Ellington, Swope, Wreh-Wilson, especially Ace Sanders who I love, those are great picks. Didn't realize Hixon is a FA. Man that would be a great pickup too.

I'm a fan.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized that Margus is going to be 26 when he starts his rookie season. I'd be ok with a second but nothing higher to draft him.
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur Brown, Alec Ogletree or Kevin Minter instead of Hunt and this would be an epic draft.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dislike Margus. He is a great athlete, but he doesn't possess great functional football strength. He plays with terrible leverage and is 26 years old. I think that he gets over drafted in the high 2nd round by a 3-4 team.

Ellington is a nice player but IMO this RB class is deep enough to wait until the 4th or 5th round and get a player with similar talent.

I love Wreh-Wilson. He has #1 CB potential and you need a stable of talented CB's in this days passing league. I fully expect Elway to take one, and Wilson would be a great option.

Montori Hughes is a excellent talent and I cant disagree about him in the low 5th round.

Everyone loves Swope but he is an average talent who fits as a possession only receiver. We need someone at WR who can play slot while also possessing the speed to break a deep pass. This class is chalked full of WR's with gamebreaking speed. My personal favorite is Markus Wheaton who reminds me of Emmanuel Sanders.

Ace Sanders is a talented little guy but we already have a limited midget in Holliday. If we go for a utility/athlete/gadget guy I want someone with a history of taking some end-around run plays and Sanders has no history of taking the ball out of the backfield.

I like the effort, just not a fan of most of these players.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
Just realized that Margus is going to be 26 when he starts his rookie season. I'd be ok with a second but nothing higher to draft him.

Yeah no way I want to spend a 1st round pick on a guy who will be 26 years old going into his rookie season. You only get 4 seasons till he turns 30. So I don't buy the "he's only scratching the surface of his potential." Outside of that I really like pretty much everything else.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
I really dislike Margus. He is a great athlete, but he doesn't possess great functional football strength. He plays with terrible leverage and is 26 years old. I think that he gets over drafted in the high 2nd round by a 3-4 team.

Ellington is a nice player but IMO this RB class is deep enough to wait until the 4th or 5th round and get a player with similar talent.

I love Wreh-Wilson. He has #1 CB potential and you need a stable of talented CB's in this days passing league. I fully expect Elway to take one, and Wilson would be a great option.

Montori Hughes is a excellent talent and I cant disagree about him in the low 5th round.

Everyone loves Swope but he is an average talent who fits as a possession only receiver. We need someone at WR who can play slot while also possessing the speed to break a deep pass. This class is chalked full of WR's with gamebreaking speed. My personal favorite is Markus Wheaton who reminds me of Emmanuel Sanders.

Ace Sanders is a talented little guy but we already have a limited midget in Holliday. If we go for a utility/athlete/gadget guy I want someone with a history of taking some end-around run plays and Sanders has no history of taking the ball out of the backfield.

I like the effort, just not a fan of most of these players.

Ace Sanders and Trindon Holliday aren't really identical players. Holliday is literally only a return man. Ace Sanders can be a Julian Edelman-esque player. He's also had much more exposure in the passing game.

I agree with Markus Wheaton though. He's going to be a good player.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the CB pick and Hunt is probably the most intriguing prospect in the draft.
I don't share your optimism at MLB or our OL interior however.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Love the CB pick and Hunt is probably the most intriguing prospect in the draft.

Im certainly not ok with MLB. I just think that outside Te'o and Minter that theres no one worth spending the pick on. Plus, with the amount of time we spend in the Nickel, theres really not a ton of plays we'll need a MLBer in for.

I just dont see us drafting the "MLBer of the Future" in this draft, without having to trade up. I have been tossing around the idea of signing Urlacher because I think the Bears draft Ogletree and let Urlacher walk. Hes not the player he once was but hes much better than Brooking ever was.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Im certainly not ok with MLB. I just think that outside Te'o and Minter that theres no one worth spending the pick on. Plus, with the amount of time we spend in the Nickel, theres really not a ton of plays we'll need a MLBer in for.

I just dont see us drafting the "MLBer of the Future" in this draft, without having to trade up. I have been tossing around the idea of signing Urlacher because I think the Bears draft Ogletree and let Urlacher walk. Hes not the player he once was but hes much better than Brooking ever was.

Pretty much with ya on the Te'o/Minter / everybody else situation. Hoping one falls to us.

Anybody else you see that might fit that role that'd be available later?

Curious about the OG situation also. I'm Kupers greatest fan but he's not going to be able to get done what Fox wants. Combine Kuper and ManRam and you've got a great OG.

I'm just thinkin' that that guy might be there at our 2nd. Pass on the Rb and bring in a very good OG.

Thoughts?
toolxarmy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, You don't have us resigning Tony Carter tho?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note, I'm really intrigued by Hunt. If we spend our 1st there I won't [inappropriate/removed] a bit.
It's what he's done before football thats amazing. Toss in the work ethic Soviet (okay, no longer USSR) athletes have and commitment he could end up being the jewel in the draft.
elliot878

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
On another note, I'm really intrigued by Hunt. If we spend our 1st there I won't [inappropriate/removed] a bit.
It's what he's done before football thats amazing. Toss in the work ethic Soviet (okay, no longer USSR) athletes have and commitment he could end up being the jewel in the draft.

Russian hockey players have a bad wrap for being lazy, so not sure where you're going with that.

Love the UConn pick. Daniel Jeremiah was pumping BWW up on twitter about a week ago, and I can't go against that guy seeing as he worked in the league for years as a scout and talent evaluator.

Really like the Hixon pickup. Never been a huge Jason Jones fan, but can't say I'd be disappointed if he came cheap, the more pass rush the better.

Also think we've got a mature enough locker room to get the most out of a character risk such as Hughes so I like that pick. Worth it with our locker room and his upside to take a shot in the later rounds.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JerseysFinest27"][quote="AKRNA"]Love the CB pick and Hunt is probably the most intriguing prospect in the draft.
I don't share your optimism at MLB or our OL interior however.[/quote]

I just dont see us drafting the "MLBer of the Future" in this draft, without having to trade up. I have been tossing around the idea of signing Urlacher because I think the Bears draft Ogletree and let Urlacher walk. Hes not the player he once was but hes much better than Brooking ever was.[/quote]

Alright I disagree I'm a Mich St. Fan but I live in the Bay Area so I watch a lot of Stanford games. I personally love Shane Skov. We wouldn't have to move up and I think can be a leader for this defense. I also like Stephan Taylor no reason just biased. I like your draft too but Joe Kruger is gonna go higher than 7th.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: